It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien gods?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Think about it. It seems perfectly fine. The hyrogliphics of the egyptians seem to portray the gods as similar in some ways, but different in others. The greys maybe? Or why were the Roman gods named after planets? planets of origin maybe? what do you think?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm sure that our history is intertwined with alien visitors and I'm sure these are what ancient civilizations referred to as gods and angels. But the planets were named after the gods, not the other way around. Romans were not aware of astronomy as we are, they had no knowledge of the planets.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
... The Greeks knew. The Library at Alexandria must have had records, until it was burned.

... And before that, the Babylonians knew.

... Maybe we're not as far ahead of prior cultures than most people would like to think, eh?

... Maybe they knew more than we give them credit for?

... We may never know.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg

... Maybe we're not as far ahead of prior cultures than most people would like to think, eh?

... We may never know.

I generally agree, I think ancient cultures may have actually been more advanced than us, in many regards, perhaps even technologically.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I dont know, I can see where you are coming from, still though, if there was once alien intervention into the human civilasion, dont you think that they would have once again made contact with us ?

Odd

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Roman gods weren't named after planets... planets were named after them

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I would like to fit with the theory supported by the author of the Magic of Recluse Series. That a race of Man were space travelers, that there was an intergalatic war...something happened and they were stranded not only in space but also in time to a world which enhanced natural psychic abilities of Order & Chaos. Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Everyone where teached from the angels and gods(people) that came from the heaven(sky) everyone gave them different names everyone wrote about it (carvings, scripture) there are still “cavemen” today that believes they will return someday, The problem is people who wont accept the truth wont even try to look deeper “they joust use their shield and say/think: I know the truth.”. Planet earth is joust a place like any other place/planet. It’s like it is impossible for your neighborhood to come over to you because he is at another place than you are! He can’t even help you with something you don’t understand but he does! Because you don’t want him to understand you already know that you “understand”.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Heiroglyphics are dipictions of actions/language as symbols. I see very little evidence for any alien interaction. You'd think there would be obvious signs of this, like a writting somewhere in the confines of the pyramids or any other Ancient Egyptian structure clearly stating that they were visited by out of this world visitors.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

... The Greeks knew. The Library at Alexandria must have had records, until it was burned.

The Greeks knew what? The "Library of Alexandria" was in Egypt, that is Africa. Not in Greece or Europe.

The EGYPTIANS KNEW.

And the contents of the Mysteries School of Egypt which is the true name of the foundation had its contents robbed way before it was burned down.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Everyone why not find out the truth once and for all a truth that is the truth, set up an ATS team and start moving. Wouldn’t that be great?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Heiroglyphics are dipictions of actions/language as symbols. I see very little evidence for any alien interaction. You'd think there would be obvious signs of this, like a writting somewhere in the confines of the pyramids or any other Ancient Egyptian structure clearly stating that they were visited by out of this world visitors.

the ancient chinese culture, which is one of the oldest, says that their "leaders" were not from planet earth, but "Sons from Heaven". i found this statement while googling for some info about the mysterious "dropa" people, but i have no real knowledge about ancient china and right now i have no time to look for more info..perhaps someone could verify this.

5000 years or even more - that's a very long time. A time, when China was reigned by the so-called old emperors. The old Emperors continuously pointed out that they were not descended from terrestrial ancestry. But they were descended from the so called "Sons from Heaven", who came down to earth a long time ago on their metal-made Dragon from outer space. Yes, from outer space, as the old Chinese tradition point out!

another interesting statement is, regarding the opening of the chinese pyramids :

"That's a job for future generations."

www.20kweb.com...

or just google for "dropa people". you will find the same info on a lot of different sites.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartan433
Think about it. It seems perfectly fine. The hyrogliphics of the egyptians seem to portray the gods as similar in some ways, but different in others. The greys maybe? Or why were the Roman gods named after planets? planets of origin maybe? what do you think?

I think you're confusing a lot of things! The hieroglyphics don't show the gods as anything... that's just writing. And there's just one of any kind of god (only one with a cat head and so on.)

