It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: violet
The exact same photo, cropped was taken in march over Texas skies
Link

Look carefully. It's the same photo, different stories and locations.

There is a definite difference in color scale here but those two pictures are one of the same.

wow...you just busted someone...nice going....seems like the public is being fed crap....again.....you would think that by now in 2014, they would know to change the image up a wee bit.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

There were two different types of planes flying over Amarillo.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: violet

Read the article carefully. David was referencing the March sighting over TX as an intro to the Feb sighting in KS.

originally posted by: ashtonhz8907
a reply to: Sammamishman Thanks for pointing this out. Said article is about KS click embedded links in first paragraph for photos of the TX sighting.
Don't know their method but this enhancement (sorry not sure how to upload pics from my mobile) looks nothing like a B2.
sploid.gizmodo.com...

Article is speculating the aircraft are the same but both articles are clear the original image is from KS. Reading a source yourself is important.
edit on 4/18/2014 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ashtonhz8907

I get that, but in case there was any doubt by those who don't read can now see there are artifacts in the same places on both images.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Because they're the same image. They're both from Kansas. The image from Texas is completely different. It also shows a different aircraft.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Think it might just be confusing people lol. To clear some confusion for others the image in the OP was never claimed to be an image taken in TX it has been speculated to be the same plane as one taken in TX (this picture is of horizontal flight but again I don't know how to upload from my mobile for others to see the TX image.)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Here's a side by side image I made of the KS (left) and TX (right) aircraft.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's probably just me...but I'm starting to think that many new aircraft are starting to be in the same class as the cars of the '80's looks wise. (remember those boxy things? They all looked alike for the most part)

Back in the day, you could look up at a aircraft and say, "Oh look, a F-16!" (or P-51, or MIG, Dassualt, etc, etc)

Now we look up and say, "Look! A Triangle!"

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

There are only so many ways to build different planes to do the same mission. A prime example is the B-1 and the Tu-60. Everyone says they're copies of each other, but the reality is they do the same mission, so they're going to look similar.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Mr. Northrop sure knew what he was doing back in the 40's. The flying wing (triagle) is one of the best shapes for stealth, efficiency and lift.

link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Thanks, I don't think they are the same but for some reason all the articles I have read seem to assume so. Clearly different planes IMO and from reports the TX aircraft was being piloted where I think this KS aircraft is a RQ-180.
edit on 4/18/2014 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: LeviWardrobe

Let me help you:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

They've also found that the triangle center fuselage, with different wing shapes is the most efficient shape for stealth, ease of blending, speed, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

They're not the same. Texas has a slight curve to the leading edge where the wings join the center fuselage.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Tried to clean up the image a bit.. does look like a X project... (black)... Very interesting....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

Not an X, as it's operational. X projects are only experimental.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Probably one of these...

But without the foam cladding and plastic shrinkwrap covering it. (Obviously) If I had to guess, I'd say it's R&D for further development for the drone the Navy wants. They did carrier quals and stuff not too long ago with some prototype drones, but I'd guess there's still some bugs and other stuff to work out before going into production and putting contracts in writing.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Pharyax

Not an X, as it's operational. X projects are only experimental.

Ah, quite right! Very interesting though! As you said, if they are flying in broad daylight, it will be declassified soon, right?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

No, it's definitely not related to the X-47B. It's a completely different platform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join