It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$30 Billion Oil Pipeline to Be Built from Russia to India through Northwest China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Talks on the construction of the Russia to India oil pipeline project should conclude by mid-2014, officials from ONGC said.

One of the project’s options is the construction of a pipeline from the Altai region through the north-west of China to the north of India.Russia and India have agreed to establish a joint group to study the possibility of direct ground transportation of hydrocarbons

The project’s preliminary cost would be $30 billion and the completion of construction is planned for 2020-2022.

$30 Billion Oil Pipeline to Be Built from Russia to India through Northwest China

So Much for Sanctions , looks like the look east policy of Russia is working quiet well . This would not only reduce the dependency of energy supplies on Middle east . But aso as Russia mentioned Earlier , India has said it is ready to do payments for oil and Gas in EURO's instead of the dollars .

Interesting times ahead ...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

This is an interesting development with the potential of throwing the balance of power into a whole new dimension.

And trading in euros adds an economic component that must have the speculators ****** bricks. Time to reevaluate the DOW/NASDAQ

Strange days....

edit on 17-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

A strange twist in this ,is that Russia agreed with Iran to except their (Iran's) oil for payment for arms and other technologies .Russia doesn't need anyone elses oil but it allows Iran to side step the sanctions .I could see Russia just sending the tankers of oil to whoever wanted it .I think that the neo-cons in Washington have seen the writing on the wall when it comes to the USD ...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

And do you think the Fed Reserve , MIC, etc. will allow all their hardwork of global domination to go without a fight? This could be bad.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Skorpy

And do you think the Fed Reserve , MIC, etc. will allow all their hardwork of global domination to go without a fight? This could be bad.

Now how do you bring Freedom and Democracy to the worlds largest Democracy....The Dilema..

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Skorpy

The Fed Reserve is backed by the same guys backing the BRIC alliance, there is no way they will be involved in a fight. But, they will certainly start the fighting off, ah well relative peace could soon come to an end.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Russia, China, Iran defeat U.S. in the “pipeline wars”

edit on 4/17/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Please explain how you connect the comment so much for sanctions with a joint plan that is in the preliminary study phase?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Is this in any competition with the Afghani pipeline by chance?
Though I believe its a natural gas line.....its going to Pakistan and india too......

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Watch this vid and read the lyrics.............KGB says it's Putin's favorite.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Please explain how you connect the comment so much for sanctions with a joint plan that is in the preliminary study phase?

Nobody really cares about the Sanctions is my point , the fact talks are going on with China and India on securing new energy Supplies with the country west wants to Sanction basically proves that Sanctions are not working, even remotely...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It takes a few years to build a pipeline. This is just a commercial arrangement to push gas to a growing India et al. The Russian economy is highly dependent on gas, so this is just another development.

By the time this pipeline is built, I expect the EU to have weaned themselves off Russian gas.

Regards

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
In all honesty, I think we have pumped too much oil from the Earth. I also thought we were moving onto other means of Fuel etc etc... I mean we may soon have flying cars which run on Electrical grids and Energy! In fact, I saw a photo of this new form of transport being deployed somewhere in Dubai!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
India and Russia have been co-operating openly since the fall of the Soviet Union. Russia and India both see the rise of China as a competitor for resources. To combat this, they have teamed up on many expensive military and infrastructure projects. As example is the Russian/Indian development of the Pak-FA 5th Generation fighter designed by Sukhoi and to be built in India.

This pipeline has been part of that cooperation and has been in the works for a long time.

China for it's part is aggressively pursuing partnerships with many African nations to try and monopolize resource development and control those resources.

Asia has three giant economies that are competing for the resources to fuel their growth in the 21st Century.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Announcements, Ambitions and Aspirations are good. Would like to see it actually being built and completed on TIME given the beurocracy and corruption on both sides (hint: follow up on the defense deals between India and Russia and the money that India has paid thus far to Russia for what they have received thus far from the prior deals )

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hp1229

The two counties have some of the most profound bureaucracies of all time! The Russian post-Soviet bureaucracy is huge, but the Indian British-Based system is an epic Pythonesque caricature of a byzantine maze of officials.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hp1229
(hint: follow up on the defense deals between India and Russia and the money that India has paid thus far to Russia for what they have received thus far from the prior deals )

Are you talking about the PAK-fa (T-50) deal with Suhkoi? Is the Su-30 deal a mess too? Are there other deals as well that are tied up in red tape and lack of progress?
edit on 18-4-2014 by Leonidas because: because, because of the wonderful things he does...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I notice so far that anyone that has posted - disagreeing with this news as being a threat to the US - do not seem to argue that it is in fact a chink in the USD's armor. Instead they sound confident that these threats will simply not materialize. Yet they linger.

So how long is this charade going to continue? Petrodollars were a "boom stick" that have now been exposed for it's unfairness for some time now. They are not going to get a stable system with a pegged USD back again. The only way would be the biggest war the world has ever seen that went so long it takes over our memory.

So what is the plan? They cannot believe that they can simply patch this all back together and demand everyone go back to sleep...
edit on 18-4-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I notice so far that anyone that has posted - disagreeing with this news as being a threat to the US - do not seem to argue that it is in fact a chink in the USD's armor. Instead they sound confident that these threats will simply not materialize. Yet they linger.

So how long is this charade going to continue? Petrodollars were a "boom stick" that have now been exposed for it's unfairness for some time now. They are not going to get a stable system with a pegged USD back again. The only way would be the biggest war the world has ever seen that went so long it takes over our memory.

So what is the plan? They cannot believe that they can simply patch this all back together and demand everyone go back to sleep...

This deal has nothing to do with America, North America or Europe.

It is about the Big Three of Asia slugging it out for who gets the required resources to fuel their countries immediate and long-term future.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

This deal has nothing to do with America, North America or Europe.

Oh yeah... so Petrodollar recycling was of no use to the US?

... And the chocolate chip maple cookies in my oven have nothing to do with the weight I'm gaining.

<<   2 >>

join