It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come Christians Can't Do Spiritual Powers Miracles Signs Like Jesus Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Christ supposedly had taught his disciplies to heal and so why the New T4estament is about Paul, whom Christ did not instruct and not about the disciples that were around Christ and taught by him should be a total mystery. I can't think of Paul ever healing anyone but in truth he has always seemed a Roman Cuckoo. Why there is so little about the real disciples and so much about Paul seems more political than anything else, which leads to the Council of Nicea when Christianity had its dogma started and pathway laid out. We can't even trace a ist hand legitimate witness to Christ's life, everything we have has come through the Church Father's censorship whenb they made up a religion to suit Emporor and their lifestyles and authority.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Strayed

True. My take ... when you see how badly others have it, sometimes that makes our own suffering not feel as bad. (then again ... sometimes when I see how bad others have it, I wonder where the heck is God ... and then I suffer spiritually more than I was).

edit on 4/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
In regard to the original post, it could be any of the things you've mentioned or a million other reasons that the world is not just such a way. There are so many perspectives/existential interpretations relating to existence as we may know it to which christianity simply offers a muddled few with characteristics some find better some find worse than the alternatives but ultimately exists no different than the rest.

Looking for solid answers in a faith based belief system that has so many interpretations I think will not be so fruitful, at best you may have other people who grasp around in the absence of actual objective answers (what faith is in this regard) and provide you with the straws that they hold tightly to.

If you would like to live in a world where "Powers" are possible then live in it, research it, figure it out yourself; Try to avoid dogma that doesn't seem to bear any fruit in relation to your endeavors otherwise you may find yourself in a self imposed corner grasping at the straws yourself as you appear (from my perspective) to be doing now.

Good luck, and I hope if you're truly in a dark place that grace in whatever form you need finds you.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan
reply to post by Strayed

True. My take ... when you see how badly others have it, sometimes that makes our own suffering not feel as bad. (then again ... sometimes when I see how bad others have it, I wonder where the heck is God ... and then I suffer spiritually more than I was).

edit on 4/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

It's an understandable position, it just seems too common for people to marginalize in a callous way the feelings of an individual in such a way (not to say you were doing that). It's one thing for an individual to accept the perspective "This isn't so bad things could be worse" it's another for someone else to say "Your pain/individual experience is unreasonable because I/these people have it worse than you".

Regarding wondering where God is when you see the suffering in the world… It honestly makes me wonder what role do you assign to your God… What are their responsibilities? If I'm somewhere near the mark in what I can assume your answer might be, I could guess maybe the answer to what hits you in the faith is that maybe it's just due to not seeing the entire picture/plan if there is/was one… grand designs and all that.

Assigning roles and responsibilities to God I think is a tricky thing as it provides comfort to some but it also builds expectations, from my subjective perspective the world seems so much simpler without such a behavior as you can track the responsibility for occurrences (good or bad) directly back to the individuals and or objective chance conditions that cause them and that be the end of it (no being left questioning "Why!?").

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Strayed
it just seems too common for people to marginalize in a callous way the feelings of an individual in such a way (not to say you were doing that).

I wouldn't do that to anyone. I've had it done to me too many times. I'm chronically ill and have numerous health issues and have had to deal with a lot of crap that 'well meaning' people spew. So I get it totally about how what is too heavy for one person is light for another .. and the other way around. I totally get it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Under the assumption that the Holy spirit is the light/energy/chi flow and the talking in tongues is mind ability to become over creative sometimes when pushing light/energy/chi. There is no real use fullness from my point of view of talking/singing in tongues, except that it can be childishly fun.

There is a science in laying of hands. Look up for instance Reiki (a intention->manifestation tool) and chakras to know one of the views that are scientifically trying to explain how it works even if it is still a work in progress.

Binaural Beats can be a good complement but make sure all are comfortable with the sound that are in the room.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

backcase
reply to post by leeda

I am not a pure enough person to be united to the Spirit of the Living God.

Power is obtained through constant abstinence, fasting, and prayer.

Like the 40 days in the desert thing.

From my point of view. More like you have too much to live for yet to be one foot one this side and the other on the other side of the veil. That is neither good nor bad.
. Do not put people on a pedestal. You are further along than you think.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

The verses you cited are not found in the oldest Greek manuscripts. They were added in years later.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

