It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Investigates - Assets of the Ayatollah Khamenei

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Yeah, and America and Europe don't? Last I heard America were arming terrorists in Syria, are yous the only one's allowed to do it or something?

No where did I say that America didn't. Learn how to read. I said Iran does it LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Iran is just as devious and just as dirty as those they complain about. And the Ayatollah with his 100 billion $$ power grab is just like any Western Soros-type. No amount of your apologetics for them changes those facts ... and it's the facts about the Ayatollah that this thread is about.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Danbones
can't say they aren't trying and wouldn't take over the country if they could get past the oil god

I have no doubt that the religious leadership of each denomination would love to run the country. But they do not. Secular rule of law keeps them in line. And they are subject to taxes and open books like everyone else. The same can't be said of Iran. The Ayatollah gets a free pass ... and gets 100 Billion $$$ of ill-gotten gains to use as his power base.

Secular law is a Western ideology. Democratic governments also have ridiculous amounts of money. Either way really doesn't matter. The only difference is Iran doesn't go around obliterating countries to inherit more wealth.

Why look for water when you can drink out of your own backyard.

In the last ten years, a huge inflow of oil revenues has taken place without any improvement in income inequality. Added to this is a lack of government transparency, which has fueled suspicion about how the oil riches are being spent. Ahmadinejad’s populist rhetoric has intensified fears of corruption and distrust of the rich in a country where wealth accumulation is held in low esteem, no matter its sources. Indeed, the proper purpose of politics and governance in Iran is considered to be redistribution much more so than promoting economic growth. As the Revolution enters its fourth decade, with oil prices down for the foreseeable future and the disappointing results of the latest experience with populist politics already evident, it would be interesting to speculate if this narrow view of politics is likely to change.

SOURCE

They are not unfamiliar with the practice. The problem for them is they can't bring a knife to a gun fight. One would argue that their superiority in the world today is minimized by the fact that they can take care of their own without looking for a foreign shoulder to lean on. The machine if fed while the mechanic to that machine starves.

edit on 20-4-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
*Double Post*
Sorry, I was going for webpage real estate to become posting overlord of this site.

edit on 20-4-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well to be honest with you I wouldn't expect anything less from a Western Propaganda news outlet. Since Reuter's have undeniable facts they must be coming from somewhere else also and I want to know where they are if they exist.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

1. THANKS for adding a touch of sanity to the topic.

2. The Ayatollah IS equal to or worse than the Shah in a list of ways. "Laws" fobidding questioning of his decisions and actions via his property holding org are hideous, devilish.

3. Even the worst of the Christian mega-church folks have demonstrated donating millions in behalf of the poor, disasters, community development etc.

4. Pat Robertson's OPERATION BLESSING donates 100% of the gifts to it to the end user poor. 100% of the overhead of OPERATION BLESSING is covered by CBN.

5. Billy Graham for decades, IIRC, lived on $25,000 a year. I assume it was raised at some point but I don't know. He was scrupulous about money and even the faint appearance of evil. If he was alone on an elevator and it stopped at an intermediate floor and a woman got on, he'd get off.

6. Franklin Graham's SAMARITAN'S PURSE has one of the lowest overhead costing benevolent organizations in the world.

7. Christian organizations built the VAST BULK of the hospitals and schools--particularly in developing countries--around the world.

8. ALL the IVY LEAGUE Universities started out as Bible colleges and/or founded by Christians. That includes HARVARD.

9. Assailing the vastly better and different very positive contributions to the welfare of the poor as well as the general population by Christian organizations to the hideous org of the Khamenei, imho, is a thoroughly ignorant, clueless, inaccurate, absurd sort of display of uninformed hogwash.

10. imho, Hostile bitterness, vengeance etc. at Christian organizations has to do much more with ATTACHMENT DISORDER AND POOR PARENTING than it does with facts.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
As opposed to the press-tv that you rely on? HERE Yeah, okay.
Reuters gave the information. It's backed by multiple reliable sources.
If you can debunk it ... go ahead. That's what this site is for ... finding truth.
Go ahead .... give it a try. Attempt to debunk it.
Greater minds than ours have tried and failed.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Well, like the CIA installed shaw, I'm going to bet Komeini is an extension of BP, and so is run by the same folks as the zionists, and Obama, and Harper too...
There were articles posted in veterans today not to long ago, which showed collusion between Israel and Tehran to manipulate the price of oil through war rhetoric...

edit on Sunpm4b20144America/Chicago43 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Anything is possible. Reuters did a good job uncovering the massive wealth and power structure behind this 'austere' and 'devout' man. He's a player like any of the 'great satan Westerners'. His anti-west rhetoric is just that .. rhetoric ... something to keep the peasants thinking he's just like they are.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

It's hard to keep track of who is backed by which groups.
If the CIA installed him .. I"m sure they are regretting it.
(they usually pick losers .. seems to be their M.O. )

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join