It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Edward Snowden" is not a hero. Come on ATS this is your air and water.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Everywhere I look, from ATS threads to youtube comment's - "Snowden is a hero" or "Snowden has opened this controversy to the masses".

How can everyone be so supportive of Snowden even with the glaring red flags that have been rasied by his behaviour and approach?

I have said all along, if he was a genuine leak we would actually have the information by now - but more than 90% of it is still being withheld, thanks overtly to  Pierre Omidyar and his Millions of dollars (quarter of a billion to be precise) , Alan Greenwald thought it fair and honorable to take the money and withhold the information, spouting some crap about it being an opportunity no journalist could refuse!

I think Snowden would have kicked up a stink about that little detail if he had been a genuine leak, rather than damage control.

And now Snowden is popping up everywhere on robot TV screens acting like the Messiah! He is seemingly the toatal opposite of previous whistleblowers , always knows what to say - given major coverage on the MSM .

And asks Putin about Russian data collection and spying , how that stinks of a pre-planned routine.

Just as every other interview Snowden appears In does.

History will see Snowden as a traitor to the people, and that would be a fair assumption.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

Yeah he lied about the info he had i have lirrle doubt because any damming evidence Russia would have so released it. He could never supply any proof of anything he said and were supposed to just go ok when we seen from his actions hes a little untrustworthy..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think you're all just falling for the 'Go team!' drone-like follower sheep mindset that has been sought to be implemented into the public since this happen, and which has apparently succeeded with the coup in Kiev, and the subsequent tension between said ultranationalist junta and the Russian people, which has thusforth incited tension between the west and Russia. I'm beginning to get somewhat of an idea of how a majority of Americans must have behaved during the Cold War when the CIA was erected. They probably thought it was a godsend.
But, oh, wait, Agent Orange and 20+ proxy ops since the end of WWII in other countries. Way to go! Go team! Any who oppose the government are traitors! Ya!

SMH

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If I was going to take the conspiracy angle on this one...

It would be as a Soft disclosure, a way to soften the full impact of whats being done, with pre-screened and targeted terminology.

The reasons more is not out there? Because, what snowden has been allowed to take (he could be a complete patsy with no knowledge of his place in the game) Was deemed acceptable to breach.

Things that Most assumed, things that had an infrastructure and back bone that where becoming hard to hide, companies where involved, and the threat of lawsuits and treason only went so far.

So You find someone, Say someone who had a history of complaining about the violations, or who had voiced discomfort.

You play him, you allow him to think he is being clever, you give him things that foreign intelligence either knows for a fact, or strongly suspect.

Just saying, since this is ATS and all.

ETA:

Just to be clear, I believe the above, far more than this conniving traitors what ever crap people try to pull, Patriotism is the first recourse of a charlatan trying to sell something.

I will say this, hes no hero, he just did what everyone who swore an oath to Protect the constitution should of,

So No hes not a hero, he just did what he swore to.

Much more than many who take their oaths do, say, in congress.

edit on 18-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
*sigh* Really?

Okay, so now he's not a hero and once again( numerous threads already) there's definitive evidence that he's traitor and lied about his findings, that were presented from the thumb drives...

Sharing this again,
Snowden didn't happen to "just call in". As it is reported that the question was pre recorded. Posting the other thread because it's shared on there www.abovetopsecret.com... by the OP. Putin trying to benefit himself, and in turn it will cause people to claim that is the evidence that Snowden is a complete psyop, as already noted.

edit on 18-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: added more

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Well, he is widely regarded as a hero here, and I hope he will be called and questioned by the NSA-investigation committee as a witness.

Being a conspiracy nut, I also suspect that there is more out there than Snowden gave us, or even knows about... but we owe him (and people like Brandon Bryant) a great deal of gratitude for bringing things to the attention of the general populace that previously were only conspiracy theories.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
it's project camelot for the big kids

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I am not an American and I don't play teams or sides.

I am pro freedom pro truth and would like to do away with government eventually.

If Snowden was a real whistle blower he would have done a data dump.

Has he even addressed the conflict of interest created by giving the rights to the documents to greenwald and that other skank?

And most people knew we were all being spied on, I assumed that way before the leaks before Snowden.

It's what they do.

I am not trying to start an argument, as I can't be bothered to point out the obvious to those who don't want to see it.

But really, a quarter of a Billion dollars - for rights to the documents.

If we the public raised the money and paid greenwald, do you think he would let us see them finally?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You ever stop to think that perhaps, Snowden, wants to remain alive, while speaking out?

A full dump,does not gives him black mail material to keep him alive.

Also, perhaps there is yet another angle, perhaps hes also not releasing things he would feel would TRULY endanger lives.