It is a matter of faith. This generation is way out of control and that is why the paths have been cut off. Everyone would have to support one person as the vessel of GOD on this earth. You say that death is the enemy but i'm not so sure about that. The role of GOD to be hidden in this generation was chosen for many reasons. Mainly because most would reject any one person as ruler over them. It was thought that many would be lost that way and he likes to be unknown because it felt a little wierd having everyone bow at his feet even though that methoed brings the most power. The secrets are being revealed slowly in a manner that does not bring about descruction of everyone in hopes that more can get through their suffering and get on with their lives on the other side.
Currently i am spiritually torn by the droughts in the us. I figured that would be a good place to start to repair the damage but there is a crap load of negitive energy coming from there and the other side does not want to reward the negative with good. Honestly i believe it to be an internal battle inside of myself. Things that were agreed to long ago are harder to accept now. The best way to describe it is by looking at the mona lisa painting of to worlds colliding but being held apart by one person.
Everyday brings new understanding for me but the truth is that only a small portion of people that read this post will understand it and even fewer will accept it and that is the just of the lack of faith. Perhaps one day soon someone will make a stand for one side or the other or even bring unity to both but then everyone would just yell false this and that. it seems like a lost cause but i will not give up on us. So far we have adverted many plans of the end and who really knows if that is the right choice. The true believers are being picked on ridducled and caused to unjustly suffer because they choose the straight path and that will be greatly rewarded. Trying to weigh all things is not easy.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The only thing that I wanted to add here is this :

Speaking in tongues, from my understanding, is simply speaking in another language.

Not rolling around on the ground spewing gibberish.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In my opinion those things are gifts from Him, not things you can demand. Faith and love are patient and humble, not demanding.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

ketsuko
In my opinion those things are gifts from Him, not things you can demand. Faith and love are patient and humble, not demanding.

I agree but do at the same time not agree with you. God sometimes put some souls under extreme pressure and are waiting for them to come to a point when they cannot take it any more and just lets go of everything. Sometimes angrily screaming back in despair is the right thing to do, demanding in need release of the pain.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leeda

I wanted to add support to my claim that Mark 16 was edited.

www.gotquestions.org...

The above article goes into detail.

Furthermore, Jesus did not sit at the right hand of the Father until Acts 1:9. Mark 16:19 contradicts that.

Edit:

Also, the Holy Spirit dispenses spiritual gifts by His own will. Not all Christians have the gifts of tongues, visions, prophecy, and healing. I do know a prophet, and both my wife and brother in law were healed (Im talking about changes in skeletal structure). The miracles are practiced where and when they are needed. They are not intended to be a circus side show.
edit on 17-4-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added text.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Could not agree more to your post the Holy Spirit dispenses spiritual gifts by His own will and that they are not intended to be a circus side show.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Oh, so you've been crucified, flayed alive, dropped in a pit of fire ants, forced to watch your family subjected to the same torments, etc?

I didn't think so.

You forgot Water Boarding.

But this was the funniest post from you. I like it.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You are on a computer and on the internet and posting. That's not poverty.

THIS is ultimate suffering and poverty ...

Who is the douche that took this pic?!
Cameraman: Oooo!
*click*
Cameraman: This will surely get my name in National Geographic!
Child: Help me...
Vulture:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't do that to anyone. I've had it done to me too many times. I'm chronically ill and have numerous health issues and have had to deal with a lot of crap that 'well meaning' people spew. So I get it totally about how what is too heavy for one person is light for another .. and the other way around. I totally get it.

I starred it because I'm glad you see that.. though I am sorrowful that you've experienced it so much. I hope you experience grace (good things despite all else) that may alleviate that which ails you.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Only answering the title question, it's like asking why a baby isn't born knowing how to walk and talk. We know that they are capable of it, but they still have to learn how. It's hard to fly a 747 if you've never even seen an airplane.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: disregardingeverything

You are on a computer and on the internet and posting. That's not poverty.

THIS is ultimate suffering and poverty ...

Who is the douche that took this pic?!
Cameraman: Oooo!
*click*
Cameraman: This will surely get my name in National Geographic!
Child: Help me...
Vulture:

This is the result of man turning away from God.

Yes, we have suffering in this life but the tragedy is that people won't acknowledge God in anything and the effects are devastating when fallible humans refuse to walk in the ways that God had taught that we should.

This child is not to blame, this child is the result of the hardness of the human heart. Where is God for this child? Waiting with arms open to end the suffering. But here's the thing, if God were to take the lives of children born into situations like this, then people would call Him genocidal.

Evolution is genocidal and everyone who believes in an evolution without God and "survival of the fittest", this child is not the fittest, so why blame God? You've got evolution to comfort you, so you should have no problem accepting "survival of the fittest" and then tell me you have evolved sympathy when there is no definition of sympathy in "survival of the fittest".

So who is right? Evolution and "Survival of the fittest" dictates that this child is better off dead because the vulture is more fit to survive. Yes, this is evolution in its purest form. Genocide and persecution.

Where is God? Why does God allow this? Maybe you should ask the people who do this to children why they allow it to continue. Don't say there is no God and then say evolution is all there is, when it is evolution that has no moral obligation toward this child.

This child is better off dead than having to continue in a life of worse suffering and perhaps death is the end of suffering.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: leeda
How Come People Dont Have Jesus's Powers

Because we are not 9 dimensional beings as he was purported to be; ability to alter matterform (prove he existed first); if you can get his birth certificatation from the Romans (they would have it; for head tax law purposes only, you are an ambulatory body living within the Empire you pay taxes on your mere beingness that will walk and corrode, possibly make potholes in the sacred Roman roads, drink from their wells and impinge upon or actually breathes in oxygen: takes away from "their" sacred air stockpiles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join