It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Um, you can see a car on Mars"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
This title made me laugh.

Curiosity visible in the middle of the image, it's the little green dot. Looks more like a big to me. Lol!

First of all, I completely stole this headline from NASA engineer Bobak Ferdowski (AKA The Mohawk Guy) on Twitter. Second, this is just a great image of the Curiosity rover sitting on Mars, including views of its tracks and where it did a wheelie or two.
Plus, where the rover now sits is a very intriguing region called “The Kimberly.” Curiosity will soon whip out its drill to see if it can find hints of organic material, which could be a biomarker — the holy grail of Mars exploration.[

edit on 17-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Spelling

I didn't see a car but I did see a Martian tribute to Edvard Munchs The Scream. Dead center of the photo.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by G0v0D47

Seriously 1 Astral Travel, 2 Ink the image of the terrains a bit, ull find they have the same atmostphere as we do. Trust me, there is life out there, this place happens to a prison
When you’re talking astral travel, from a spiritual level, then I think we are all aliens. We come here from somewhere else to experience life. However this is a science forum and none of that can be proven so this ‘spiritual’ idea really has no place here.

I agree with you that life could be found everywhere. I think it’s just not in the macroscopic physical level or else we would have noticed by now, at least for their presence on Mars and our Moon. Perhaps there are complicated life forms found on some of the Jovian and Saturnian moons but nothing like I think you might be suggesting.

As far as this being a prison, life is what you make it. I believe we came here to experience life, for a limited time, and we get out of this what we put into it. This is either a prison or a playground full of friendly people.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Here's a nice comparison of the HiRISE image with Curiosity's own panorama:

Source

Curiosity is facing the Mt Remarkable (which is only about 6 meters in height), and you can see the wavy line of an outcrop right in front of the rover, as well as another outcrop line just before the "mountain".

P.S. Is it just me, or did ATS just get a lot thinner and kinda more compact? Posted images now appear much smaller.

edit on 18-4-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

P.S. Is it just me, or did ATS just get a lot thinner and kinda more compact?

Yes. More mobile friendly, of course.
It sucks.

Try clicking the "a reply to:" link.

edit on 4/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Isn't this the same they tried to pull with the Apollo moon landing images to show of the lander the and footprints? lol.

NASA has to do a little better then this.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join