It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet Provokes U.S. Military Naval Ship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

rustyclutch
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah that would be the case if there wasnt a bunch of propaganda a few days ago about U.S. sends warship into russian waters

U.S. Sends Antimissile

We can pretend like its not a provocative move directed at Russia but everyone knows it is. Turkey is under no such threat of invasion.

The Russian-Syrian alliance is undeniable. The U.S.-Turkey alliance is undeniable. Powder keg potential. I hope not, but the reality is it usually doesn't take much to trigger a confrontation, say...like annexing the territory of a sovereign nation for example.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A Russian Plane Buzzing a US ship is not really a biggy, they have been playing these games since 45...A Russian missile buzzing the ship would be a different matter altogether.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

GreenMtnBoys
reply to post by TDawgRex

Cooler heads prevailed? Lol yeah really? If it wasn't for political rebels and real leadership shown by JFK America would have been knee deep in war with Russia. We actually had a President with balls and who was a real leader back then.

Um, JFK died back in '62. NATO and the Warsaw Pact didn't muck it up to much over the next 3 decades. Big Time Fail. And even now...it's a button pushing Nationalistic game that you seem to be falling victim to.

I don't hold much stock in those who consider themselves to be sovereign citizens. They seem to never grasp the "FULL" picture.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Turkey and Romania are NATO members, and have invited U.S. Naval ships into their waters as a deterrent to further Russian aggression. "

The only reason we are even having this discussion is because the United States cant resist the urge to park military bases all the way up to the edge of Russias Borders. This whole ukranian situation is Washington and E.U. funded. Is this not the same playbook we used for Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran. The Russians killed one person in a scuffle. Now lets put that death toll up against anywhere the United States brought "freedom and democracy". There is no Russian aggression. The new Ukrainian Gov outlawed the russian language. Their first acts of taking power were not to stablize the nation but to turn agressive towards Russia with Nato Financing. I dont blame him for standing up for ethnic russians. All I see is someone finally standing up to the Bully on the block. Im American. I believe we shouldnt even be over there. If you are constantly on other peoples land and in their business looking for something to fight about...chances are you will always find a reason to fight. This idea of american exceptionalism has to end. We cant keep feeling like we are the only ones in the world who can intervene in whomevers nation we please at will without other world powers taking offense.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is Russia's way of showing their own people the are a great power. They do it all the time all over. The reason NATO now has fighters in both the Baltic states (who have no airforce) and Iceland (no airforce as well) is Russia kept flying bombers at them. They do it to Japan, NATO states, Sweden and even sent a couple from Venezuala to do it to Columbia. It is what they do. Knowing that nobody is going to shoot them down unless they cross a certain line they then go to the Russian media a say see how powerful we are, they are to afraid to do anything about it. Russia of couse has intention of provoking an actual war because starting a war again an enemy that vastly out numbers you, out guns you, out techs you, out command and controls you and would dominate on air, sea, land and space is not something you do. You can do like North Korea does, make noise to get attention and hope to get something to go back to being good. With the Ruble still falling the Russian markets also falling Russia has to bring this thing to a head sooner or later and make the West get to the table to get a deal done before the Russian economy completely collapses.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Lol Russia is not the country in danger of having its gas cut off. I would say the United States and the E.U. are doing a lot worse than Russia. Anytime you are 18 trillion dollars in debt.......that means you have been in denial about being broke for a long time. It also means your awakening is gonna be a lot ruder when you are finally forced to realize it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Some pilot over there likely has bragging rights over the photographs he took. Most military jets that fly in a visably unarmed configuration have recon packages installed in some form or other. I suppose it's also a fairly good way (even in the literal sense) to say that they're keeping a close eye on us in regards to whatever is going on over there.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Russia behaving increasingly aggressive towards just about everyone in recent years

A sure sigh when you know someones wounded and trapped, so that's good to know

And good to see the US navy have acted highly professional, for a fencer to test a Arleigh Burke class destroyer like this is just suicide, but the navy still had to call the shot on a potential rouge threat

Chances are is it also served as a close recon to see what the destroyer was carrying, id say there was very good reasoning for this close call i would doubt it was just to poke fun and stick too fingers up

edit on 14-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

elysiumfire
rickynews:

Fox News is reporting that Russian jets have provoked a United States War Ship in the Black Sea.