My point being, there are numerous reasons and valid explanations to his behavior beyond what you are presenting.
edit on 18-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

I understand your point,

but he did not bring it to the publics attention, the media did - and not a moment before they were ready too.

I would be the first man to stand up for a real wistleblower , someone who proved their sentiment with their actions.

And I am sorry but Snowden is not that person, it goes against everything a whistleblower stands up against, corruption and injustice.

How can you see him as a man of morals when he allows someone to make a fortune from the publics information, which they have a right to, and he hasn't even addressed it adequately.

Its too much for me.

The question we should ask, is why wouldn't the government or the intelligence agency's plant a controlled leak?

Before the next real one attracts too much attention.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Snowden is a hypocrite.

He claims to extol free speech and openness, yet he chooses to live under the protection of Putin, who makes a mockery of free speech and is creating an opaque state with a controlled press. Snowden sits in Russia denouncing the US Government (and rightly so), but is dumb on any criticism of his hosts. If Snowden had any morals then he would denounce Russia and return to the US - regardless of the consequences.

Regards

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
How can you see him as a man of morals when he allows someone to make a fortune from the publics information, which they have a right to, and he hasn't even addressed it adequately.

I understand your point aswell. I read about „The Intercept“ and the problems with the NSA-PayPal-cooperation.
The thing is, I don't think Snowden "allowed" this to happen. I don't think he had any word in it, and I don't think it would be wise for him to start a quarrel with the holders of his life insurance.

The question we should ask, is why wouldn't the government or the intelligence agency's plant a controlled leak?

My question is, why would the US Government risk foreign relations with their allies, including the transatlantic trade and investment partnership?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Snowden sits in Russia denouncing the US Government (and rightly so), but is dumb on any criticism of his hosts.

It's not like he could go anywhere else, except MAYBE come to Germany soon.

originally posted by: paraphi
If Snowden had any morals then he would denounce Russia and return to the US - regardless of the consequences.

How is suicide more moral?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I think for the most part that the jury is still out on Edward Snowden!
However, his ties with Russia are making him less and less genuine in my
honest opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Anyone remember Julian Assange? Heh, well Snowden might as well be his cousin.

Neither told us anything we didn't already know.
They are just talking heads, serving a purpose that many are unwilling to see.

People want to simplify things, but to do this it means you also have to play along with the narrative the MSM provides you. Once you exercise critical thought, one realizes that all of this is nothing more than theatre. And it has been working like a charm on stupid people & smart people alike.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Everywhere I look, from ATS threads to youtube comment's - "Snowden is a hero" or "Snowden has opened this controversy to the masses".

How can everyone be so supportive of Snowden even with the glaring red flags that have been rasied by his behaviour and approach?

I have said all along, if he was a genuine leak we would actually have the information by now - but more than 90% of it is still being withheld, thanks overtly to  Pierre Omidyar and his Millions of dollars (quarter of a billion to be precise) , Alan Greenwald thought it fair and honorable to take the money and withhold the information, spouting some crap about it being an opportunity no journalist could refuse!

I think Snowden would have kicked up a stink about that little detail if he had been a genuine leak, rather than damage control.

And now Snowden is popping up everywhere on robot TV screens acting like the Messiah! He is seemingly the toatal opposite of previous whistleblowers , always knows what to say - given major coverage on the MSM .

And asks Putin about Russian data collection and spying , how that stinks of a pre-planned routine.

Just as every other interview Snowden appears In does.

History will see Snowden as a traitor to the people, and that would be a fair assumption.

Life in the commercial zone is nothing but a play. In the end, the actor perishes at the final disclosure of his outlet, whether song, movie, or even the truth. Snowden brought up to the world masses that all govt. spy on each other and all govt. spy on its own people. Nothing new about that. That is why in Asia we have have neighborhood gatherings on events to control the people and assign them duties for the best of the neighborhood. As an outsider, I say BS, it is only to let the governerning parties in town to know what is personally going on with your personal life. More to this, but if you live in Asian countries you know what I'm talking about, and now Americhinajapruss has caught on in the sense of "we want you to be secure" but from who.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yes you are right hes no hero. The real heros are the NSA and all the other spy services that listen to every one and keep us safe. They stoop to any level just to protect us even if it means spying on our allies and friends. Yes they are the real heros.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Panopticons work better if you know you live in one. People change their
behavior, govern themselves differently when they know they are being watched.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He appeared in Vladimir Putin's yearly staged Q&A TV show as a guest questioner.

When you're being used by an ex-KGB agent now turned dictator in such a way, I don't think your "I'm doing this for freedom and free speech" credentials are worth anything anymore.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Controlled rebellion comes to mind in a way,

Whether that is the case or not is disputable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join