It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. ground troops going to Poland, defense minister says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is all beginning to look eerily familiar.

Poland and the United States will announce next week the deployment of U.S. ground forces to Poland as part of an expansion of NATO presence in Central and Eastern Europe in response to events in Ukraine. That was the word from Poland's defense minister, Tomasz Siemoniak, who visited The Post Friday after meeting with Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel at the Pentagon on Thursday

m.washingtonpost.com...

The 46-year-old minister mused that until recently NATO was wondering what mission it would have, if any, once its troops came home from Afghanistan.

"Now we have an answer to that question," he said.

We all know that war is a huge business and we can't have a world free of a current threat that the Military Industrial Complex isn't cashing in on.

"To win a war you have to start one."

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

I am a little surprised that troops would be deployed, I expect the lion's share of our contribution to NATO is not boots on the ground.

“The idea until recently was that there were no more threats in Europe and no need for a U.S. presence in Europe any more,” Siemoniak said, speaking through an interpreter. “Events show that what is needed is a re-pivot, and that Europe was safe and secure because America was in Europe.”

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Idk if this is possible but im curious...without violating opsec....does anyone know which units are deployed...or going to be deployed...Call your friends and dig guys....depending on what unit is sent will give a little more insight. This is an interesting development.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

NATO should go on full alert at this point. The old Soviet block nations should be up and moving around, drills, call ups, exercises, ect. American and British activity in same.

Tactically speaking Russian activity near or in the Ukraine should be viewed as a feign to stage for wider measures.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

We all know that war is a huge business and we can't have a world free of a current threat that the Military Industrial Complex isn't cashing in on.

Dangerous business war is.

Like trying to burn off a little brush without setting the whole forest on fire. One time the Factories for war are going to clamor for more and thats going to set the whole world on fire.

Piss ants

PS: announcing that troops are going to be deployed means they are already there.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmicexplorer
Idk if this is possible but im curious...without violating opsec....does anyone know which units are deployed...or going to be deployed...Call your friends and dig guys....depending on what unit is sent will give a little more insight. This is an interesting development.

There is no such thing as OPSEC in the European theater. The place is a leaking sieve. Parenthetically everybody understands an old fashioned show of force.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is the standard ass-kissing procedure, as this Polish defence minister is another idiotic puppet for the Nato war machine.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Got to do something with all them troops pulling out of Afghanistan and make the phony war with Russia look more real else no one will buy Oil prices rising and me and my mates in Russia and Iran are all going to be out of pocket.

Exon , Bp , Shell are all in Russia as we speak drilling and pumping oil but wake me up if the pumps to these corporations are stopped because then I will know I am in the wrong about my oil price theory

"Events show that what is needed is a re-pivot, and that Europe was safe and secure because America was in Europe.”

Yes just think how much more "safe and secure" the people are in Libya are after the USA saved them ! Go home USA, Keep out of Europe

originally posted by: Logarock
NATO should go on full alert at this point. The old Soviet block nations should be up and moving around, drills, call ups, exercises, ect. American and British activity in same.

I would had thought 1984 would make you see past the spin, it's talk and war games but I hope you are not going to complain when you have to pay your part of the bill for these games, its not patriotic is it now.

edit on 19-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: Middle left toe got cramp in it

edit on 19-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown Canada was one of the first to send some transport planes and a few jets there .Canada was one of the first countries to send representatives to Ukraine to acknowledge the Nazi's coup. It could be some sort of a distraction ,but from what ,I have no idea

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Can't say that I've heard anything yet...

I did however come across this:
Stripes

A small contingent of U.S. soldiers will deploy to Poland and Estonia for a series of upcoming ground exercises aimed at reassuring allies shaken by Russian intervention in neighboring Ukraine, according to a report.The U.S. is planning to send a company sized Army element of roughly 150 troops to conduct drills with allies, spanning roughly two weeks respectively in both Poland and Ukraine, The New York Times reported Friday.

"Company sized" element only to conduct drills? Doesnt sound very reassuring to me.
edit on 19-4-2014 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

ya id wager anything smaller than a brigade is worthless...good find

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

There is no such thing as OPSEC in the European theater. The place is a leaking sieve. Parenthetically everybody understands an old fashioned show of force.

basically I just didnt want anyone to get in trouble.....or put anyone at risk...but alot of this stuff is public info...