Why are you blatantly lying about what Fox News said. It didn't say 'Russian jets' provoked a US warship, it stated that a Russian 'jet' (singular) acted provocatively, not in a provoking manner. The second jet mentioned, although in the area, did not take part in any of the fly bys. So, in fact, you are talking about 1 jet! Did you actually read the article you linked to?

Hey genius ..before you fall off your chair .. mind explaining the difference between 'acted provocatively' and flying 'in a provocative manner' ..??
and take it easy .. it's not the end of the world ..

edit on 4/14/2014 by junglimogli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

rustyclutch
reply to post by MrSpad

Lol Russia is not the country in danger of having its gas cut off. I would say the United States and the E.U. are doing a lot worse than Russia. Anytime you are 18 trillion dollars in debt.......that means you have been in denial about being broke for a long time. It also means your awakening is gonna be a lot ruder when you are finally forced to realize it.

You really do need to educate yourself as to how the world works. The US has had plenty of energy resources, but has chosen not to exploit them until recently, and that is only a fraction.

Russia economy is tanking...HARD! That is why they are looking to get away from the petro-dollar. But it won't work. The majority of the countries in the world still use it. And besides. even using local currency, it will still be converted into the dollar, but at a lowered rate...which is not good for the country involved.

But...I think the whole wide world is in for a awakening.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

MrSpad
This is Russia's way of showing their own people the are a great power. They do it all the time all over. The reason NATO now has fighters in both the Baltic states (who have no airforce) and Iceland (no airforce as well) is Russia kept flying bombers at them. They do it to Japan, NATO states, Sweden and even sent a couple from Venezuala to do it to Columbia. It is what they do. Knowing that nobody is going to shoot them down unless they cross a certain line they then go to the Russian media a say see how powerful we are, they are to afraid to do anything about it. Russia of couse has intention of provoking an actual war because starting a war again an enemy that vastly out numbers you, out guns you, out techs you, out command and controls you and would dominate on air, sea, land and space is not something you do. You can do like North Korea does, make noise to get attention and hope to get something to go back to being good. With the Ruble still falling the Russian markets also falling Russia has to bring this thing to a head sooner or later and make the West get to the table to get a deal done before the Russian economy completely collapses.

100% agree

Russia still sends out the 60yr old bear on patrols to skirt the boarder to let us know shes still here and withering away

I think Russia shows all the signs of a cornered wounded beast

She has problem and disputes all around her boarders, she is losing all her allies and friends, economy collapse and woes are on the way, nobody to buy her gas other than china which was suppose to be a holy grail gas deal which turned out to be just 25% of the deal it has now lost with the EU and many years away, if China had any sense they would string it out until Russia was broke and barter a gas for peanuts deal, it seems the Chinese have already got Russia by the balls on this deal with lots of more room for leverage from a desperate russia

its not looking pretty for dear old Putin... and Russia is only going to act more and more aggressive and dangerous in the coming years towards everybody including its citizens

If we want to keep this planet inhabitable... we must let cooler heads prevail in western governance and military alike, and only resort to using harsher and tougher diplomatic solutions and sanctions with Russia

Lets hope Russia will accept going down gracefully

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

TDawgRex

LightningStrikesHere
Does the US own that part of the sea? Or air space? sounds like FUX news is trying to make a Mountain out of a mole hill..

wish we had Access to record on how many times US drones violated "air space"

Just saying....

Think of it this way. You are armed and in a parking lot at the local store. Meanwhile, someone else is making threatening gestures and yelling at you, but pulling back everytime they get close to you.

Wouldn't that make you nervous? I think cooler heads prevailed in this case.

Thank God I'm not a Navy Captain.

"Attention unidentified and might I add unarmed SU-24. Are you really that stupid? Apparently you are so I will take this moment to educate you. You may have guns, but we can see that you have no anti-ship capability. So if you are willing to do a kamikaze run...good luck with that as we will blow you out of the sky without even breaking from our lunch. Without a second thought. In the meantime, have fun and thanks for the air show. It is entertaining."

