It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homesick for prison, 74 year old man gets his wish...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
He's 74. Everyone he knows is in prison. Free healthcare, free shelter, free food, and he gets to socialize. At 74 with no retirement fund, no savings, no house, no car.....you cant beat that. Not much different than an old folks home really. Not like most of them can leave when they to anyway. Usually thats the last stop before the cemetery. Normally I would LOL at a 74 year old bank robber....but then again that guy that shot those people in KC was 70 so you can never count em out.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tencap77
a reply to: totallackey

74 yrs old? Spent most of his life in prison? Has a hard time functioning on the "outside"? I'm pretty sure if this guy spent a large amount of time in prison, he has been afforded enough opportunities to avail himself of a degree or trade that would "allow" him to re-enter society as a "productive" (TAX-PAYING!) individual. I would suppose we spend more money on "re-habilitating" repeat offenders than we do on our honored vets that are leaving the service! Also, he robbed a bank. You do the time if you do the crime (unless you've been elected to public office, then all you have to do is find a pen and a phone and make up a law that makes you "not" guilty again.) This guy is were he belongs. AT least he's honest about that. And he punched his OWN ticket! Case closed.

HAHAHAHAHA oh you were serious??

You can give convicts the best job training available.... you still have to find someone willing to actually hire them. That is the problem. There is no shortage of employers who will not hire a felon regardless of any training or qualifications they have.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Would say its mixed .. part is society shunning those who did the time for their crime i.e difficulty getting jobs , housing not accepting them as human beings after release from prison .. with attitudes like that all the education opportunities , rehabilitation, job training end up being worthless .. leavingthem little choice the way society is structured other than commiting more crime to go back to prison where they have a place to sleep and something to eat .. at what point are they considered as having paid their debt to society ..

It seems that were all to blame for our failure in understanding .. yet its easier to point fingers and place blame elsewhere rather than face the truth - we as society made them what they are ..

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Like some mems have posted in this thread.Dude is like Brooks i.e Shawshank..He's used to being institutionalized.Freedom was weird from his pov..
edit on 20-4-2014 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join