It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Ghost Car Causes Accident - Appears from nowhere?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Russian men in black!

Got a little too cocky in traffic. Especially the one driving the uhaul to deliver furniture to his mom's.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Man.... those russian lada's crack me up

most of the parts fall off after the car comes to a standstill

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drneville

3 seconds in you can clearly see the ref making his way over.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A reddit user cheese_without_toast made this gif with explanation:

Personally I still don't see it. When the "ghost car" appears you simply expect it to be longer and sticking out on the other end of the BMW as well.

My guess is also that the "ghost car" was part of the traffic flow crossing the intersection hidden behind the BMW until spun out in front of the BMW after it accelerated too much. Check out the "ghost car's" left front wheel. It seems to be in the furthest left turning position typical of oversteer. I.e. not the position of the wheel you would expect it to be if the car came from the opposite side of the road as the above gif suggests.

A great optical illusion either way as I suspect a ghost car won't leave body parts in the middle of the road after being hit.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't if if it's already been mentioned but the car on the right brakes for the ghost car before it makes it appearance

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I saw this GIF and it did not make sense, I still cannot see how it has travelled that path. The more I have seen of the video the more I have come to the conclusion that the car has spun, maybe clipping the tram sending it into a spin, as like you said you can see the car has full lock on. When he clips the BMW it gives the car just enough to straiten out and continue on.

If you look at the image, just as the lights appear you would be able to see the rear side of the "ghost" car.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

AKindChap
reply to post by drneville

3 seconds in you can clearly see the ref making his way over.

Where? Where does this ref come from

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jrflipjr

No, that referee is clearly there in the corner.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The 'ghost' car looks like it was doing a fast turn if you look at the wheels they seem to be in a hard turn lock, If you look to the lane farthest from the waiting traffic on the right in the beginning of the video when the vehicles are waiting to go you will see car lights tracking at the far right lane at a speed that meets up with these turning vehicles, I'd say it then ran a red and started to lock wheels right..

look at the lane farthest from the stopped traffic where you think it comes from it has two cars that are moving. With the mist and rain its no wonder it was hard to see.
edit on 17-4-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is clearly edited. Watch the car on the left Brake.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

You are right about the layout of the tunnel. The second truck came through a "service" port or passageway from the other side of the traffic tunnel.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I don't if if it's already been mentioned but the car on the right brakes for the ghost car before it makes it appearance

Yep, you said it.
So either it's edited or it's just a veryyyy odd angle at which this was taken to have it appear otherworldly. Still a cool illusion!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The strange thing is the red car doesn't just slam on the breaks as you'd expect, but rather slows to a halt... As if the driver was like

"Did I just see that?..."

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
Cooool! Dunno!

Look here's another one!

Someone mentioned the truck crash one looking like the same vehicle. This looks like the same car crashing into the same type of car also?

damn, you have been faster with that video...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Just watched it and..well...there HAS to be some kind of manipulation, still i did jump back when it happened.

since no one else has asked who's filming these and why?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Took a few views but I'm fairly certain I've figure it out.

The car comes from the oncoming traffic stopped while the people in the video are turning. One guy did not stop, went straight into the intersection, crossing through the people turning through that intersection.

If you watch the oncoming traffic before it gets covered by the cars turning, there is an empty lane between the tricks. Then the oncoming traffic is blocked for a second, Then when the oncoming cars get unblocked from view, you can see a car that was behind the magic car pulling up from a position further back than they would have been stopped at the light. They were pulling up because the magic car that was in front of them pulled into the intersection instead of stopping like they should have.

The car at the intersection appears in a split second, but so does the car that stopped between the trucks. It wasn't there, neither was the magic car, then you see the magic car and the other car in the empty lane pull up to the light.

A second later you see the magic car in the accident, going straight from the oncoming traffic lane.
edit on 17-4-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
reply to post by zetnom

Awesome! There's one I've seen even crazier but it was part of a compilation of general bad driving in Russia. It was just as blatant as this but nobody seemed to notice and I was like "woah... wait a second" and when I commented, nobody seemed to care. It was weird. If I find it again, I'll post it.

- ps edit add - Found it! Check out the one-minute mark.

Say whaaaaaaaat?!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The "ghost car" is coming from the junction ahead and to the right, it would have emerged from the left of the van (from the van drivers perspective)....you can just and so see it before it is blocked. It then travels towards the car in front of the camera, you can see its lights through the car w indow (what is it with typing w indow on here lately!!!) ....before making a sudden turn to avoid collision.

Just good timing and a corker optical illusion.
edit on 17/4/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
A reddit user cheese_without_toast made this gif with explanation:

Personally I still don't see it. When the "ghost car" appears you simply expect it to be longer and sticking out on the other end of the BMW as well.

My guess is also that the "ghost car" was part of the traffic flow crossing the intersection hidden behind the BMW until spun out in front of the BMW after it accelerated too much. Check out the "ghost car's" left front wheel. It seems to be in the furthest left turning position typical of oversteer. I.e. not the position of the wheel you would expect it to be if the car came from the opposite side of the road as the above gif suggests.

A great optical illusion either way as I suspect a ghost car won't leave body parts in the middle of the road after being hit.

The illustration in the GIF is probably the best explanation and I'm sure it's correct. The car in front (and the car in front of him, on the right) is turning in a circle, matching and blocking the position of the "ghost car" the entire time. We don't see it until he finally puts on his breaks and the "ghost car" (whom I suspect, ran a red light) passes by.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Just watched it and..well...there HAS to be some kind of manipulation, still i did jump back when it happened.

since no one else has asked who's filming these and why?

Here is what I found: the main reason so many people use dashboard cameras in Russia is as a result of the price discrepancy between liability-only car insurance, and full-coverage auto insurance (e.g. with a Ford Focus you’re looking at $1600/yr for full-coverage vs. $130/yr for liability). As a result, most Russians only carry liability insurance, and want to make SURE they can prove they’re not at-fault in an accident — otherwise they’d have to pay for all of their own car repairs.
The cameras are cheap, and have the additional benefit of capturing insurance scams on tape, which can be a problem in many countries, hope this helps.
It was also handy when the large meteor crashed into Russia, that is why we had so many different views.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join