It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guardian US and The Washington Post wins Pulitzer prize for Snowden revelations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Mods: Not sure where to post this.. sorry if incorrect.

Congratulations to The Guardian US and The Washington Post !

For a distinguished example of meritorious public service by a newspaper or news site through the use of its journalistic resources, including the use of stories, editorials, cartoons, photographs, graphics, videos, databases, multimedia or interactive presentations or other visual material, a gold
medal.

Awarded to The Washington Post for its revelation of widespread secret surveillance by the National Security Agency, marked by authoritative and insightful reports that helped the public understand how the disclosures fit into the larger framework of national security.

and

Awarded to The Guardian US for its revelation of widespread secret surveillance by the National Security Agency, helping through aggressive reporting to spark a debate about the relationship between the government and the public over issues of security and privacy.

source

Ohh i forgot! The biggest thanks go to Edward Snowden, that made all this possible

edit on 14/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

A pulitzer for a smoke screen project, how touching. Obama won a nobel peace prize as well lol

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

I like your quip at the end. Good one!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by kloejen

I like your quip at the end. Good one!

Wasn't meant as a joke or sarcasm. I fully support Edward Snowden

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
They deserved it. That's what journalism is all about.

new topics

top topics

join