I saw the Segal movie Dawg.. it was a good laugh. Anything isolated like a lone bird even at Mach 2 would be toast in the first pass if I was so motivated. Put the gatling gun on autospray and give him a fist full of 20s ROFL. As it was, you can't mandate stupid and the jockey on that sortee was ordered out either internally or otherwise with just that.
edit on 14-4-2014 by derfreebie because: autospray = 7200 Coke bottles a minute. DUCK

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Russia behaving increasingly aggressive towards just about everyone in recent years

Which the US of A haven't ?

TritonTaranis

You do know the cold war is over right? The wall is gone. Its supposed to be peaceful, collaborating countries. Why on earth do you then wish for Russia to be wounded and trapped? Hey! I despise the US Gov, but nowhere in hell would i wish for a broken and trapped country!
Is it something personal for you that you need to get settled, and in the same second give a huge big fat finger to the millions / billions even, this could possible kill.

And good to see the US navy have acted highly professional, for a fencer to test a Arleigh Burke class destroyer like this is just suicide, but the navy still had to call the shot on a potential rouge threat

Chances are is it also served as a close recon to see what the destroyer was carrying, id say there was very good reasoning for this close call i would doubt it was just to poke fun and stick too fingers up

And then the typical final sentence... Our boat are bigger than theirs! See how foolish they look! -
Yeah, and my dad can beat your dad!! - don't you see this mentality should be a thing of the past! It should be in goddamn black & white, locked away for good at some museum!

Sure shows how civilized we really are... and its really saddening

Have a good night!

My final hippie sentence...
The war is over if you want it - John Lennon

edit on 14/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

Putin is scared and doesn't really want to admit it. His country is falling apart...again. (In what, thirty years?)

If this cat stays in power much longer, he will do something that bodes ill will for us all. He's more narcissistic than Obama, but willing to act on it, that's the scary part.
edit on 14-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Is this the start of a Military confrontation or exchange between the U.S. and Russia ?

No, it’s just Putin toying with the linguine-spined POTUS we currently have.

Do you think Putin (or anybody else) would have been in Bush’s face? I’m not making a political statement by saying that…I’m simply pointing out that Obama has no clout. Nobody fears this wimpy POTUS who cries about people commenting on his jumbo ears. Everyone knows he isn't going to do a damn thing!

edit on 14-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

rickynews

buster2010

rickynews

dam00
Im missing something here !
If I stood in my neighbours garden and started shaking a big stick at him, and then he let his dog out in the garden,that would be him being aggressive and provocative would it ? lol

The Black Sea is in International Waters. U.S. Navy has as much right to be there as the Russian Navy.

No the Black sea is not in international waters. Most of it belongs to the nations that surround it namely Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia and Turkey.

Turkey and Romania are NATO members, and have invited U.S. Naval ships into their waters as a deterrent to further Russian aggression.

LOL how do you think thats working out then ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Maybe they are mad about this...

Could they have just watched Top Gun and think it's real.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

No mountain out of a mole hill.
To be buzzed like that is an act of aggressiveness.

The report expressly says the jet did not 'buzz' the ship, it also says there was no missiles on the aircraft. It was having 'a nosy', much like the ship is just 'hanging' around.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And in the end, NATO=USA.
We all know who is the biggest arms manufacturer in the world. The biggest exporter, and the country with the biggest "defence" budget. If you have forgotten, take a look here:
en.wikipedia.org...

So, lets imagine the SHTF, and all hell breaks lose. Who is going to be the biggest supplier to "NATO" regarding equipment? So no matter how you spin this sh*t, it's a win win situation for the US arms industry... again!

Not even taking into consideration that the battlefield will be Europe and Russia, far far away.
I don't see ANY "winners" of such a war.. we will all be losers.
Can you guess who will be standing with a big smile on their face after the conflict, offering to re-build "cheaply" ?

In fact, a war could probably save the crappy US economy once in for all? Maybe there are "winners" after all ...

edit on 14/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Well, since we don't seem to take over other countries oil/gas supplies,
we would have to make our money back somehow..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join