It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tag members in posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
ATS,

Thoughts on implementing some sort of feature allowing members to tag other members in a post? I see the new "reply to" text that was added, which brings up the idea of being able to tag members individually.

For example, I see a thread that I know member X will enjoy or might add expertise to...I would reply with my standard post and tag @memberX to notify him or her they were tagged. The member then has a notifications tab (sim to how messages pop up) listing what threads they were tagged in.

This would also aid in replies. "I completely agree @memberX however @ATSmember, not sure I follow"

The option would be toggled on and off so members such as @phage dont receive 43 notifications an hr about cosmic rays.

All in all, I think it can actually stir up further conversation as members will be a bit more engaged.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sounds like FB to me.

I'm still not over that stupid social media bar on every first page.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Tagging was one of the features i absolutely hated in facebook.. i like to go and do and reply where i please i would hate if i would be "forced" to join in conversation or other without me picking up the conversation i really like to join.

Time is limited..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krystian

That would turn this into one big kiss #ss popularity contest.

edit on 18-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join