It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banksy hits Cheltenham's GCHQ!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The "guerrilla artist" Banksy is believed to be behind a piece of street art depicting three shadowy figures eavesdropping - three miles from the Government listening post GCHQ.

Vince John from the 1loveart gallery in Bristol, which sells urban and street art, said he was "70% to 80%" sure it was by the famous artist: "From what I can see it certainly looks like a Banksy.

"It's certainly in his style and has the supporting cast of characters that you'd expect from one of his pieces.

"It's taking a swipe at GCHQ and commenting on the establishment which is something that he does very well."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hehe...Go Banksy!

I happen to know exactly where that street is, so next time I'm down there visiting my girls...I'll take my own photo!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yup that looks very Banksy to me.

Nice one, i love that person

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Love Banksy! Thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Biigs
Yup that looks very Banksy to me.

Nice one, i love that person

Yep, I agree. Looks very, very Banksy.

The funny thing about that photo is that I'd have thought that was just a typical random building as the image I would have is like the NSA hq. The building looks so inconspicuous but I guess that's the point, eh? Not so inconspicuous now though, lol, thanks to Banksy.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

It's the gable end to a terraced row of houses.....I've txt my daughters, so I'm hopping they'll take photos of themselves in the phonebox!
I'm moving there in the summer.....can't wait!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good to see him back at it, love his work and story. I did a thread on him a few years ago if anyone is interested.
Nice find!

spec

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by WhiteAlice

It's the gable end to a terraced row of houses.....I've txt my daughters, so I'm hopping they'll take photos of themselves in the phonebox!
I'm moving there in the summer.....can't wait!

Rainbows
Jane

Thanks so it really is tucked into a nondescript place. Rowhouses are pretty common, aren't they? I wonder what it'd be like to be next door neighbors to the GCHQ. Probably paranoia inducing, lol.
Awesome idea for the photos.
Keep an eye out for the art if Banksy doesn't move by then.

Really think he's a great artist. Love his stuff AND his attitude.

PS. If he painted on a building I owned, I'd keep it up.

edit on 14/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I absolutely LOVE this one.... one of his best.

edit on 14/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Banksy is my homie for life. We need more artists like Banksy. If you like Banksy check out Mear one, that dude is legit.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

Banksy is my homie for life. We need more artists like Banksy. If you like Banksy check out Mear one, that dude is legit.

Yeah, Mear one does some pretty trippy full on murals. This one was intense: i.ytimg.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

"Banksy" is a collective of artists, but you're right, I've been a fan for a long long time.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

jessejamesxx
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

"Banksy" is a collective of artists, but you're right, I've been a fan for a long long time.

Stop breaking the fourth wall!

*runs around in circles tearing hair out*

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Banksy in my hero! I love the voice of his art. I can't imagine anyone with the audacity to copy his style and if they did, shame on them. Good find OP and thanks for sharing it with us.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thank you all for your comments and links...it's very late here and I am off to bed...but rest assured, I will get a photo of myself with Banksy's work and post here asap!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It really bugs me that Banksy pretty much shut down his website and uses facebook now. It's against everything they stand for.

top topics

join