It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian novelist and Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dead at 87

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
One of the few people in the world who actually deserved the Nobel Prize (and the author of my favorite book, “One Hundred Years of Solitude”), Gabriel Garcia Marquez, has died today of an unknown cause. A bit strange considering a few recent death hoaxes...

Gabriel Garcia Marquez, a Nobel Prize-winning author, journalist, and screenwriter, died Thursday at age 87, according to a report citing a source close to Marquez’s family.
An Associated Press report did not include the cause of death, although Marquez’s family has said in recent days that the author’s health has been “very fragile.”
Born in Colombia, Marquez had been recuperating at his Mexico City home after he was hospitalized for nine days due to infections in his lungs and urinary tract.
“He is and will continue to recover at his home,” his family said in a statement earlier this week, adding that at 87-years-old “there are risk of complications.”
MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

Source
edit on 4-17-2014 by AnarchistoOfTheNorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchistoOfTheNorth

Gabriel Garcia Marquez... wow, that's sad. 100 years of solitude was one of the most incredible reads, not to mention love in the time of cholera and even his short stories were impressive, his collection strange pilgrims, chronicle of a death foretold. And to think that he started in journalism.

There is a reason his novel won the nobel prize, its incredible. one of the only books i've ever bought and tried to re-read in it's native language because thats how good it was.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
May he rest in peace...he was a great writer......Love in the times of cholera was the work of a genius.

He was very wise and I think we should all listen to what he had to say:

"“There is always tomorrow, and life gives us another opportunity to do things right, but in case I am wrong, and today is all that is left to me, I would tell you how much I love you and that I will never forget you,” he wrote. “Tomorrow is never guaranteed to anyone, young or old. Today could be the last time to see your loved ones, which is why you musn’t wait; do it today, in case tomorrow never arrives. I am sure you will be sorry you wasted the opportunity today to give a smile, a hug, a kiss, and that you were too busy to grant them their last wish.”

May you rest in peace, brother......que descanses en paz, hermano.

new topics

join