It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifacts Of Unknown Origin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
www.messagetoeagle.com...

Tried searching and couldn't find much on this, so...

All these OOPARTS that have appeared from time to time, a LOT of people tend to come up with the
assumption that they must have been put there by some very ancient, long forgotten, advanced
civilisation.

Well, imo, they may be right, to a degree..

The Earth is pretty much made up of dust, grains, rocks etc from previous Solar Systems that have been destroyed,
only to have their parts/particles eventually combine to form what we know is our Solar System, right?

So, my theory is that, why can't these "Parts" be from a civ on one of those prev worlds?

I can understand this much more than a much older, much more advanced civ here on earth?

It could also, possibly, explain Panspermia, and how life got a foothold here..

Does anyone get what i mean?

Like i said, In My Opinion. No facts, no "scientist friend", just my theory.

Have at it and let me know your theories guys.

Oh, and if it's in the wrong forum mods, feel free to move.

Cheers.
Scorp.

edit on 15/4/14 by ScorpiusMaximus because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well that's a new way to look at it.

So in the great dust balls that accrete by gravity to become planets, there was also detritus of other civilizations. So, for example, the alien wrench of an unusual alloy that is found in a coal seam would have drifted from orbit around some other planetary civilization and joined in the early layers of our geology.

Cool!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

igloo
Well that's a new way to look at it.

So in the great dust balls that accrete by gravity to become planets, there was also detritus of other civilizations. So, for example, the alien wrench of an unusual alloy that is found in a coal seam would have drifted from orbit around some other planetary civilization and joined in the early layers of our geology.

Cool!

That's it!!

Off to work now, will check in after to see others responses.

Cheers.
Scorp.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

It is an interesting theory, but....

We have a fairly molten ball of liquid rock, possibly 6000 miles in diameter, expanding while it's cooling. The mass is about 90% of what it is today, so there is close to equivalent gravity. The objects if falling into the liquid rock would more than likely melt or be destroyed on impact. That is assuming no atmosphere during entry. Now if there is an atmosphere, you have entry friction problem also.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

OP I really like the theory very interesting. But as Dave pointed out. How would you explain it getting to earth without it liquidating hitting a molten earth or upon entry simply not burning up.

JV

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

What if it didnt end up here till millions or a billion years after formation ?

i notice this a lot here on ATS, go from one extreme to another to try disprove something, what about the golden middle ?

if it's millions of years old, but the earth is billions of years old, it would be safe to assume that it didnt arrive here till way after.

just my humble opinion

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's either a screw with a concretion around it, concretions can form in days. Or it is a hilti nail stuck in it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

We have a fairly molten ball of liquid rock, possibly 6000 miles in diameter, expanding while it's cooling. The mass is about 90% of what it is today, so there is close to equivalent gravity. The objects if falling into the liquid rock would more than likely melt or be destroyed on impact. That is assuming no atmosphere during entry. Now if there is an atmosphere, you have entry friction problem also.

Cheers - Dave

You gotta get beyond the time of planetary creation and allow all of that hardware and artifacts to be floating around out there in the ether for a long time, maybe previous to the current body building. And it can last in the isolation of deep space for a looog time. Rather than accepting that a iron meteorite that fell in Arabia last night was just a chunk of a former body formed at the time of our system (which can cover a range of billions of years alone), assume that it was an old 'fridge from a devastated planet from some other system long gone before ours even existed.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I believe the oop arts were made here on earth by former civilizations. I mean, how would a vase make it through earths atmosphere and land in a swamp? One was found in a coal seam here in WV. I've heard that others have been found but not reported. Probably sitting on some robber barons shelf. I think there was intelligent civilizations before and we are finding little traces of them. I absolutely love oop arts.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's the old geode scam,,works everytime

Coso Artifact

edit on 15-4-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think its pretty obvious in this day and age that the Earth is SO old that humans could have evolved, became sophisticated and died out, or some died out, or the whole thing began and ended over and over and over, I mean, we have enough time in the past. The things that could have happened in the timespan that WE THINK is the age of the Earth, the possibilities are endless. Although there are some obnoxious know it alls who always ask "what happened to the machinery and the buildings"? LOL , if a person is that dumb to be asking that then there is no point in even talking about it. Some people seem to think their house will be in place forever, sorry, maybe a few hundred years tops before it disappears depending on what its made of.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Aliensun

bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

You gotta get beyond the time of planetary creation and allow all of that hardware and artifacts to be floating around out there in the ether for a long time, maybe previous to the current body building. And it can last in the isolation of deep space for a looog time. Rather than accepting that a iron meteorite that fell in Arabia last night was just a chunk of a former body formed at the time of our system (which can cover a range of billions of years alone), assume that it was an old 'fridge from a devastated planet from some other system long gone before ours even existed.

