It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no comfort in the after life.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nightlight7

I like this line of thinking. I have a couple of questions.

In your opinion:

1.) What is the purpose of this process?

2.) What happens once the consciousness shifts from the weak to the smarter crew?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Is this a riddle? Life is a journey, and in death, is simply another journey. Our soul is eternal.

I certainly don't perversely entertain hell, or wish it or hope it on others! I'd rather journey right past heaven to paradise, swing by the galactic center and experience Nirvana, and reincarnate in one of the billions of likely developing planets in countless shapes and forms across the cosmos! I just hope it isn't always a mind wipe...and a pay to be born, pay to live, pay to die prison planet.

CdT

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you research near death experiences, you will see how these people loved the afterlife so much they didn't want to return here.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I've had one, it completely changed my perspective on death. Before I though we slipped in to the deep abyss, nothing forever and ever. Now I know there's so much more, it's crazy how 1 minute and 5 seconds can completely change ones perspective on life.

Other people may have wanted to stay, I've got no recollection other than complete peace, it was perfect.

Our consciousness carries on, whether that's in a body we are familiar with or not is irrelevant.
edit on 20-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Could you share that experience with us??

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Absolutely

At the age of 25 I had a near death experience (NDE). I had been very sick for a long time with un-diagnosed Addison’s disease. Two weeks prior to the NDE I had a very vivid dream. There was a single tree in a field of grass with wildflowers strewn here and there, it was a very beautiful. Standing in the center of the field was a woman with her arms outreached to me. When I woke up the dream felt like a premonition, I knew I was going to die.

The NDE occurred in the ICU at 12:05 pm. When I woke up there was at least 20 people standing around me, machines everywhere and a nurse putting oxygen mask on my face, it was very hectic. Before anyone told me what happened, I already knew. There was no bright tunnel, no white light and no one waiting to meet me, I don’t recall seeing anything visually at all. What I was left with was a feeling of utter peace, one that I had never felt before and have not felt since. Wherever I had been I now I was not alone. I had always been afraid of dying and my NDE changed that. I am no longer afraid of death; the process of dying is the scary part. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

P.S Why is Jesse Ventura staring at me.

First off. I agree with your question. It's creeping me out too!
Second. Depends on what "flavor" of after life you believe in I imagine. Does the concept of an eternal ground hog day bum me out? Not really. I used to be a Catholic. the Heaven thing. Hell. Purgatory. Just thinking about it sends a shiver down my spine. But now that I'm all grown up ( 8 yrs of Catholic school is some SERIOUS indoctrination!) I have to question the model of what "after life" means in the context of the religion I had pounded (sometimes literally) into my head. This doesn't mean I think Christianity or Catholicism or Islam or whatever, are bad things. I would completely disagree. I think the VAST majority of people who express faith, do an unknowable amount of good in the world. In nine minutes, it will be Easter Sunday. And all over the world, people are going to rejoice in rthe esurrection of they're savior. I wish them a day of peace and joy. I personally will be celebrating Ostara. Like the good pagan I am. We celebrate it for much the same reason. The "World" is renewed. The light of life has returned. We should give thanks. But I'm looking forward to the after life that I believe waits for me. There are family and friends and trusted companions I want to, need to, yearn to be with again. I want to taste my Moms Shephards Pie again. I want to go sailing with my Dad. I want to look into the eyes of a brother I never knew. I want to toss the football around with my friend who got hit by a truck when I was nine. And if I spend an eternity hanging out with them? I am TRULY blessed. Life is hard enough. Spending an eternity with the people I care most about? I'll be so happy, I won't even know I'm dead. It's 12:04 AM in Colorado. It is Easter. I am renewed. And typing this post? GRAVY. Hi Mom. Hi Dad. Hi Rocky. Hi Rick. MIss you! Luv Ya! I know when it's time, you'll leave the light on for me, you know, the one at the end of the "tunnel"! I am renewed. Blessed Be.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Could an eternal consciousness that has no body, create an illusion of physical reality with time? And perhaps after eons completely forget that it is all an illusion.

