It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hi people
For about a year now I have been following the news in Britain and im starting to feel some what uneasy about things im reading that seem unconnected in them self's but taken together make me feel very uncomfortable. Let me list some of them.

1. Halal meat is been served in schools without the consent of parents, and indeed in many shops without telling people.
2. Parts of the muslem law is been enshrined in the British law.
3. That circumcision should be offered to every male at birth as a health benefit .
The question I have are the British people been prepared to become muslem ?
Lets know what you think.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

Sadly based on the news I've read, and video's I've seen I am starting to think so.

There was an article I read not long ago that stated Muslims were driving through areas with higher Muslim populations and yelling at young people on the street that they were in an area that was under Sharia law and were dressed inappropriately and orderd them to leave

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Halal meat may be served within schools, but it is an option, you do not have to have it. You are allowed to have other food products as well...

And NO, I, for one will not be changing faith to the Muslim faith, it took me 15 years to get away from the indoctrination and brainwashing of Christianity by my parents. I am now 49, and I do not wish to be taken away and have 2 million and 1 girlie virgins at my side when I eventually slide into the long sleep of death, I have had enough trouble putting up with just the one I have now........

So don't worry yourself, the majority of UK people will not be turning their souls over to the Muslim faith......

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Halal meat is pretty good. Usually decent quality I find. That being said, eating halal even if you're not Muslim is not like it's going to turn you into one. It makes sense to offer it or have it available in schools. As a replacement meat, it is usually more expensive so it's cost prohibitive.

As far as the other problems, I'm not in the UK so I can't comment. We only see what is in the media. I've seen a bunch of non-sense arguments from a few oddball Muslims, demanding or asking for outrageous stuff, but then again also see a lot of ignorant hate directed towards the Muslim community as a whole.

The push for Sharia Law, or other prohibitive measures should not be allowed in Western societies, and struck down any time the argument is brought up. Simple as that. The idea is to assimilate. The most important point being that in many of the countries that have Islamic Law, they do not allow people to speak freely, practice certain religions, or be "free" in some sense of the word. So it makes little sense to try and push for the same thing in a country that is not under said kind of rule.

Here is an example of Sharia Law being incorporated into British:

*Mind you, it only deals with wills, inheritance law, but it is a little disturbing. The British Law Society has decided to recognize and/or facilitate "Sharia compliant wills"

LONDON — Islamic law is to be effectively enshrined in the British legal system for the first time under guidelines for lawyers on drawing up “Sharia compliant” wills.

Under ground-breaking guidance, produced by The Law Society, lawyers will be able to write Islamic wills that deny women an equal share of inheritances and exclude unbelievers altogether.

The documents, which would be recognised by Britain’s courts, will also prevent children born out of wedlock — and even those who have been adopted — from being counted as legitimate heirs.

Anyone married in a church, or in a civil ceremony, could be excluded from succession under Sharia principles, which recognise only Muslim weddings for inheritance purposes.

news.nationalpost.com...

Some might argue it is simply a means of respecting ones religion or culture, but to that I'd say they are completely disregarding the culture and the system they are a part of by immigrating.

There should be no room for this.

If a woman is recognized as an equal by society, they should not be treated as less than that by the law, simply because of religious implications. If anything, it just shows how religion is once again used as a tool for discrimination and power tripping abuse.
edit on 16-4-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Halal meat is pretty good.

Better if you wrap it in Bacon. To die for even.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by imod02

Cant really comment on most of what you wrote but on the circumcision I will say this .I am 61 and when I was in school at age 8 in Eastern Canada we had what was called public health days where they would give us needles ..I hated those things and one time it took 8 health nurses to hold me down to jab me . Any how they sent a note home to my mom saying I should be circumcised . I had no idea what that word even meant but when mom told me ,I told her that if I had to have that done I would run away and never go back to school ...They backed off ,lol

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Um, are we forgetting that these halaal abbatoirs help fund jihad? Or that halaal is not fully up to par for humane treatment? Consider the original nation-state, France. France had it all (as per centrifugal forces); gnostics from the Balkans, Catholics from italy (at one point france was the 'elder daughter' of the catholic church) and protestants from Germany. Along with the old Norman/Gallo-Roman divide, the Langue D'oc/D'oil divide, intrigues of the Turks and Moors wanting Paris and the Coastal plain into Northern Europe (like the Nazis) etc and the only way France prevailed to produce a Charles Martel, Louis the #, Napoleon, etc was to leverage its agriculture, terrain and infrastructure to unite SUCH THAT your language and political allegiance were all it took to make you an Frenchman equal to all the other Frogs.

