It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no comfort in the after life.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Death is nothing to fear, it is just the next step of the self. Transformation of Body, for with death the body is transformed to a higher-vibration body for additional learning.

Love/Light.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jaytay

I you think of it logically there is not that much possibility.

1. eternal state of non being
2. eternal state of consciousness without a body floating around not able to do anything but think for eternity.
3. eternal state of consciousness+body ( party time forever )
4. eternal state of unity with the great one and only ...( new age stuff)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Konoyaro

I'd think it would be more contentable or what grammer words stuff makes more sense. Less limits = more better and satisfying in the moment stuff you know what I'm talking about?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Maybe all of these happen at the same "time"? But as a human nothing would make any sense unless it follows a chronological time line. I mean in reality we have created the illusion of time measure which relies on something that repeats itself quite consistently but far from being absolute but it's accurate enough for our senses. We view everything as being small separate processes when actually everything happens at the sametime in a giant butterfly effect kind of way.

I think this quote by Robert Pirsig seems suitable to this situation "The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of the mountain, or in the petals of a flower."
Note that you don't necessarily have to be buddhist or even human for that matter, to be a buddha, it's just their term for complete being.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well I hope I can adjust to it , I know what you are saying if I have to come back not by choice I will have to deal with it. Many People have been born and died some were Doctors and lawyers also many other people with extensive Educations and what I mean by that is going to school in this Life and taking in all this education that when you Pass it seems to waist to let all that education go, OR do we come back as Doctors and Lawyers ? I Myself am an Electrical Engineer many years and hours to get my Degree I don't want to throw it away (like I have a choice) But do you understand where I am coming from. People who were Great Surgeons and Doctors and Scientists that went through Enormous educations to be who they were , It would be a great idea to retain that education for the next life if you have to come back choice or no choice each time you come back in that same profession it would make you better each time through experience over and over. But I don't know about the After life so I just hope for the best for All and not just myself.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Konoyaro

I see what you are saying, maybe not at the same time but we know that before we were born we did not exist for an eternity. Perhaps the eternal non-existence before our birth is the first step. The words seem so illogical, "I did not exist for an eternity", yet it did happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My dear Councilman Trevize,

Have you forgotten Gaïa and her path towards the collective conciousness that encompasses all matter in the Galaxy? When you choose Galaxia, you became Galaxia and every sole in it, past, future and present.

Earth was a dead planet, remember?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

that's exactly why I am so horrified by a reincarnation of our soul in a new body, forgetting everything of past lives in the process. If I am not me, with my set of experiences (i.e: education, jobs etc..), memories of my old friendships, love stories, pain I have suffered, food I have eaten, mistakes I have made. Take one aspect of it out of the equation and it is no longer me. I am the accumulation of experiences up to the present moment, no longer who I was before I started this thread and not what I will be in the future, I am me right now, I want nothing to do with being one with a grand creator, or going up the planes of reality growing wings and whatnot, I just want to be me.
edit on 62014Saturdaypm430Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:09:03 -0500America/Chicagov09 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: D.Wolf

I was cheated by Daneel, I should have never chosen Galaxia over individuality!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What, you don't want to travel the universe once you are set free to do so; no-connection?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
Consciousness, consciousness without a body. For eternity. This would be the worst scenario to me.

If we hypothesize that consciousness w/o a body exists (which I believe), the fact that you were born (your consciousness born into a physical body) AT LEAST ONCE disproves the "eternity" theory.

"Eternity before your birth" -- you hopefully realize this is not correct, otherwise you would not be here now.
edit on 62014RuSaturdayAmerica/Chicago32PMSaturdaySaturday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

forgetting everything of past lives in the process. If I am not me, with my set of experiences (i.e: education, jobs etc..), memories of my old friendships, love stories, pain I have suffered, food I have eaten, mistakes I have made. Take one aspect of it out of the equation and it is no longer me. I am the accumulation of experiences up to the present moment, no longer who I was before I started this thread and not what I will be in the future, I am me right now

You are wrong. This would actually warrant a different thread since it's an interesting subject.

But I can give you JUST ONE example why your definition of "me" is not correct:

I often dream.

More often than not, when I dream, I lost ANY link to the "real" life, I am not aware that I life "in reality" in X, that my job is Y, that my wife is Z. It can happen I live a "parallel life" in a dream where I don't have any memory of those things, heck even where I might be younger/look different than I am right now. I have different friends, my life circumstances are entirely different.

And STILL, I have a very unique, particular feeling of "me" which is, AT A VERY ELEMENTAL LEVEL, not different to the "me" here in the physical world. The core of me (so to speak), is the same.
edit on 62014R000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago00PMSaturdaySaturday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

What if my consciousness was created the moment I was born?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I am not sure how much life experience you have, nor if you have been with someone who is dying. The only way you can gain perspective is to:

1. Believe we are here for a reason no matter the length of our stay.
2. We chose to live this life and accomplish something no matter how insignificant it may seem.
3. Spend time with someone with cancer or is at end of their life and see if they show you something magical.
4. Read different perspectives on the afterlife and see how many are similar.

I really hope there is something wonderful when this life is done because for me this one has been one ride that I would never choose to repeat. If there is nothing then I guess you will find out when your day to exit arrives. Myself I believe in something better is in store than nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Yes I have seen more then one person die of cancer, I have seen fear in their eyes, their body letting go, I have seen weakness. The smell of feces, sweat and blood in their hospital room, and the life drained out of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

This soundbite by Alan Watts is quite enlightening I think or at the very least a humorous take on death

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It depends on how you look at the afterlife what little we know about it. First, we know that when a lot of people have a near-death experience they come back and tells us that friends and relative that already had passed were there and even Fido. OK. And that equates a Heaven for many folks, pure and simple and they don't want to tinker with that concept one iota.

But since consciousness is a non-physical state, none of those physical seeming people and pets can be considered to by physical, merely the mental constructs of how they appeared when in the physical form. Second, this near-death scenario is played out before the person is fully dead. Some bits of those old memories are still existing in that partially vacated cerebellum. Third, that few seconds of a glimpse should not be taken as the full example of the hereafter. The experiencer has barely gotten their foot in the door and they try to later interpret the show shebang on that brief look?

Fourth, consciousness--in a broad quantum understanding of it--can produce effects. Perhaps the departing consciousness has nothing to work with but the knowledge of earlier departed ones and it builds for itself a place to go where it is all warm and fuzzy. Perhaps that state is an idealized version of a life that person wants to have with comforting companions. Perhaps that condition can last forever or perhaps the consciousness tends to start wandering around, looking into other things it can do, such as reincarnation, or being an angel, a bad ass poltergeist, etc. Given that consciousness must be a fluid "thing" that can depart from a physical body, there may be no limit to what consciousness is...and that is not to confine it within such physical words as "be," or "do." A consciousness simply is pure.., no limit.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It would have to be a collective projection, because I can think of a number of people/animals/places I sure as hell would not have "imagined" into being.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 19-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I wonder if my character in Skyrim demands there can be no greater life than the life he lives. Granted, he is pretty bad ass mind you...but still just my avatar.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join