It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Pizza is great. It's the most popular Italian food yet it was invented in America (I have a feeling it was greatly influenced by the Greek pita) When it comes to delivery I love Dominos. Little Caesar's has great authentic breads now. I use to eat at Pizza Hut a lot. These days I've eaten a lot of DiGiorno. DiGiorno is a really good DIY pizza. I've eaten at Papa John's before but I can't remember what it was like. I think it was delicious. My mom use to get pizza at Papa Murphy's for all of us kids quite a lot, that was years ago and I haven't ever gone into Papa Murphy's since I started paying for my own food. I don't like New York pizza. It's thin, bare and tastes like cardboard. Them New Yorkers need to get some tastebuds. What else can I say about Pizza? It's convenient, it's everywhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I love pizza too, but i'm purdy damn certain it did not originate in the US.... sticking cheese and tomatoes and other yums on a flat bread/dough is an oooold Mediterranean thing.

Just sayin'

ETA: some further info...History of Pizza at Wiki

Tomato is a fairly recent addition it seems, but the dish seems thousands of years old, and the term Pizza has a pretty hefty heritage too
edit on 19-4-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Papa Murphy's Gourmet vegetarian with white garlic sauce to die for! Cook 12 mins. on the paper and take it off with a spatula and 5 mins more directly on the oven rack. Red pepper flakes mmmm!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Modern pizza was invented in Naples, Italy in the late 18th century. It first made its appearance in the US in the late 19th century...introduced by Italians. It didn't get to Canada till the 50s.

Best healthy pizza? Homemade. I have been making them from scratch since I was 12........pizza is great!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm a fan of Pizza too casio.

But not that big of one. To much will kill you quick.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I thought the Queen Margherita story was the origin of pizza too, but it may just be apocryphal according to some sauces. heh

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: Agartha

I thought the Queen Margherita story was the origin of pizza too, but it may just be apocryphal according to some sauces. heh

Hi! Pizza types were made in ancient times in the Mediterranean but modern pizza was only invented after the tomatoes got to Europe and it was used as a topping.

The first modern pizza is documented to have been made in Naples and it was sold in the streets. If you ever go to Naples you can still visit the first pizzeria, Antica pizzeria, opened before 1850.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I always wonder how something like pizza hut or papa johns or dominos is like... we have this, but normally you order at a local shop.
In Germany we have special "Pizzashops" called Pizzeria, they usually are run by a local Italian and they deliver.
Always really delicious, the last week I made Pizza myself... 2 times.
Tasted perfectly.
Recipe for the dough:
- 500gramm flour
- 300ml water
- 10g salt
- 4g dry yeast
- 2tablespoons olive oil

Mix it for 5 minutes and then let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
Roll it out really thin (maybe 3mm)
Should do about 6 normal sized pizzas
Do normal pizza topping as you like, I prefer tomato-basil sauce, grated cheese, salami
Put it in oven for 15 minutes (or a bit more) at 210°C
edit on 19-4-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You are talking about mass produced pizza take out and take and bake card board pizzas also produced on a mass scale using the words "Delicious" and "To Die For"

I guess they got you.

All chemicals and crap.

I own a pizza take out and have no ingredients that can't be pronounced.

My dough: Water, Flour, Salt, Sugar, Yeast...

Many of my customers actually buy the dough to take home because they love it and know what's in it as well.

Now that's Pizza!

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I concur.

I guess they got you.

All chemicals and crap.

where the hell do you shop?
just shut up and eat it !

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Damn this thread, now I am sitting here with a cheap bottle of Weißherbst, eating left overs at 2am in the morning

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Best pizza in the world after anything in Italy....is in NYC. Corner of Dyckman Street and Post. (Inwood, 1 train to dyckman street.)

I am not even kidding. Greek guys, over 30 years in business. Pizza palace its called.

I can not even describe the Joy.

I have not met ONE person who has tried it and not openly admitted that it was the best they ever had.

If you are in NYC go there......OMFG

edit on 4 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
One of my first jobs in my early 20's was deputy manager of a Pizza restaurant, starting with 6 months intensive training, learning every aspect of the job, including making the huge dough every day, from the industrial mixer, cutter, roller, to hand pressing in tins, it was a great experience. I spent 4 years in that job and loved it, I perfected the art of dough and pizza making until it was second nature. Now bread making is really relaxing and I sometimes make pizza at home, even the simplest pizza can be completely delicious with the right ingredients, fresh ripe tomato, basil, fresh mozzarella and garlic, yummy!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You can't even do the mass produced chain stuff. It's not pizza unless it's done by a local artisan-style or mom and pop shop or by hand in your home.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I like pizza, but I have been trying to figure out what food I am intollerant to. I think it may be tomatoes. I never ate that much tomato product, but have been eating more the last five years and my stomach bothers me a lot. It's four days without any tomato at all now, I still have a week to go before I will know. In our house, going without tomato is hard, the wife likes it a lot.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony I don't like New York pizza. It's thin, bare and tastes like cardboard. Them New Yorkers need to get some tastebuds.

I have to ask, what do you consider New York pizza? Sbarros? To even suggest that frozen, fugazi pizza is better is outright blasphemy.

I'm guessing you think olive garden is real Italian cuisine also

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

He has never tried the one I am talking about. Its like he is describing the complete opposite of it.

I have tried most NYC pizza. Large chain retailers arent NYC pizza. They are corporate entities that produce a product on an assembly line. They could sell that filth anywhere in the world and it would taste the same.

NYC pizza is exceptionally good for the water. All pizza makers and lovers know that the quality of the water for making the dough is very important. NYC has some of the best water around. No joke. You wouldnt think so, but we REALLY take care of it.

Also we have a long tradition of Italian American immigrants bringing the flavors of the old country to NYC. You would be surprised how authentic the ingredients get. Many Italian grandmothers would contest to the fact that they cook with almost little variation to their recipes thanks to many decades of perfecting an industry to support endless Italian restaurants, eateries, and pizzerias.

I am almost offended that NYC pizza would be compared to some dominos, pizza hut type crap.

BLASPHEMERS!!!

edit on 4 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

You are talking about mass produced pizza take out and take and bake card board pizzas also produced on a mass scale using the words "Delicious" and "To Die For" -

I make my own too, but often pizza day for us is a movie and rest and no one cooks or cleans up day..rare :-)
Papa Murphy makes their dough and you watch them make the pizza with fresh veggies, take it home and bake it so it really is like home made in most ways.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Crosby family pizza in the Bronx. Shoot me a pm if you're ever out here

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I use to live in WA st, and I loved Papa Murphy's and that garlic sauce, yummers. But I moved to NY and the pizza sucks, it's soggy and the sauce has an overbearing sage flavor, gross I like basil in my sauce... where's the basil NY? My husband thinks i'm nuts but I really just don't care for it and hardly eat it anymore.

My favorite pizza was a little place in my hometown called "The Pizza factory", the bread was buttery and crispy on the edges and deep pan style, just oh so perfect.

Truthfully I did find one place in NY that had fairly tolerable pizza, but then I went to take a bite and found a freakin fly. I called them they were like "oops backdoor was open" oops they lost a customer.
edit on 20-4-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join