Allowing separate inheritance, 'purified' meat, extra-legal (in both ways) considerations, and cherished traditions (or what was the Revolution for? Didn't they have 2?) to count in civil society kinda goes against the spirit of the heritage of the unified nation state. The ideal thing for muslims to do is to re-form the Caliphate where Islamic faith is all it takes for citizenship, buyt they are too fragmented and tribal for them to unite in their little fragmentary fictions of postcolonial countries. However, their being politically powerless doesn't mean they should impose their culture on the forbearance of their hosts, it's merely what happens when degenerate sophists are sold by callous leaders to unreconstructed barbarians. In fact, it should make them reconsider the value of Islam, and what role it played in their current abasement. I have a fairly deep knowledge of Islam, so I always cringe listening to the brave spin apologists put, and moreso than Christian spin makes me embarassed for their sake. But how can you feel so embarassed for people so shameless? how can I revel in the beauty (even when it's thoroughly rough and messy through and through
of English, as a non-British native speaker, while the English set aside their (cultural) differences as a group to accommodate recalcitrant herd-minded supremacists? Oh, the vainglory of muslim self- assertion and identity politics!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sch0penhauerPauer9001

Oh and as for circumcision maybe muslims should stop cutting nerve endings off genitals and join the civilised world, or does Western stability and prosperity affect who gets to spread what cultural means? I mean, we aint in CUT-TAR no more.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I dont worry about people turning there souls over, I worry about what laws are been passed behind our backs and how much time before we are made bow down to muslem law

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Another thing that has been worrying me, is that first the news told of muslem gangs raping non muslem children , and other cases of muslems raping young children. Then all of a sudden all these storys disappear and we have Jimmy Savel in the news all the time and now when the people are tird of him they roll out ( no pun intended ) Cyril Smith .
I just wonder at the timing of these revelations about these two dead men

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by boncho

Halal meat is pretty good.

Better if you wrap it in Bacon. To die for even.

Agreed.

Reminds me of the time I cut up bacon into really small bits, cooked it into scrambled eggs and one of our friends who refuses to eat pork said, "Damn, these eggs are soooo good."

Moral of the story? Everything is better with bacon.

edit on 16-4-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes, because in YOUR homeland you must accommodate everyone else, but in their homeland, you will have to do as they do. The same thing has been going on in America for a long time now(it is forbidden and racist to be proud to be white or celebrate white accomplishments and culture). It's a tactic to destroy us and our culture. If you tried to do the same thing in Saudi Arabia, Africa, Mexico, or Israel, you would probably be killed.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

edit on 16-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imod02

So by you saying..."Halal meat is been served in schools without the consent of
parents"...are you suggesting all the other non-muslim parents have to approve of the inclusion for Muslims (only Im sure)?

That a pretty ridiculous and predjudicial thing to say, dont you think? Why do they have to approve? They don't...and shouldnt have to.

Your statement "without the consent ...is really out there. So what?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Why should people be fed meat that is inhumanly killed and prayed over by a religion they do not believe in, a religion the gives praise to "god" wile kilingl men women and children. We do not live in a muslim country but there believes are been pushed into our lives.

edit on 23-4-2014 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

The whole thought is stupid. Because they ARENT being fed it. It would be available as opposed to what other children eat. Why should muslims be not given a choice? And why do they need "consent" of parents whose children wouldnt be eating it anyway?

Maybe the muslim parents should decide if the rest of the kids should eat hot dogs, rt? That would be fair then for them not to consent to it, rt?

Maybe too the vegatarian parents should deny consent to pizza, meatloaf, bologna, lasagna and all the rest of the school lunches having meat?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Very interesting how strongly you defend your point of view, almost to a point were you support the questions I asked.
I have decided not to get involved in a pointless fight with you and wish you well.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I don't eat meat often. And from what i've researched on it, it sucks the magnesium out of you which accounts for over 300 processes in the human body. Humans aren't supposed to eat it. But to those who choose to good luck to you. To each his own.
edit on 7/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join