The answer is YES!

If the answer is yes, how do we know this body we live in at the very moment is not such a fake state of existence, created by our consciousness lost in the eternal darkness of death.

We don't know and here is why ...

Three Minute Philosophy: Rene Descartes.

"Cogito Ergo Sum" aka "I think, therefor I AM!" proves that you can only prove that your sense of perception exists ...and you can only prove that to yourself!

To prove it to anybody else you BOTH have to agree on APRIORI default unquestionable states ..such as "observers have bodies' OR you can get NOWHERE argumentatively.

Have fun trying to sleep tonight! MUhahahahaha

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

1. eternal state of non being

In deep sleep there is non being - you are but you are not experiencing any thing (no body and no thing at all) - you are not being anything.

2. eternal state of consciousness without a body floating around not able to do anything but think for eternity.
Why would you think if you had no body? If you were just conscious but with no body you would have nothing to concern yourself with - it is the body that is our major concern.

3. eternal state of consciousness+body ( party time forever )
I don't think this makes for 'party time'. Have you seen the film 'Death becomes her'?

4. eternal state of unity with the great one and only ...( new age stuff)

You already are the one and only consciousness - 'you are' when conscious and when you are not conscious of yourself you still are (in deep sleep you are non being).

When there is wakefulness (consciousness) what you experience is the body - all that is appearing is the body. You are not ever 'in a body' - the body is what is being known.
That which is presently appearing is the body of light (the light of consciousness). 'That' which sees and knows this which is appearing is what?? (you are 'that'!!)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tencap77
I personally will be celebrating Ostara. Like the good pagan I am. We celebrate it for much the same reason. The "World" is renewed. The light of life has returned. We should give thanks. But I'm looking forward to the after life that I believe waits for me.

I have just checked out 'Ostara' online and it points toward - light and dawn, renewal and rebirth. Each time you awake in the morning the light appears anew but the human condition is to remember what they no longer have - so they suffer from wanting other than the light.
You are both the light and the dark - the non beingness of deep sleep and the knowing you are being (when conscious/awake). You are not a person who can die - you are what the show of life appears upon. You are the screen of awareness and the light appears on you.

The light that is here now is forsaken in favour of what is hoped for later. The only true one is denied. The belief in an after life or before life makes one miss the comfort of life itself - which is always here and now.
edit on 20-4-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Well you and your surroundings could be better in a next life, so I like my paradigm better. Humanities eventual magical power evolution, magical planets and whatnot.

If occult history-archeology teaches us anything it's that Earth's human civilization hasn't even fully restored it's former glory. Many myths are proven based on reality.

Heaven never gets boring so look up, God knows how to throw a wild party. Sure things could get a lot worse but the potential for things getting better is way more biggerer than the potential for worseness. Humanity in it's current state on Earth is currently at a 1 on the betterness/worseness scale, worst it can get is a 0, the best it can get is infinity+1.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: On7a7higher7plane
Thought thinks of better and worse so makes believe there is other than what is.
There is only what is right here and right now - running away from or toward is why there is no comfort in this life.

After and before is discomfort - the belief that time can cure life is the human condition.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
If you research near death experiences, you will see how these people loved the afterlife so much they didn't want to return here.

If you research NDE's you realise that nobody actually died, and those who did have nothing to report.
You are either dead, or you are not.
Having dreams while dying proves nothing.

I have had dreams of which where I would rather be, so is this dreamland real?

And what bugs me is when people assume and give out facts of the afterlife like they know it's reality, how do they know this? They perhaps got this knowledge from a book, written by an author who makes assumptions on truth? Or a friend or somebody who talks factually of something of which they know nothing.

Nobody knows, stop pretending to know.

So, there is your most likely answer OP, chances are you are going to die and that's it. of what purpose would an afterlife serve?
NONE!
What purpose would belief in an afterlife serve?
To take the fear out of mortality.

So, there it is OP, you most likely won't realise how bored you are, just the way it was for the eternity before you were born.

But then again, what do I know?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join