It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Edward Snowden" is not a hero. Come on ATS this is your air and water.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Snowden is a hypocrite.

He claims to extol free speech and openness, yet he chooses to live under the protection of Putin, who makes a mockery of free speech and is creating an opaque state with a controlled press. Snowden sits in Russia denouncing the US Government (and rightly so), but is dumb on any criticism of his hosts. If Snowden had any morals then he would denounce Russia and return to the US - regardless of the consequences.

Regards

Snowden is in Russia because every country that supposedly represents freedom, would immediately arrest him and ship him to America for an (un)fair trial (if any trial happens) if he were to set foot in them.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Snowden is not a hero, or a traitor.

He WAS a useful idiot.

You can figure out to whom, what end and who benefited most in the end.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I think I'm with you on this, the more time that went by the more things became clearer.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hello, I'm new here

Right from the start I felt that Snowden was a planted distraction to what they're really up to . Who knows what they are hiding but it's much bigger than what Snowden revealed.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

The man is part of the greater plan. Controlled opposition to the loss of our liberties. Many will not see this simplest of the truths because they want to believe so bad he is doing the "right" thing.

I know I beat this into the ground but the progressive mindset is the root of all of this. It weakens the mind and soul and does not let you see simple truths anymore. If you want to see a real "hero" listen to what Mr. King had to say or Mr. Jefferson. These are real men of liberty and freedom.

In today's world up is down left is right. The only thing we can really do is not let the progressive crap into our homes and talk out against it in the education systems.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Snowden is a hero. He's exposed the NSA traitors to the people and the people are becoming outraged. We here on ATS and other places where people have open minds suspected and knew some of this. But he's confirmed it. I'd prefer not to live in Soviet era Russia or North Korea where the governments spy on the people daily. I don't want that kind of country.

Now we have changes to NSA, lawsuits, protests, petitions, foreign governments in talks with our government.

ATS, can't you see that despite Snowden's reasons or motivations, the end result is a better world and USA. That's what really matters in the end. The End result.

We need more Snowden's more Mannings, more whistleblowers and less government interference in our lives. I hope with the success of Snowden and the Fame off Greenwald that others will come forward and do the same thing and change this country and this world in even better ways.

I enjoy freedom. do you not?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I was wondering how more time I had to wait before any real attack on Snowden would start in this site.

I'm surprised it took so long.

3...2...1 - Begin character assassination procedure...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And what exactly did this man tell the world that we did not already know? PTB are smart that is why they hold the power. They want the sheep to put faith in men not ideas. Wrap your minds around that and really think about what it means.

PTB want us to get behind the man because when we do they will tear the man down and the idea will fall with it.
edit on 2-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

This is just a turf war between the CIA and the NSA.

"Eric Snowden" is a CIA spy. His cover was blown when he was spying on the NSA. The CIA hid him away in the their many offshore "black sites" to sheepdip him into a new persona.

He even admitted in an interview that he was a spy for the CIA. He got caught and fled and smeared the competing intel agency(nsa) in the process.

The NSA had gotten too advanced and the CIA slapped their hand by airing dirty laundry.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

Likewise, it is possible you have fallen for the "anti-sheep" team. It is very telling how many stars your post has received.

I know what you are saying, but this type of accusation can go on forever. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I personally haven't looked into any of it because the content of political processes bores me to tears, but the ways in which people are manipulated by those political processes is fascinating.

There just isn't very much value in accusing people of being deluded or crazy or stupid or biased, particularly here (where everyone is, according to mainstream society, all four of those in varying combination).

Focusing on the facts presented by an individual may be hard, particularly if there are not very many documented facts presented, but taking the focus off of the individuals is a much more effective way of debating.

Everyone is, in fact, a product of their social environment growing up and that means you are just as "deluded" as they are and I'm just as "deluded" as everyone else. It is the ways in which you are deluded that matter. I'm not trying to attack you as a person or any of the individuals who starred your post, I just find the accusation unhelpful.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
People like Julian Assange and Edward Snowden are just stirring the pot for no reason other than to watch the USA fall.Note:not the CIA,not the NSA,not the POTUS,the country.They hate it.

How was it surprising that when Wikileaks came out, people were shocked to see that they used diplomats as spies. Really,how naive can you be?

Now Snowden came out with the same idiocy,and everyone was oh so shocked to see that the USA spied on its citizens.
Shocking.

Sure,no other country does that,because USA is the center of the universe and the most evil thing in the world, and anybody who hates the USA is obviously a Hero of the Revo- i mean, an angel.

But the masses will always be masses,and no matter how hard you try to fight ignorance and make people grow a conscience,evil prevails all the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

History will see Snowden as a traitor to the people

By people, you must mean: those that have sold out to the NWO ...

The American people would NEVER allow domestic spying no matter what...period...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I am not an American and I don't play teams or sides.

I don't doubt that you aren't an American.

I am pro freedom pro truth and would like to do away with government eventually.

Being for or against anything is taking sides. Unless you meant the highly context specific democrat/republican "sides", in which case, forgive my extremely literal interpretation. Words are extremely interpretable.

If Snowden was a real whistle blower he would have done a data dump.

Did Snowden or did Snowden not expose the American Government's top secret "spy on all of our citizens" program? Regardless of whether or not it was "obvious" to anyone else, is that not what he did? I watched a two hour documentary on it suggesting he did that was made by Frontline, but I suppose that could all have been based on false information and actors on a green screen.

Has he even addressed the conflict of interest created by giving the rights to the documents to greenwald and that other skank?
Hanlon's Razor, while admittedly not a 100% foolproof system, suggests that you should not attribute to malice what can be adequately attributed to stupidity. There may have been outside factors to consider before he gave the rights up like, I don't know, being the most wanted person in America. If I was running from the American Government, I might not think through the ethical implications of my signing the rights of the data over that would have me locked up in prison for life. On the documentary he simply said his goal was to start up a conversation between the government and the people that the government didn't seem to want to have. That conversation, admittedly, can not happen because the American government is an idea that does not actually exist other than each of the representatives and workers who make it up, but it doesn't mean that the debate has not been started. I'm not going to say anything about the hindsight bias other than this sentence.

I am not trying to start an argument, as I can't be bothered to point out the obvious to those who don't want to see it.
Please point out the obvious, using as much explicit detail or sources as you can. Due to the fact that the documents proving that Snowden is a patsy or worse either don't exist or are deeply hidden away from the public eye, I will grant some leniency in regards to objectively "scientific" or "first-hand" sources. If you could also address the points I've made in this reply, that would be wonderful. I'd hate to think I was typing all of this for nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join