It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For my mum......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe this thread could be used as somewhere to just post a memory to somebody we have and still love? Maybe with no comments from others......just a memory?

I am taking advantage of posting this here as mum's ashes are still at the undertakers and not been laid to rest because of my sister....

I have nowhere to go to place flowers.....so please forgive me for being a bit maudlin and putting this here....it is something that always helps me get through the hard times, and I hope it helps some of you in some way at such times.

For my mum who died a year ago today....

Singing River

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We have all lost somebody we loved.........but they are never really gone, they stay in our memories and heart forever.
My thoughts and loving vibes going your way, Angelchemuel.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Don't worry about the ashes. There will be a time and place that will be perfect. My father's ashes stayed at my house for over a year before I finally parted with them. He was one of the Great Generation and a WW II veteran. I buried him at the Veteran's Cemetery. I'm sorry for your loss. It never really goes away.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
*** Tears...and a virtual (((hug))). I lost my mom on this day as well,in 1993. I hear her voice in my head still,and her words echo through mine. I cannot visit her grave either,as she is buried next to my father in our hometown 2000 miles away from where Iam. But I do know she is proud of me. I now live in the only place she ever longed to see,surrounded by the flowers that were always her favorite growing wild and free. I realize that a year is not long to mourn Angel,and the hurt is still there as much as it was then. Just know you are not alone.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Sorry for your loss. We also waited until we all could be together to disperse my mother's ashes. The timing was perfect when it did all come together.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

AccessDenied
*** Tears...and a virtual (((hug))). I lost my mom on this day as well,in 1993. I hear her voice in my head still,and her words echo through mine. I cannot visit her grave either,as she is buried next to my father in our hometown 2000 miles away from where Iam. But I do know she is proud of me. I now live in the only place she ever longed to see,surrounded by the flowers that were always her favorite growing wild and free. I realize that a year is not long to mourn Angel,and the hurt is still there as much as it was then. Just know you are not alone.

Bless you, bless you and much love

Be safe be well and keep on lovin.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Maybe this thread could be used as somewhere to just post a memory to somebody we have and still love? Maybe with no comments from others......just a memory?

I am taking advantage of posting this here as mum's ashes are still at the undertakers and not been laid to rest because of my sister....

I have nowhere to go to place flowers.....so please forgive me for being a bit maudlin and putting this here....it is something that always helps me get through the hard times, and I hope it helps some of you in some way at such times.

For my mum who died a year ago today....

Singing River

Your day will come, sooner than you think

Be safe be well and there is nothing to worry about.

Much love

Spiro

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you all for your very kind words, they are all very much appreciated. Big rainbow hugs to you all.

I would like to think this thread can be used and help others too.
Unfortunately when and if my mothers ashes get scattered in accordance with her wishes, it will not be a family gathering.

Your day will come, sooner than you think

Be safe be well and there is nothing to worry about.

I am really not quite sure what to make of that Spiro.....but I sincerely hope you are right, not for me, but for my mum...thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Always loved this poem.

Come May it will make 7 years since my Dad passed away. I can hardly believe it has been that long already. My heart goes out to you sweet friend of mine. My own Mother is 90, and I know our time here is limited. It hurts to know that one day too soon, I shall lose her too.
There is always such sorrow for us left behind.

We have years of memories to cherish of laughter and love of sorrow and joy and everything in between that we have shared together with them. They will live on forever in our hearts and souls. They are in a better place than we are and one day we will be there too.

Hugs and much love Jane!
edit on 16-4-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
My dad died 12 years ago, mum 5 years ago.

I look at their passing with a mixture of sadness and relief.

Relief that they didn't linger in some home with dementia.

Dad had a wonky ticker and had had a major heart attack 10 years earlier, so we knew he was on borrowed time; he went into hospital and a few days later he was gone.

Mum had a "gammy leg" and problems with blood pressure; her life was one long tiring round of popping pills and medical appointments.

She lingered for a whole month in hospital, unconscious for the most part; the doctor took her drip out to expedite her departure, but we still had to wait two anguished weeks before the end...

But both in their 80s, so no regrets.

At some point, you've got to let go.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die...A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance

(Ecclesiastes 3: 1-2, 4)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry for the passing of your mother...My mom passed away as well not that long ago really...

It will be 3 years on may 29. She was 45. I was 27 and my lil sis 10.
It hurts bad. I have some of her ashes in a mini urn. I carry it around with me when I'm sad ... Or just hold it.

This moment in time that I experienced has left an imprint on my soul I feel. When the dates come near my thoughts go so dark.... I'm really trying to snap outta this.

I've been trying to think of funny or happy memories with my mom... Cause there really was so much negative.. I just gotta try focus on the positive..

I remember when I had my son.. She came over to my apartment and helped me so much. Taught me a few tricks... It was just so nice. I've gotta hold on to that memory right now..

This thread is nice. We all share losses of loved ones... And yes we all lose someone we love.. And together we can share and just know that others care.

Peace to you angel

I feel everything happens for a reason. And it makes us stronger.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Hi Natalia,
Thank you for sharing your story.
I hope more people do use this thread in their time of grief and remembrance, and can find some solace.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

join