It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US heading for a Constitutional Convention and what are the dangers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Is the US heading for a Constitutional Convention and what are the dangers?

Voter fraud seems rife in the US, both federally and in some States. Can THEY manufacture an outcome?

This is a very real problem! How much money will be thrown at this problem? How many lies will be told and how many stories, charts and videos will appear that show the opposite of reality.

Yes, the one chance for the Fed to wipe out the First, Second, Fourth and Fifth Amendments in one fell swoop.
For them, this is wet dream territory. How do you avoid the above? If they try it on, the US will go up in flames.

The real question is, what needs to go into a new Constitutional Amendment? The more you think about this and the more you put in, the harder it will be for them to win. These are my thoughts and apply to any Western Nation, not just the US of A.

1 The Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States applies only to human beings.

2 The Fifth Amendment does not apply to any person in any Government, semi-Government, Corporate or Religious position where the question relates to their professional position or employment.

3 Lying to or misleading ‘We The People’ is a crime against The Very Fabric Of Democracy. It is a crime with the same penalties as Espionage. This part applies equally to any Government, semi-Government, Corporate or Religious organization.

4 Promises made prior to an election, as part of the platform of a party or by an individual, must be kept. If they are not, the Supreme Court shall decide between laying charges for misleading ‘We The People’ and / or calling a new election. Minimum sentence is one year in jail and a life ban on any Government or semi-government position.

5 There is a two term limit on all positions of the Congress.

6 The President may instantly use any means to defend within US Borders from direct attack by outside Military forces.

7 Any use of US Military or US intelligence force outside of the borders of the US requires two thirds majority of Congress AND two thirds of the State Governors acting in concert.

8 Any attempt to infringe any part of the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution of the United States is an offense against The Very Fabric Of Democracy punishable by life imprisonment.

9 Senior Military positions equivalent to four Star General and above will be made by the State Governors by vote.

Any others?

P

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Voter fraud seems rife in the US, both federally and in some States. Can THEY manufacture an outcome?

Oh yeah they can but remember "It's for the children."

I don't want to see this CC go forward because frankly I don't believe the short sighted lobbyist swayed politicians can be trusted to not screw us over... again. Also don't think most (if any) of them are as smart as the folks who wrote the original in the first place either.

If it ain't broken leave it alone.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

If it ain't broken leave it alone.

But my friend, it is broken! That is the problem!

What part of "shall not be infringed" do lawmakers not understand.

The second allows carrying of firearms without any further stipulation. It is clear as.

Yet, there are so many rules!

It is broken!

P

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The second allows carrying of firearms without any further stipulation.

Yet, there are so many rules!

It is broken!

It's not the Constitution I see as broken, it's the criminal element in DC. Congress, POTUS and the SCOTUS. They're the ones who piled on the additional unlawful laws.

I truly believe if we give them the chance to change the Constitution we'll end up with something like this:
    The New 2nd Amendment:
    Thou shall not have any firearms unless prosecuting immoral wars in the military.

Really, they will hose us all if they start monkeying with the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I do believe, that if they re-write the constitution, and TAKE the 1st, 2nd, etc. Away, or change them in ANY fashion to limit or remove our rights that Revolutionary war would be the only outcome to follow.

People are NOT going to take losing their ability to free speech kindly.

People WILL NOT accept losing their right to firearms. (Much to the governments dismay).

Everything after those two, will further enrage those who understand and use their rights to the fullest.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I would have to agree with Bassago. The constitution isn't the problem. It shouldn't come as a big surprise. when his majesty stands in front of a microphone and tells us that "The U.S. is a country that is based on the rule of law" and then he stands in front off a microphone and says "Legislative branch? I don't need them. I have a pen and a phone" you should get the message. I just used that example, well, because it is so arrogant. It displays the total disregard of the very same "rule of law" garbage they feed the cool-aid drinkers all the time. Yeah. Nice call Bassago. You nailed it. We have three branches of government. A conspiracy would only require two. Checks and balances? Naw. It's more like having a cast iron alibi! The three branches just make the cover-ups a little harder to pry open. But even when the vermin do get exposed from to the light of day, what do you hear from the state governments? Yeah. Crickets. Tumbleweeds. Well, old Geo Washington warned us. Thank You George! Guess we should have been paying much closer attention to the generational process of creating an "imperial presidency" The current king didn't do this by himself, but he's just as guilty!
But a United States perched on the brink of civil war? Well, a little revolution is always a good thing. Hit the "reset" button. I'm sure the rest of the world is jumping for joy that the U.S. is about to implode. I only have one question for the rest of the world. How long can you tread water? Because when the U.S.A. starts heading for the hard bottom, we'll be taking a lot of you with us. And the wheel turns. May you have a blessed and peacful Ostara everyone !!

edit on 4202014 by tencap77 because: spelling / Content

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
People are NOT going to take losing their ability to free speech kindly.

I understand what you you are saying here, but the state of thought is all wrong in terms of what the Founding Fathers and political revolutionaries laid out for us.

For instance, the notion that we would be "losing [our] ability to free speech" is contrary to the thought that it is the State that has allowed us to speak freely. It isn't. Our ability to speak predates any known form of government and a piece of paper, or even the Constitution, doesn't give us that ability.

