It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Houbolt -- who won the argument that enabled Apollo -- has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
John died yesterday at 95 after long succumbing to Alzheimer's. But when his brain worked, it REALLY worked, and found the best way to the moon.

www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Strange, I keep hearing that doing puzzles helps ward off Alzheimer's. I guess we can throw that wive's tale out the door!

Thanks for reminding of the great mind that just quietly disappeared. RIP

edit on 17-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Jim,

where does living in the past, denying or believing in now, and the two mix to create an alternate future?

What Houbolt did is exactly that, when will we see it again, what will be the next step and who will force us to do it?

Almost sounds like a fantasy but it is even more incredible that people like this are real, truly inspiring. Thanks bro.

Bman-

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Can you post more about his life and accomplishments, and some of your personal memories and experiences with him. Thanks, and condolences on your and the space program's loss.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A great lesson there. To quote Dr. Houbolt's biographer James R. Hansen: "Those who believe passionately in their ideas must not quit, even in the face of the strongest opposition, or pressures for conformity."
Our successful voyages to the Moon are a monument to Dr. Houbalt's courage.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Strange, I keep hearing that doing puzzles helps ward off Alzheimer's. I guess we can throw that wive's tale out the door!

Thanks for reminding of the great mind that just quietly disappeared. RIP

Perhaps the Alzheimers would have manifested itself earlier than it did if he were not a "problem solver" type of guy.

Jim: Thanks for the news.

new topics

top topics

join