I've done that, so it's floating around after the planet has acquired a solid surface and some form of atmosphere. A stationary object in space relative to our star's passage around the galaxy is still moving at what, 17 to 35 miles per second? So if we act like a giant vacuum cleaner, assuming the objects are not pulled into the Sun's gravity well, the object in question will hit the atmosphere at 17 to 35 miles per second, in which case it will heat up pretty fast and melt. So formed objects like wrenches, spark plugs, bolts and refrigerators are as you say coming down as a blob and indistinguishable from anything other than random meteorites.

For complete manufactured items to show up whole in lumps of coal millions of years old, is indicative of past civilization here on earth. I'll take 4 points and go with the Hopi and Anasazi Indian oral traditions, that we have had incredibly advanced civilizations on the planet, probably all human, that destroyed themselves through their own arrogance or stupidity. Much like we are doing today.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Interesting thinking, but i doubt it could be correct.

For one thing, a lot of these objects are found in coal deposits that are relatively young, compared to the age of the formation of the Earth.

The plants and creatures that eventually formed the coal seams...were obviously already living on this planet. If the objects are in the coal, they must be from the time the coal was forming...long after the Earth formed IOW.

Besides that, physical objects would never have survived intact during the inferno that would have been a newly formed planet, even if they could have somehow survived the destruction of their home planets.

How about time portals or worm holes swallowing up and transporting these objects?

This might explain some or all of these objects if a previous high tech and long forgotten civilisation isn't doing it for you?

Still far fetched, but remotely plausible.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Fylgje
I believe the oop arts were made here on earth by former civilizations. I mean, how would a vase make it through earths atmosphere and land in a swamp? One was found in a coal seam here in WV. I've heard that others have been found but not reported. Probably sitting on some robber barons shelf. I think there was intelligent civilizations before and we are finding little traces of them. I absolutely love oop arts.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

^ This.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Good answer....what's your background Dave? Did you study physics in academia or are you an enthusisst/self taught?
I ask this as your posts are always well informed with good examples to back up your arguments.....

I find it hard believe that any civilisation reaching our level of technological complexity would not leave behind some sort of mess that we would detect as none natural.

We have poluted the Earth, Sea, Space and the near Planets with our crap and some of it will take millions of years to degrade to the point of appearing like natural phenomena (high orbit sattelites/nuclear waste capsules/footprints and tracks on the moon/man made diamonds etc)

Saying that, if we start to think in Billions rather than millions (pre civilisation disapeared into space/into a virtual reality 1 billion years ago) they could well have just manufactured self replicating nano machines to break down all man made objects into base elements with the final job being to erase themselves.

Yet to see one artifact that is properly "out of place " (assuming that much of history was revised to suit the lords of the printing press and humans didnt suddenly start becoming intelligent 2000 years ago).

The Antikythera mechanism is a good candidate as no one in the world repeated it's structure until the 14th century but the evidence suggests someone, somewhere (possibly now under water) knew how to build complex machines long before the Greeks/Romans/Egyptians/Sumerians/Indus Valley suspects.

edit on 15-4-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Jukiodone
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Good answer....what's your background Dave? Did you study physics in academia or are you an enthusisst/self taught?
I ask this as your posts are always well informed with good examples to back up your arguments.....

Engineering, artificial intelligence, particle physics, weapons systems, honorary PhD (only) for my work in plasma transmission and ring lasers in EMP cannons.

I find it hard believe that any civilisation reaching our level of technological complexity would not leave behind some sort of mess that we would detect as none natural.

It only takes a few hundred years to wash away the surface stains, another hundred thousand to put pretty much everything below ground and out of site. Everything breaks down to it's ground state, even in classical physics, entropy always reduces order to chaos.

