It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS looks much better

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wait, wait. Is this new reply thing a test too? Because I'm liking it. No more opening new windows in order to reply! That, and the bg graphics are pretty sweet too. More pleasing to the eye than the, erm, 50 shades of black.

link   
Ok the scroll is nice however if you try to upload and image and hit the back button, it takes you right out of your reply. And preview takes me to a blank page and when i hit back it takes me to the recent forums right out of reply, have to type all over again. No likey. Oh if you hit edit it takes you to the old way and the preview looks horrible. A few bugs to go i guess. I was shocked to see the new wallpaper but now it is back to dark with 'something new on the way'?
edit on 4/17/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nope it wasn't that one, I'm sure of it. It had something to do with politics.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago417uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

The plan is for the changes to be permanent.

link   
The reply thing is nice, but the shrinking is disturbing on my screen and takes any will to post or check anything - I better stay away for a while

I don't need a background at all.
Being able to pick a design somewhere, no matter if quite hidden, would be nice, if the site is gonna stay like this.

Post preview is broken for now.
edit on 17-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

wow, I had to reply to you to try that...I like it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

The only sloth was for TLDR. The only political change made recently was for the mud pit.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: [post=17810297]

See I can't actually see what it is? It's just a load of multicoloured mess on my screen, can make out an O but it's all just colour and patterns.

I think the chaos on either side of the centered Scroll column of replies...

is representing the right brain - left brain neurological activity (noise)... with a highly stylized 'Power Fist' below the letters 'OTG--- letters which have no meaning to me

when SLAYER69 [in the OP) says 'better' slayer must mean 'More Gawdy'...
because to me, the layout is Noisy/ Gawdy/Chaotic and is not particularly conducive to thinking
But deep thought is not the object is it... we are to be spontaneous & reactionary, impulsive like a twitter-critter
edit on th30139776922817132014 by St Udio because: tags

edit on th30139776952417182014 by St Udio because: clean up vocab

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OMG, if you see a post that has been replied to somone, press the name of that poster within that post. Cool, it pops out and shows you the original post. Gotta say that's pretty damn awesome.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

wow, I had to reply to you to try that...I like it.

I KNOW RIGHT?! I'm psyched because I just replied to someone, and I clicked their name to see what it would do - and their post, the one I had just responded to, popped up as a miniwindow overlaying the thread! Just a nifty little trick and so convenient and ZOMGAWESOMEPANDA!

As you can tell, I'm just a little bit pleased by the changes.

ETA: Dude...look at my post. Where it used to say "reply to (insert member name here)". Holy crapola. This is so cool!
edit on 17-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The screen is WAY too squished.. Is this meant for cellphones or something? I can barely read anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
OMG, if you see a post that has been replied to somone, press the name of that poster within that post. Cool, it pops out and shows you the original post. Gotta say that's pretty damn awesome.

Yea dude that is pretty cool, I do alot more reading than i do posting and I at times get the replies confused and have to go back. That is a very cool feature there. I'm digging it so far.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey,

Just a bit of honest feedback on the changes. I find the the background outside the content area, red, green, yellow etc to be really distracting. It pulls my focus away from the content/posts and makes it more difficult to read.

The smaller font and narrower content area I can deal with by zooming my browser I suppose.

We (I) was perhaps too aggressive in planning for a wide page and screen size for the totality of our audience, and the larger than expected number of legacy browsers/systems still hitting ATS… which has actually been increasing over the past few months.

Any reason to not use a percentage for the content area with a max-width? Maybe some @media queries to smooth things out for the newer browsers?

link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

If the usable/seeable page gets any smaller, your massive stats won't fit.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The plan is for the changes to be permanent.

You guys are amazing. AMAZING, I tells ya! Wait a sec...are these changes effective on the mobile version as well?
edit on 17-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was replying, pressed preview which sent me to a blank page and lost my reply lol..

I like the reply scrolling a LOT !

OTO?

I like the new clean look. Will have to try in on my cell and see how it looks..

Me likes.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well don't get to excited! lol

That is very cool though!

Trying a reply to a reply to a post to see..
what it does!

To bad edit doesn't do that...
edit on 17-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: testing edit

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

The new functionality of the reply function is tremendous. Best improvement ever made on ATS.

The color and font not so much. The white background is way too bright. The grey background with the white font really strains my eyes. The view when you aren't signed in barely viewable it is so light. I won't go in to the whole log in issue, but if you could allow users to log in within a thread it would be extremely beneficial.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes, they were made on the mobile side as well.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

I figure I must be becoming my own galaxy.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join