It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

We are a Republic not a Democracy people. Our fore Fathers for what they did for us and our Freedom is overturned by the act of 1871 and The Fourteenth Amendment. Also the Act of 1913 The Federal Reserve Bank makes us back under British Law.

The Fourteenth Amendment has had precisely the effect that its nineteenth-century Republican party supporters intended it to have: it has greatly centralized power in Washington, D.C., and has subjected Americans to the kind of judicial tyranny that Thomas Jefferson warned about when he described federal judges as those who would be "constantly working underground to undermine the foundations of our confederated fabric." It's time for all Americans to reexamine the official history of the "Civil War" and its aftermath as taught by paid government propagandists in the "public" schools for the past 135 years.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

olaru12

rickymouse
I think everyone on ATS knows that it is like that already. They may not have known the name of it though.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I'm not so sure. In the political threads and mudpit; partisanship divided along party lines still seems to be the operating principal.

I see ATS as becoming increasingly theocratic, conservative and ultra right with most members still adhering to the status quo and pointing fingers at the opposite party instead of the real power in America the facist Corporate Oligarchy military industrial complex neocon scum.

This directive from the mod squad seems to be completely ignored imo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I'm glad someone finally pointed this out. This place has become a mouthpiece for ultra rightwing tea party types, convinced the "gubment" is out to take their bibles and guns. They are angry but angry at the wrong people. Deny ignorance? More like wallow and rejoice in it.

I am a skeptic by nature, and almost never post but I've been reading here since around 2005 or 2006 I can't remember. It was a great place to come and read about everything from philosophy to theology, and everything from bigfoot to aliens to ghosts and hobbits. Science and history, I mean it was so great. Now I have to really dig through the front page to find something that isn't something about Obama causing this or that. Depressing really.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Anonex because: just wanted to add a bit

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

amfirst1
reply to post by poet1b

Although the fake right is lame and part of the problem the left is driving most of the agenda and the fake right supports them. The further left we go the closer to authoritarianism.

who represents the real right in your mind?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

mahatche

amfirst1
reply to post by poet1b

Although the fake right is lame and part of the problem the left is driving most of the agenda and the fake right supports them. The further left we go the closer to authoritarianism.

who represents the real right in your mind?

Both the left and the right are lead by elitist propaganda with a globalist agenda.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo96
The biggest 'oligarchs' in this country is the PEOPLE themselves, and when they cry about how they 'don't have enough' they use mob rule( democracy) to give themselves MORE STUFF.

Back to the endless corporate vilification.

What you're describing would be ochlocracy or laocracy, not oligarchy.

And the criticism here is mostly aimed at corporatism, not corporations in general.

Just saying... terminology matters.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The scary part of this is when too many Americans get brainwashed because of the 24/7 propaganda force fed to them by the corporate spoon, they begin to believe it and start to say,"but it's the law so I must obey" A brainwashed society usually doesn't vote in there own best interest, so within a matter of time the dumbed down society is almost begging for it's own demise. Let's all wake up and realize that if our rights continue to be deleted and another generation passes before we can change it, there will be a Father somewhere explaining to his son or daughter about this great thing he once knew about, and it was called "THE CONSTITUTION"

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I feel simply aweful about not responsing and keeping up with thread. In my defense, it has been tax time and now that it's over mostly and now that the unorganized "need quick fix for taxes" people are taken care of and cannot be convinced that keeping books consistantly has many advantages, I'm hustle for new 'long view' clients.

I've always believed in long view organized right-wing (fascist) take over of the USA, but am generally more interested in the means by which 'We The People' can regain a modicum of power and hense will direct you all to Move to Amend. An initiative to Add a new amendment (and many cities and states have already made such resolutions) to the constitiution to strip corporations of their 'personhood' and to break the 'money = speak' bind. This is actually an independent initiative supported by left, right and center. You can find information here: movetoamend.org.... And here is their mission statement:

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling and other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.

I came on line to post another article on economics to stimulate discussion and add to my meager knowledge of economics with a title that's hard to resist: "Was Marx Right?". truth-out.org...

The comments to the piece are particularly helpful and can shed some futhre insight into the content of this thread.

A short quote from the comments section which I didn't know and find facinating about how Marx defined class as opposed to the fuzzy definitions used by capitalists (Middle Case and so forth).

One thing Marx wouldn't have done, that Klein does right away, is use the non-classification term "middle class", which has no set definition. It bases on wealth/income, rather than one's relation to the means of production—a relation which actually serves to clearly explain class power and distribution of wealth. Marx used class to determine where one sat in relation to the overall structure of the system, not their financial worth. This is why "middle class" is an meager yardstick by comparison.

Another quote, this time from the article and right in line with the 'strategy of the Powell Memo':

truth-out.org...

I'm wading though the comments one by one as I will eventually get to all the comments on this thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

rock427
The fix is a lot easier than people think. Get rid of life time (career) politicians by enforcing term limits on ALL levels of government. Also get rid of government pensions after they serve...or at least make it a short-term benefit like 5 years after service, or whatever. After that, you integrate back into the workforce and figure it out on your own like all the other people in this country.

That would only INCREASE public servants reliance on our corporate citizens. Politicicos are already bought and paid for at every level of governmnet.

Money is not speech.
Corporations are not people.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The only 1 who knows the

The United States Isn't a Country— It's a Corporation! by Lisa Guliani

We belong to the World Bankers....

The city I live in, Los Angeles, pays over half of their revenues to 'service debt'. The city is unable to provide desperately needs services Fire, Police, Water, Power (a large part of the city is served by the DWP - owned and operated by the city - still among the lowest rates in the country), Street Maintenance, Schools - you get the idea.