In fact one time...a family member heard we had a change in our threat level before the unit did!!!! they told us to not talk about it but apparently someone told the press anyway! Haha

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I would had thought 1984 would make you see past the spin, it's talk and war games but I hope you are not going to complain when you have to pay your part of the bill for these games, its not patriotic is it now.

Well really you sound like just an old war for oil song and dance spinner. And yea posturing cost money. Better money than Europe in flames stinking of dead bodies.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

basically I just didnt want anyone to get in trouble.....or put anyone at risk...but alot of this stuff is public info...

In fact one time...a family member heard we had a change in our threat level before the unit did!!!! they told us to not talk about it but apparently someone told the press anyway! Haha

Just saying that there are eyes and ears everywhere in Europe. (Its worse than that really as the Russians will know whose landing where before they hit the ground). Any sort of plans may be secure but units can hardly move without everybody, Russians, knowing about it.

I knew a guy that graduated from Army Intel school. He was sent to Germany near the old wall. He was shocked to find out that some group in Europe published a yearly book for spies apparently, that contained the names, photos, all personal information, high school graduated from, town grew up in ect of all the US Army intel school graduates. That may be hard to believe but true.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The same NATO that has ruined Afghanistan and Libya. So for those NATO Supporters why dont brush upon on the history of it. Its NATO thats expanding into Europe not Russia.
edit on 19-4-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Just saying that there are eyes and ears everywhere in Europe. (Its worse than that really as the Russians will know whose landing where before they hit the ground). Any sort of plans may be secure but units can hardly move without everybody, Russians, knowing about it.

I knew a guy that graduated from Army Intel school. He was sent to Germany near the old wall. He was shocked to find out that some group in Europe published a yearly book for spies apparently, that contained the names, photos, all personal information, high school graduated from, town grew up in ect of all the US Army intel school graduates. That may be hard to believe but true.

The one thing we learned from Russias conflct in Georgia is they have terrible intelligence on the ground and what little they do they have no way of getting it to units fast enough to make any difference. Also what would be the point of making a book of people of US Army Intel school grads? They are not covert agents they are analysts, COMINT, ELINT kind of guys. And if you want to know who they are you pick up a gradution booklet at every class.

As for troops for Russia, they will most likely be small in number and rotate out on regular basis. It will basicly be a on going training exercise like they do in Kuwait and some other places. That way have lots units who learn the lay of the land, how the Poles operate and get some traing specific to dealing with a Russian invasion. It is the smart and cleap way of doing it.

edit on 19-4-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So it's ok for Russia to up its patrols just about every where across the east of Europe, but when NATO counters Russia's moves to erasure worried NATO members it is not ok?

It's like everybody is ignoring NATOs calls for deescalation from Russia for The past few months before ordering a handful more units in the region

NATO doesn't have anywhere near the 40,000 troops and military hardware built up along its boarders as Russia does and that is just on the Ukrainian boarders let alone the rest of the Europe

Laughable for Russia to even question the "counter move"
edit on 19-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever

"To win a war you have to start one."

There is no profit in nuclear war, I think we can all agree on this right?... which should tell you immediately that you're wrong to assume the US sending troops to Poland and NATO as a defensive deterrent to Russia's recent aggression in Ukraine is an offensive, and nuclear war causing money spinning act? What?

Doesn't make a blind bit of sense

Anders Fogh Rasmussen: We have… we have now taken steps, military steps that we think at this stage are necessary to ensure effective collective defence and deterrence.. But having said that, we do hope that the Geneva talks will pave the way for a peaceful and political solution to the crisis.

edit on 19-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Partly I put the stance Canada has taken to the megalomania of the prime minister harper....as well as the very likely chance that Harper is acting under orders to play the heavy because Obama cant really do it as it could escalate quickly if America gets too bellicose.
Thus Harper gets the role and it suits his own election purposes of covering up his scandal ridden administration and diverting attention of the electorate....
Hes playing on the Patriotism card heavily here.....
I should perhaps add that Patriot missile batteries are the usual pacifiers the US sends first...perhaps the Poles want to see some anti missile missiles in their backyard......

edit on 19-4-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well really you sound like just an old war for oil song and dance spinner. And yea posturing cost money. Better money than Europe in flames stinking of dead bodies.

Or the USA stinking of dead bodies come to that but you seem to wrap me

"posturing cost money" yes our money, like in 1984 and I am saying we are not going to war and we should not play along with this posturing unless we want oil prices up at the pumps and to pay more taxes to finance the military.

Not sure what you are saying, do you know what you are saying

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join