We have poluted the Earth, Sea, Space and the near Planets with our crap and some of it will take millions of years to degrade to the point of appearing like natural phenomena (high orbit sattelites/nuclear waste capsules/footprints and tracks on the moon/man made diamonds etc)

The biggest problem is nuclear waste, but after 10k or 20k years, even that tends to go away somewhat, after 100k, it's all but dispersed. One area that is very interesting is the Indus Valley in India. That layer of radioactive material on top of a town buried for more than 12,000 years is a dead giveaway and no one has adequately explained it occurring as a natural event. Of course there are the legends (history, Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita) of India that speak of an incredible nuclear war in that area (Harappa and Mohenjo Daro Excavations). Coincidence? Who knows, if only the rocks could speak, eh. Oppenheimer even quoted from the old texts after the nuclear bomb was created in the US, "I am Shiva and I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." A hint maybe from people in the "know."

Saying that, if we start to think in Billions rather than millions (pre civilisation disapeared into space/into a virtual reality 1 billion years ago) they could well have just manufactured self replicating nano machines to break down all man made objects into base elements with the final job being to erase themselves.

We already have the nano machines, they are called bacteria ;-) As far as a virtual reality, I am quite convinced we already exist in one and we are just riders on meat-puppet-buses, there is no free will. I presume this due to the way Bell's Theorem works, you know, that spooky action at a distance makes it pretty easy to use the event horizon of the universe as a projector to create the interference patterns of bosons that in our case coalesce into matter rather than just photons producing light based holograms? I have performed all lot of work with the NRC and universities in quantum gateways (ER/EPR solutions) for quantum tunneling communications in non local space over vast distances and adiabatic reactors producing BECs (Bose Einstein Condensates and micro singularities), also for quantum communications, zero point energy creation and macro particle fusion using dynamic magnetic fields operating at rotational speeds just over C (look Ma, no moving parts ;-) ).

As far as destroying our own civilization (or our past ones), not a hard job I imagine. Pollute with chemicals to force low to no birth rates, GMO's to alter vegetation to the point that conventional agriculture is non-viable, curtail natural sociological process to also reduce birthrates and destroy co-operation through singularism and materialism, divide people along ideological, religious or other lines, accelerated wars with technology that can easily destroy the entire planet, etc., we are doomed to repeat the errors of our past because our past is either hidden or the history is controlled. But we'll start again, maybe 100k years from now with a survivor population of less than 10,000 people after this civilization collapses, along maybe, hopefully, a different path. Or maybe a million or two million years as a different species. The nice thing about a virtual reality, is it is predictable and modifiable to suit the experiment or the learning curve that is required by the designer of the experiment. Unfortunately, because we don't live outside the "system" of reality, we cannot divine the purpose or reason behind the reality.

Yet to see one artifact that is properly "out of place " (assuming that much of history was revised to suit the lords of the printing press and humans didnt suddenly start becoming intelligent 2000 years ago).

There have been so many artifacts that have been out of place, including what looks like fully formed spark plugs with hex nut fittings on them in 150 million year old coal. The Antikythera machine is another as you mention, but that is recent history. Fossilized mud showing human and dinosaur footprints as well as images carved on temple walls was showing people walking with dinosaurs and then there are all of those funny little models of solid gold flying machines (recent history like the Antikythera). As I said, the history has been hidden and the only reliable record I have seen that has not been polluted by the "victors" is the Hopi and Anasazi. But then I also prefer North American Indian ideology, think seven generations ahead and leave the land better than you found it, we are simply stewards on a journey home.

The Antikythera mechanism is a good candidate as no one in the world repeated it's structure until the 14th century but the evidence suggests someone, somewhere (possibly now under water) knew how to build complex machines long before the Greeks/Romans/Egyptians/Sumerians/Indus Valley suspects.

edit on 15-4-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

We exist in an interesting time ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/15.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle
It only takes a few hundred years to wash away the surface stains, another hundred thousand to put pretty much everything below ground and out of site. Everything breaks down to it's ground state, even in classical physics, entropy always reduces order to chaos.

This is exactly why I feel there is an extremely high probability that civilization is cyclical and has risen and fallen probably many times. Also, people forget how extremely large Earth actually is and we have explored and investigated statistically very little of it. Especially when talking about the interior of Earth, which we really know very little about.

I believe these items, as well as certain megalithic sites(not all) may be remnants of a proto civilization. To myself, it seems more probable than being part of the accretion process.

The idea presented in this thread is interesting for sure, thanks Op. S&F.

edit on 4/15/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys.
like i said, it was just a theory.
And Dave, i like your way of thinking.
Esp: " But then I also prefer North American Indian ideology, think seven generations ahead and leave the land better than you found it, we are simply stewards on a journey home."

Such a shame in this day and age it's easier said than done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join