In debating the very concept of enumerating specific Rights within the Constitution, James Madison feared exactly the type of thinking that you present above -- that we freely speak because the Constitution allows it. That is balderdash! We speak because we are human and we have the ability naturally (or God given).

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Very well said and yet, for time immemorial, this right has been removed right across our planet, that is why such rights are enshrined in 'a piece of paper.'

P

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hopefully I read your OP correctly. I am assuming your list below in which I am replying to is your ideas of what we should discuss if we were to have a Constitutional Convention?

originally posted by: pheonix358
1 The Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States applies only to human beings.

It already does; just because States, Congress and eventually the Supreme Court of the United States has extended the First Amendment to associations (read: corporations, unions, churches, etc), doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to anything other than people. It is human beings who make up those associations.

2 The Fifth Amendment does not apply to any person in any Government, semi-Government, Corporate or Religious position where the question relates to their professional position or employment.

So...in your number one statement you say that the Bill of Rights should only apply to "human beings", but you are okay with the very same Government denying any human being that has taken up civil service? Belongs to a church? Happens to run a business?

3 Lying to or misleading ‘We The People’ is a crime against The Very Fabric Of Democracy. It is a crime with the same penalties as Espionage. This part applies equally to any Government, semi-Government, Corporate or Religious organization.

I agree, but what is a lie? How do you prove a lie absent of a Court of Law. I agree with the sentiment, but if we move down this path, the very act of not being truthful will land a lot of people in jail that are not of your list.

4 Promises made prior to an election, as part of the platform of a party or by an individual, must be kept. If they are not, the Supreme Court shall decide between laying charges for misleading ‘We The People’ and / or calling a new election. Minimum sentence is one year in jail and a life ban on any Government or semi-government position.

This goes with #3 above. While campaign promises are far-stretching, it should be known to people in this day and age that what a Senator, a Congressman/woman, a President, promises, still must be met with the structure of the Government. It would seem that the problem, as others have stated above, is not with the Constitution, but rather with those who occupy the framework set forth via the Constitution and those who continually place persons that are known to lie or over-extend promises to gain power, into office.

5 There is a two term limit on all positions of the Congress.

Term-limits sound great, but anything that limits the People, especially to the "Peoples' House" irks me. The People should be able to exercise if they want someone to continue to represent them, for however long they so wish. Gerrymandering should be targeted before implementing term limits.

6 The President may instantly use any means to defend within US Borders from direct attack by outside Military forces.

Already has that....

7 Any use of US Military or US intelligence force outside of the borders of the US requires two thirds majority of Congress AND two thirds of the State Governors acting in concert.

Agreed but would need to repeal the War Powers Act that has allowed your #6 to be extended into all threats deemed by the Executive.

8 Any attempt to infringe any part of the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution of the United States is an offense against The Very Fabric Of Democracy punishable by life imprisonment.

Technically already in the Constitution. Article VI, Section 3:

3: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution...

There is even a way to enforce it; but that is a political game now. Impeachment is can be applied to any Officer of the United States.

9 Senior Military positions equivalent to four Star General and above will be made by the State Governors by vote.

Interesting idea...but I am not sure what it would solve.

I commend the list you made, as it presents ideas.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

That right has been muted in areas across the planet, but as we have seen from time to time, it still rears its head regardless of any denial thereof. When people realize that the "laws" imposed upon them are unjust, they will, invariably, speak out against them -- even if under threat of being punished for doing so.

Short of sewing a person's mouth shut, no law can effectively silence an entire people. If they have been effectively silenced, say in the case of North Korea, they can still whisper. It all is predicated upon the ideals that the Government is not the holder of inherent power; but rather the People are and they have delegated various powers to them to administer a Just Government.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I don't see the point. The same people who have screwed things up so badly to begin with will be the first ones at the table rewriting a constitution nobody will follow anyway.

You don't take your car back to the mechanic responsible for screwing it up in the first place. But that's essentially what would be happening. A bunch of ignorant and immoral politicians rewriting the rules to get rid of other ignorant and immoral politicians they happen to not like so much.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I actually find a constitutional convention and amendment to be positively terrifying. It just seems to me that whenever the politicians within Congress uniformly agree, it never really bodes well for the people. Amendments are deliberately crafted to be intensely difficult to repeal or alter. Quite frankly, I'm not comfortable with this attempt for so many reasons. First of all, how many times has a rider been slipped into legislation that has nothing to do with the subject of the legislation? How many of our politicians in Congress been receiving large campaign contributions?

If the convention would have occurred some 50 years ago, perhaps I'd be more comforted but after Citizens United v. FEC and other recent legislative shenanigans, our Congress has no business in a Constitutional Convention. Congress has had some of the lowest approval ratings ever recorded in US history over the last few years for a reason. Why on earth would people be joyful or excited over this?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I actually find a constitutional convention and amendment to be positively terrifying

I understand your remark and yet, there is now, only one other option, that is to give the Tree of Liberty a good soaking.

A Constitutional Convention or a civil war.

What other options are there.

P

top topics

join