Lately the city has been seriously considering a pulic city bank - run by Cititzens for the Citizens. Banking should be a public service with profits folded back into the local economy and not taken out of the local economy and funneled to off shore accounts (look at North Dakota).

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
uh america is waking up..nice to see.

I hope you spread this until the people who are hypnotized in their "patriotic" thinking wake up and see that they are just slaves (treated as, hypnotized in this state.) ...
edit on 16-4-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

ABSOLUTELY INDEED . . . . DREADFULLY INDEED.

AS documented in their own words in their quotes from a variety of documented sources compiled here:

twoday.net...

For example:

30."From the days of Sparticus, Wieskhopf, Karl Marx, Trotsky, Rosa Luxemberg, and Emma Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire." Winston Churchill, stated to the London Press, in l922.

31."We are at present working discreetly with all our might to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local nation states of the world." [history] Professor Arnold Toynbee, in a June l931 speech before the Institute for the Study of International Affairs in Copenhagen.

19."We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent." Statement by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member James Warburg to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee on February 17th, l950

20."The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes." Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England, in a novel he published in 1844 called Coningsby, the New Generation

22. "In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. "An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

18. "No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation." David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations

87.Lucis Trust NGO officially recognized by the UN, incorporated in 1924 as Lucifer Publishing, identifies Lucifer as the "Solar Logos" (logos - greek for "spirit") World Goodwill. sister organization

12. "We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries." David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

15. "We are not going to achieve a New World Order without paying for it in blood as well as in words and money." - Arthur Schlesinger Jr., 'The CFR Journal Foreign Affairs', August 1975.

138."The interests behind the Bush Administration, such as the CFR, the Bilderberger Group, and the Trilateral Commission - founded by Brzezinski for David Rockefeller - have prepared for and are now moving to implement open world dictatorship within the next five years. They are not fighting against terrorists. They are fighting against citizens." Dr. Johannes B. Koeppl, PhD, former German defense ministry official and advisor to former NATO Secretary-General Manfred Werner, November 6, 2001

Four years later, the foundation gave a grant to Princeton University to study the influence of radio on different groups, and Rockefeller's General Education Board funded a study of CBS's 1938 broadcast of War of the Worlds, which was written up later as a 'study in the psychology of panic.'"[36]

100."The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists". J. Edgar Hoover, former head of the FBI

Folks who CHOOSE to

DISBELIEVE THE FACTS such as above

are

terminally or near terminally

LIVING IN WHOLESALE DENIAL

or are GROSSLY uninformed

or are GROSSLY awash in wishful thinking

or GROSSLY have their heads up their own dark space

or are GROSSLY sooooo brainwashed by the oligarchy and the dark spirits involved as to have no hint of independent will left between their ears

or are GROSSLY barely sentient biological robots

or . . .

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i would have thought the youtube vid of the chimp hacking the voting machine says all that needs to be said

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Danbones
the chimp hacking the voting machine

That pretty much is election day everywhere in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The authors of this historically important study are Martin Gilens and Benjamin I. Page

I just have one simple question. How do these distinguished scientists pay their bills? I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess they have jobs that are related to their scientific expertise.

Gee. What is a respectable scientific opinion worth?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's funny how an old, educated researcher thinks the USA is supposed to be a democracy. Has he never read our Constitution? Oligarchy and Republic are the ONLY two actual forms of government and we squandered our republic by thinking it was a democracy, now we have an oligarchy as a result.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am depressed now and wonder what kind of life my grandchildren will have. I don't have hope anymore because we will never be rich enough for the good things in america. Congratulations, the money people won.

For 63 years, I thought hard work and keeping the family together meant something in this country.
I should have been playing the stock market instead. Congratulations, I was a fool.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
"Democratic self-government does not work, according to Plato, because ordinary people have not learned how to run the ship of state. They are not familiar enough with such things as economics, military strategy, conditions in other countries, or the confusing intricacies of law and ethics. They are also not inclined to acquire such knowledge. The effort and self-discipline required for serious study is not something most people enjoy. In their ignorance they tend to vote for politicians who beguile them with appearances and nebulous talk, and they inevitably find themselves at the mercy of administrations and conditions over which they have no control because they do not understand what is happening around them. They are guided by unreliable emotions more than by careful analysis, and they are lured into adventurous wars and victimized by costly defeats that could have been entirely avoided."
- Frostburg State University, Plato's Democracy

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"The real owners are the big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians, they're an irrelevancy. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the statehouses, the city halls. They've got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies, so that they control just about all of the news and information you hear. They've got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying ­ lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else.

But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interests. They don't want people who are smart enough to sit around the kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting #ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 #ing years ago.

You know what they want? Obedient workers ­ people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork but just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly #tier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it. And, now, they're coming for your Social Security. They want your #ing retirement money. They want it back, so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street. And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it all, sooner or later, because they own this #ing place. It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club."

~George Carlin

edit on 4/16/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Anonex

I'm glad someone finally pointed this out. This place has become a mouthpiece for ultra rightwing tea party types, convinced the "gubment" is out to take their bibles and guns. They are angry but angry at the wrong people. Deny ignorance? More like wallow and rejoice in it.

I am a skeptic by nature, and almost never post but I've been reading here since around 2005 or 2006 I can't remember. It was a great place to come and read about everything from philosophy to theology, and everything from bigfoot to aliens to ghosts and hobbits. Science and history, I mean it was so great. Now I have to really dig through the front page to find something that isn't something about Obama causing this or that. Depressing really.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Anonex because: just wanted to add a bit

This deserves to be restated and restated again.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
they do it again..built tension against OBAMA..to give you the impression the next president is the solution..
no....
its not obama that is the problem

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join