It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran murder victim's mother forgives killer, stops hanging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Imagine you standing in front of the man that was convicted of killing your child. All you have to do is kick the chair out from under them and justice will be served. Would you do it?

The Mother and Father of a victim in this story decided forgiveness was better than justice.

A convicted killer due to be hanged for murder has been spared after the victim's mother had a last-minute change of heart.

The 18-year-old victim's parents were expected to kick away the chair supporting the condemned man, named as Balal, at the public execution and send him to his death.

But once he was blindfolded and the noose put around his neck, she instead slapped his face and said she forgave him.

Source

It is stories like this that I like to hear about. All too often, hatred and vengeance can consume us. Perhaps it is forgiveness that truly sets us free.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

S + F.

I would have kicked the chair.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That takes a lot of courage and heart to spare the life of someone who killed your daughter. Just a slap in the face? I would have kicked him where it counts, and probably added a good beating to go along with it! I don't have mercy for scumbags who think they can take an innocent life.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

In all my travels and adventures I will say that ...forgiveness may be the most powerful thing Ive encountered.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Imagine what this man could do with his second chance. That's more powerful than the ability to take one's life. I hope he makes great use of it and becomes an important part of his community.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sparing his life is nice. It's a moving story about mercy.
I hope after they spared his life, the courts still locked him up. He's still a murderer.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'd say that does take some courage to let him live. I wonder if the same outcome would have happened if she were at home and just expecting a phone call after he was hanged?

And the story didnt say whether or not the man is now free or still in prison.

I honestly don;t even want to speculate what I would do in that circumstance as it would mean something bad happened to my daughter.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Imagine what this man could do with his second chance.

Kill someone else.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Sparing his life is nice. It's a moving story about mercy.
I hope after they spared his life, the courts still locked him up. He's still a murderer.

They probably did, unless they "truly" forgave him.
Islam actually recommends forgiveness but . . . permits vengeance.

Forgiveness is a lot more powerful and difficult to do.
I love to hear about stories like this one, just to remind people that we're all humans, no matter what religion. ( Even atheists )

edit on 17-4-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Would be difficult .. hardest thing in the world is for a parent to lose a child .. maybe theres hope for humanity yet ..

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I love these happy endings.

Oh, wait, she's still dead and he's still a killer.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Forgiveness is part of what some call unconditional love. Giving without expecting anything in return. Maybe that's the way the human species has to follow ? Who knows ? There are so many different potential futures.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Imagine you standing in front of the man that was convicted of killing your child. All you have to do is kick the chair out from under them and justice will be served. Would you do it?

The Mother and Father of a victim in this story decided forgiveness was better than justice.

A convicted killer due to be hanged for murder has been spared after the victim's mother had a last-minute change of heart.

The 18-year-old victim's parents were expected to kick away the chair supporting the condemned man, named as Balal, at the public execution and send him to his death.

But once he was blindfolded and the noose put around his neck, she instead slapped his face and said she forgave him.

Source

It is stories like this that I like to hear about. All too often, hatred and vengeance can consume us. Perhaps it is forgiveness that truly sets us free.

Christian virtues in action, good on her

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Source

Are you suggesting that no one ever forgave anyone else before the advent of christianity ?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of Gary Ridgeway (Green River Killer) in court listening to victim impact statements from the families of all his victims. He sat stone-faced until one victim's father looked at him and said, "You are forgiven sir." Ridgeway then cried. Even the monster himself was shocked at being shown kindness when he did not deserve it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

The 18-year-old victim's parents were expected to kick away the chair supporting the condemned man

Perhaps that their change of heart was due to the fact that they were taking the decision to off him.

I wonder if they had done the same if the chair would have been removed by an executioner.

In any case, hope the murderer also has a change of heart. Or they just let a psychopath on the loose.

JMO.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17810375]spurgeonatorsrevenge

Iran is an Islamic country .. most likely the mother is muslim as thats what the majority of the people follow .. she did as they are taught in the Quran and forgave the man who killed her daughter ..

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun
a reply to: sheepslayer247

The 18-year-old victim's parents were expected to kick away the chair supporting the condemned man

Perhaps that their change of heart was due to the fact that they were taking the decision to off him.

I wonder if they had done the same if the chair would have been removed by an executioner.

In any case, hope the murderer also has a change of heart. Or they just let a psychopath on the loose.

JMO.

in Islamic countries under sharia law the victims family can forgive the one who commited a crime against them in which case they are either given a lighter sentence or set free . Been awhile since been in an Islamic country but thats how it usually worked.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I love these happy endings.

Oh, wait, she's still dead and he's still a killer.

Yes, he's a convicted killer. I understand that. But that does not detract from the act the parents took.

As SonoftheSun suggested, perhaps they did it out of not wanting to kick the stool, but they still chose not to take his life.

Even though he killed their child....they couldn't do it.

new topics

top topics

join