And the planets were named after Roman gods.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hannah

Originally posted by Frosty

the ancient chinese culture, which is one of the oldest, says that their "leaders" were not from planet earth, but "Sons from Heaven". i found this statement while googling for some info about the mysterious "dropa" people, but i have no real knowledge about ancient china and right now i have no time to look for more info..perhaps someone could verify this.

5000 years or even more - that's a very long time. A time, when China was reigned by the so-called old emperors. The old Emperors continuously pointed out that they were not descended from terrestrial ancestry. But they were descended from the so called "Sons from Heaven", who came down to earth a long time ago on their metal-made Dragon from outer space. Yes, from outer space, as the old Chinese tradition point out!

another interesting statement is, regarding the opening of the chinese pyramids :

"That's a job for future generations."

www.20kweb.com...

or just google for "dropa people". you will find the same info on a lot of different sites.

Yes, the English believed in devine right as well. "Strange ladies laying in ponds and handing out swords is no basis for a government." -MP

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

... And before that, the Babylonians knew.

... We may never know.

Maybe they were more advanced than we are now. I think if we look at every major culture on Earth in the timeframe from about 10000 BC until 5000 BC, we find that they all have one thing in common; they all built pyramids. And not just any pyramids mind you, HUGE ONES!!

To me, that many cultures, scattered that far apart around the world coming up with something so similar is just unfathomable. I don't see how each could come to the conclusion to build such similar structures without either intercontinental communication or some other means of communication with someone else. Granted, the designs varied some, but they all had the same general appearance, and they all were used for religious purposes, as well as burial places.

Another thing, each pyramid structure is aligned to a star in the night sky. I actually think that the pyramids may have been a way for the ancient peoples to leave a marker telling us either where they came from or where they went so that we could either learn from them or follow. These are just some of my thoughts though.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by TheBorg]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Read Genesis (preferably the Hewbrew version). It's teeming with aliens, it's undeniable.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's certainly possible. I think TV programs such as Stargate are certainly on the right track about how it could've been.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
(...)
Maybe they were more advanced than we are now. I think if we look at every major culture on Earth in the timeframe from about 10000 BC until 5000 BC, we find that they all have one thing in common; they all built pyramids. And not just any pyramids mind you, HUGE ONES!!

To me, that many cultures, scattered that far apart around the world coming up with something so similar is just unfathomable. I don't see how each could come to the conclusion to build such similar structures without either intercontinental communication or some other means of communication with someone else. Granted, the designs varied some, but they all had the same general appearance, and they all were used for religious purposes, as well as burial places.

Another thing, each pyramid structure is aligned to a star in the night sky. I actually think that the pyramids may have been a way for the ancient peoples to leave a marker telling us either where they came from or where they went so that we could either learn from them or follow. These are just some of my thoughts though.
(...)

I agree to some degree with what you say, but there are a few things to keep in mind though...

1. Pyramids were at that time the only way to build a tall building which would hold, and not crack and fall. It is then maybe less improbable that they all decided to build pyramids!
2. It is not that certain that there were no intercontinental connections... I can't find it now, but I remember having read something here on ATS about some interesting findings: tobacco was found in some sarcophage (sp?) and/or different other sepultures in Egypt. There was no tobacco in Egypt, but there was in South America.
3. It is true now that most pyramids are related to some star or constellation, but you seem to forget that they were not pointing to the same stars then: the earth somewhat wobbles around the sun with time (the precession), and by then, those pyramids were pointing to another area of the sky (even if I can admit that it was not very far from the current position...).

There is some mystery around the pyramids and their construction (mayan, egyptian,...) but I think sometimes we look for the answers to our questions in the wrong place. Before trying to answer those questions, I think we should focus on the question itself beforehand.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that the god of the roman under world Pluto (Hades) could of had the reasourses on Pluto to travel from there to here. What could thhey make their craft out of?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartan433

sorry about the roman gods suggestion... i didn't know that. I'm only 14. Thats why i joined ATS to learn the truth so i don't become a pawn of the government. Any way i have seen hyrogliphs that clearly show a person (maybe a god) with slightly slender fingers/arms/eyes been taken away by a spaceship or gone through a stargate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join