It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use your mind to explore the universe not your eyes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The universe is a very beautiful place to see, feel, touch, hear, and experience in general but theres more hidden below the surface. In order to discover the hidden nature of the universe you need to explore it with your mind.

I have been having an engaging discussion in another thread essentially about reductionism and context. In my view removing context and "persona" or living characteristics from what we observe in the universe is why we fail to understand it.

Giving the various aspects of the universe personal characteristics and archetypal persona's is exactly how we are going to move forward with understanding its true nature. It will also help you understand age old mythologies of which the information to explain has been hidden and is only truly discovered through what i call the process of alchemy.

Discuss...

ADD - If you do this maybe you will understand your god "imagery" better.
edit on 4/20/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I've found that meditating is a way to feel a oneness with the Creator. I wasn't much of a meditator before, but meditating has helped me feel that oneness in everyday life. I hate the idea of having to mechanically attend to my spirituality, but sometimes we just have to manually plug into the universe.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Are you saying anthropomorphism will lead to a greater understanding of the universe?
I think that alchemy uses personal characteristics of the universe, among other things, as a method toward greater understanding.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Eckart Tolle " When you perceive nature only through the mind, through the mind, through thinking, you cannot sense its aliveness, its beingness. You see the form only and are unaware of the life within the form-the sacred mystery."

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If you do this maybe you will understand your god "imagery" better. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is something I'm looking for...or something I've been doing all along, but trying to stop because I think it is limiting.
I was raised Christian and I've been assuming that giving labels like "He" or "God" is going to stall my understanding. I wanted a definition--something I could hold, but I didn't want to put anything in a box.

But, words like Oneness seem so...sterile. It is meant to connect Me to It, but that kind of word somehow still leaves me separate from it. A word like Father or Mother is very intimate, but also very anthropomorphic.
edit on 20-4-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: awakendhybrid

I think your getting at this idea...

God being as formless and you dont want to associate imagery with a formless god.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BDBinc

Im not talking about the five senses thats "brain" to me not mind.

Mind to me is the formless self.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The Self is formless and is found beyond the mind.
edit on 20-4-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You can explore the whole universe in astral projection... Travel in there is not limited to light speed like in the physical. You just have to think of your destination and "fake" a feeling of instant travel and you will be teleported. The joy of freedom from the flesh..

But you know this, dont you?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Why not use both?

It seems a sort of false-dichotomy to choose one over the other, as both are required to make sense of the phenomena around us. I think a being that didn't use its senses wouldn't have memories, experience, and thus no a mind at all.
edit on 20|4|14 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: awakendhybrid

I think your getting at this idea...

God being as formless and you dont want to associate imagery with a formless god.

But, correct me if I didn't get your meaning, your OP seemed to suggest that I should let myself anthropomorphize this experience...that it would not be detrimental to trust that kind of imagery.

top topics

join