It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin changes course, admits Russian troops were in Crimea before vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Putin changes course, admits Russian troops were in Crimea before vote

MOSCOW — President Vladimir Putin, who repeatedly denied Russian troops had entered Crimea before the March referendum there, changed his version of those events Thursday, telling the nation that they had indeed been there all along.

But the green men observed in eastern Ukraine right now, storming buildings and raising the Russian flag, are not Russian, he said. “Those are local residents,” he said.

Being ATS and all
Many here knew what was really going on and were wondering just who Russia was trying to fool with their denial this whole time. So, now what? What difference does it make now? In any case, I thought I'd pop in and post it for you the reader to dissect and give opinions pro/con/other

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

With the near-civil war pending at the time it shouldn't surprise anyone that they beefed up troop levels near one of their most important military installations.

That would be like an anti-American armed japanese uprising (doubtful I know) rebelling against their government. Do you think the US would just sit back or send an assload of troops to Okinawa. I know we sent more over just over the rape scandal and the rightful outrage of the people there. And that had nothing to do with political fervor.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ah the four hour Q&A iv heard about, so far talking about tourism in crimea the rt translation needs some desphering

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure how this is new information? I thought it was known there where Russian troop in Crimea, like always. Not counting the "Military drills *wink*"

All things said; I have been following this Q&Q 4 hours Q&A I respect that, even if its obvious propaganda.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Putin has pulled off a massive land grab. He got away with an invasion. The UN is jumping up and down pointing saying 'bad bad bad' ... but they have no teeth. And at the same time Putin is invading the Ukraine, Obama is on TV saying we have to downsize our military. It's surreal.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Many here knew what was really going on and were wondering just who Russia was trying to fool with their denial this whole time.

It seems that only you and handfull of others are fooled by this media spin.
Putin didn't admit anything, he just said what we already know that Russian troops are stationed in Crimea for last couple of decades.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Putin has pulled off a massive land grab. He got away with an invasion. The UN is jumping up and down pointing saying 'bad bad bad' ... but they have no teeth. And at the same time Putin is invading the Ukraine, Obama is on TV saying we have to downsize our military. It's surreal.

So did Israel not too far back...and even the US for that matter with setting up bases for "the war on terror".
People still talk about it, but no one does much except launch a rocket here or there, followed by an air strike.
Probably just see more of the same. Sad for civilians just trying to live their lives. Unfortunately, to quote Yoda, "That is the Way of Things".

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I think you are referring to the now infamous 'Mystery Soldiers" that Russia kept saying were simply "Crimean Militia"

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

The world is over crowded. And there are too many ideologies in conflict - including religious ones. This kind of thing won't stop. In fact, as the world becomes more crowded and food supplies become less and less .... it'll happen more and more. I'm glad I"m old and don't have as long left on this planet as the young folks. What's coming would break my heart for sure ....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I wonder when Obama will go on tv for a q and a saying CIA goons were hanging out EVERYWHERE in the Ukraine stirring the pot.

Actually, I dont because the answer is never.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"MOSCOW — President Vladimir Putin, who repeatedly denied Russian troops had entered Crimea before the March referendum there, changed his version of those events Thursday, telling the nation that they had indeed been there all along. "

Any link for this please because I would like to hear him say it in case this was dreamed up by someone trying to put words in his mouth.

Russian just like anyone else has agents all over the world but I want to know if we are talking hundreds or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

It would seem that Russia has had a military agreement with Crimea for some time.

Assuming this is the case, is the media/government apparatus trying to spin this to make him look like a liar?

Russia’s 25,000-troop allowance & other facts you may not know about Crimea.

Ukraine’s statement at the UN that ‘16,000 Russian soldiers had been deployed’ across Crimea sparked a MSM feeding frenzy that steadfastly ignored any hard facts that got in their way.

Especially unwelcome is the fact that the so-called ‘invasion force’ has been there for 15 years already.

Facts, and ardent statements by top Russian diplomats were totally ignored by the western ‘war press’.

edit on 17-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I think you are referring to the now infamous 'Mystery Soldiers" that Russia kept saying were simply "Crimean Militia"

You're thinking wrong, and now trying to spin the subject. Did you learn that from the MSM?

You said quote:

Many here knew what was really going on and were wondering just who Russia was trying to fool with their denial this whole time.

And I can repeat that we already knew that Russian troops were there, legally stationed in Crimea for the last couple of decades.

It is the whole another point how MSM using words to spin and suit their agenda.
Wake up, use your brain processes adequately.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
It is the whole another point how MSM using words to spin and suit their agenda.
Wake up, use your brain processes adequately.

Topic is Russia, Putin, troops, denial and Crimea not how my brain functions.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

gladtobehere

It would seem that Russia has had a military agreement with Crimea for some time.

Assuming this is the case, is the media/government apparatus trying to spin this to make him look like a liar?

Russia’s 25,000-troop allowance & other facts you may not know about Crimea.

Ukraine’s statement at the UN that ‘16,000 Russian soldiers had been deployed’ across Crimea sparked a MSM feeding frenzy that steadfastly ignored any hard facts that got in their way.

Especially unwelcome is the fact that the so-called ‘invasion force’ has been there for 15 years already.

Facts, and ardent statements by top Russian diplomats were totally ignored by the western ‘war press’.

edit on 17-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

Exactly.

What we need is people to educate themselves before jumping the gun which makes them look foolish.
edit on 17-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This has been known for years, yet somehow some here are refusing to take this in account when talking about the Russian invasion. Although i'm pretty sure cutting off television stations and closing down Airports isn't something they are allowed to do lol.

link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by the owlbear

The world is over crowded. And there are too many ideologies in conflict - including religious ones. This kind of thing won't stop. In fact, as the world becomes more crowded and food supplies become less and less .... it'll happen more and more. I'm glad I"m old and don't have as long left on this planet as the young folks. What's coming would break my heart for sure ....

Why do you think Bill Gates and Warren Buffett want to "help" Africa?
So many untapped resources. New markets. No need for wars to get at it, just cash.

But you're right. The world today needs an updated version of that Phil Collins video with new puppets. Replace Reagan, Thatcher, Gorbachev with Putin, Obama, and Lil Kim.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

No way are they militants, I agree but I know that news stations have been using library pictures and then saying they were taken yesterday at location "X"

You do know that Russia has an agreement to keep 25,000 troops in the Crimea and that at the time of the first riots that russia only had 16,000 on the ground and if Russia has such tight control over the Ukraine then how come the USA was allowed to make off with 40 tons of gold.

Alzizeera once went as far as using a Hollywood set to say Sadam was on his least legs, hours to live about 6 week before he got killed, it was all over Youtube

No i am not having a go at you but I am saying with all the propaganda flying around that you and me can both be taken in by dis-information.

edit on 17-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It's been well known since the beginning that the russian troops were already in Crimea for at least the past ten years. I'm not sure how this is new information, in fact, many people have been saying this since day one, but have been completely drowned out by shouts of "Invasion!!!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join