It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but no.
wal-mart offers an employee stock option, capable of making additional money for the employees a couple of my cousins used rather effectivly. If Others do not avail themselves of this option, it's on them...

a reply to: links234

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
How many of these workers aren't even full time? I'm guessing they included anyone who worked at Wal-Mart, even if less than 40 hours a week. Are people working 32 hours a week supposed to make $30k now? With paid vacations and gold benefits package?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Duh...so give Walmart the bill for all this and it'll all come out in the wash. It's called paying corporate TAXES. And the fact that they are not only paying a lower tax rate because of all the jobs they provide [cough hack cough] but then doubledip back to rely on a tax base they contribute so slimly to is appalling.

I'm very sorry that Walmart, the man with two families who don't know about each other, is having trouble keeping both its families (its real and first family in the US and its second opportunistic and currently shinier family in China) solvent and cared for.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Anyone making under 15 dollars an hour is screwed in the next few years because of inflation. You will not be able to feed and house yourself without help.

Average car cost=30,000........Average home cost 200,000......Average salary.......40,000. You do the math this is why they offer 10 year car loans and push leases. Look at you grocery bill and see this simple fact. When this tipping point is reached no amount of aid or bailing out will fix it. The system is going to crash.

This is planned.......The people will beg and plead for change..........Hitler,Stalin,Mao this is how men like this gain and keep power.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
How many of these workers aren't even full time? I'm guessing they included anyone who worked at Wal-Mart, even if less than 40 hours a week. Are people working 32 hours a week supposed to make $30k now? With paid vacations and gold benefits package?

And every customer purchase validates the wages paid to Walmart employees.

Source
Walmart is the 23rd largest economy in the world.
This year everyone in the world will make an average 1.1 purchases at a walmart.
Each week nearly one third of the US population visits a walmart.

Thats some serious validation. I don't see anyone willing to or even cares about the wages paid by Walmart. Stop buying and they will be more than happy to raise wages.

Until then this argument is getting tired.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join