It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWA 800: A few Questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The other night I watched a documentary on Netflix about TWA 800, I have been aware of the crash and the conspiracy around it for quite some time, however I have never really explored it. So last night when i was watching this documentary I was utterly shocked at how strong the case was for supporting the idea that this was a Missile strike rather than a mechanical failure.

Below is a trailer for the documentary I was watching (was unable to find the full documentary on Youtube)

I was however able to find this documentary on the subject, its old but contains some of the same information.

This has really opened my eyes, I had no idea just how strong the case was for saying that a missile took down the plane. Granted it was not a conspiracy that I ever invested too much time on but as I was watching these documentaries I became more and more convinced that a missile shot down this aircraft and then the government covered it up.

The evidence appears to be overwhelming, multiple and independent eye witness observations including a pilot in the air who claim to have seen something that appeared to be a missile, there is radar data, evidence of evidence corruption, officials being silenced and so on. Its really quite amazing.

So my question is this.

Firstly, has the TWA 800 been debunked

And secondly any idea as to why the government of the day would cover this up?

Thirdly, why is TWA 800 not discussed more?

I have a few idea's myself but like i say, this is not a topic i know too much about so I am turning to my fellow ATS members for some further information.
edit on 14-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I read something about that just recently. It seems there was an Israeli airliner supposed to take off either before or next after flight 800 but a delay allowed 800 to take off. The story suggested the Israeli flight was the intended target.

Will look for that story.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Witness statements:

......"At aprox 2030-2035 hrs on the date of the incident she observed what she thought was an orange flare rise just above the tree tops to the south. southeast of her location. she estimated the explosion to be 20 mi to the south of her location. "

"The C. advised he witnessed the a red track emitted by a projectile approach the plane. At first he thought it was fireworks. He tracked it from 200 feet. He saw it go straight up the arch out and level. He thought two planes collided."

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You have every reason to doubt the official story on that event. A friend of mine was a flight attendant that had recently landed in Paris. The next day as they were at the airport to prepare for the return flight to the states, she said she heard a group of pilots that were in the air during the time of the mishap and they had seen the whole show, the rocket going up to the a/c and the explosion.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

She saw a flare shoot from the water. The flare went upward in a concave arc.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
For what ever reason my phone is playing up and doesn't want to view YouTube (I don't think that you have done anything wrong) any chance you can tell me the name of the documtaray on Netflix. I have an hours break to take later and want to watch it on my phone

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

if you just do a search for TWA 800 it should come up.

Very interesting documentary.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to

Retired TWA Flight 800 Investigators Want New Investigation

Investigators: TWA Plane Crash Report 'Falsified'

retired investigators claim that findings were “falsified”

“These investigators were not allowed to speak to the public or refute any comments made by their superiors and/or NTSB and FBI officials about their work at the time of the official investigation,”

The six include Hank Hughes, a senior accident investigator who helped reconstruct the plane in a Long Island hanger and Bob Young, a TWA investigator who was part of the Flight 800 probe

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The time frame is also interesting.

One week before the Atlanta Olympics.

A few months before the Presidential Election.

I have always been interested in this event.

Just look at the wreckage....It screams missile.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Boeing took the blame but got a bunch of government contracts to help sooth the pain. From a source not me

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

if you just do a search for TWA 800 it should come up.

Very interesting documentary.

Cheers buddy didn't realise Netflix would show something like that. Will probably have to watch it later now. Thanks again

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sorry flip I went into Netflix and searched 'TWA 800' and couldn't find anything can you remember what the name of it was. Are you in the UK?

Just noticed your location
ignore my last question
edit on 14-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Double post my bad fidgety figures
edit on 14-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Double post

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I never bought into the faulty wire in the gas tank bit. Had an issue with there being the right amounts of Oxygen and jet fuel vapor for an explosion. This doesn't mean that I buy into the missile bit either.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When I get a chance ill check that video out. Remember this plane crash, always thought it was a missle. There were way to many witnesses with the same story, its hard to discount them and believe whatever "story" the governement gives the public, just to shut us up.

The families that had relatives on the plane deserve to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I personally think there is little doubt that it was shot down and not blew up on its own. There is just way too much eye witness evidence.

Now considering your eye opening epiphany relating to this event and cover up, does it at all effect your opinion on 9/11? I am not trying to side track this thread or criticize you I am just curious how it effects your over all opinions on the U.S. government?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I personally think out own US navy accidentally shot down the plane and then covered it up. Clinton was embroiled in scandal at the time and heads would have rolled throughout the Pentagon and his administration could not have survived a PR disaster like that. That was the beginning of the end of an untainted White House and accountability. Sure, there were secrets and conspiracies before but this emboldened them and each successive administration has gotten worse and worse. Now they don't even originate the conspiracies, they only obey orders and serve as stooges. Bush was a rubber stamp, Obama is a cardboard cutout.
The internet, personal cell phones and videos, the right to bear arms, that's the only thing barley keeping them in check and complete tyranny taking over.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
An in depth investigation of TWA Flight 800 quickly shows that the 73 eye and ear witnesses only saw the event 18 seconds after the airplane exploded. No one saw the plane before the explosion-no one saw the explosion and by the time the sound got to the beach the plane had already broken up and was descending in 3 major fragments. The fuselage descended after an upward surge due to the engine thrust and the lighter weigh and both wings and both engines dislodged creating 6 different falling and burning objects. There has never been any doubt whatsoever that the eyewitnesses saw burning fragments of the airliner.

The Bureau's investigation was simply massive as thousands of agents and supporters fanned out to interview every single person within 200 miles-there were 11,000 interviews. The painstaking review of every single piece of ordnance that were on ships anywhere near the event. Even pleasure craft and sailboats were searched. Both lead Navy ships were forced ashore as every single sailor was interviewed-even Navy personal that were on shore leave. It was massive overkill. The pressure to find someone to blame-in a sense of terrorism-created confusion and having the same people interviewed over and over.

There are simply to many interviews to go through however a media research center found some interesting facts about them. The evening of the accident 53 interviews were made from pleasure craft, persons on the beach and up and down Long Island. What is interesting is the description and how it changed after 72 hours. Persons who said they saw lights and streaks of light coming both from the sky and from the ocean after 72 hours of media saturation came back and said they saw a missile hit the plane and it exploded.

Just fascinating in a sense that persons could be that influenced by watching the irresponsible media as they tried to exploit the situation. FOX news lead the way with panels of instant experts, talking heads and pundits who read from scripts by producers to "expand the discussion" and or wag the dog.

The autopsy report and the work of the medical examiners is puzzling as the number of passengers who had water in their lungs as if they survived the deadly effect of G forces and vacuum once the fuselage broke apart. These findings have been disputed as injury lawyers tried to up their take by proclaiming the victims were 'aware' of what was happening and they should get more money because of that. Disgusting but very American.

The recovery effort was incredible as 95% of the plane was recovered and reassembled in a hanger. Despite all the effort and monetary expenditures the final report is somewhat of a letdown as a center fuel tank explosion was about the best explanation that could be found-even then the spark that set off the fireball has never been fully explained.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Now considering your eye opening epiphany relating to this event and cover up, does it at all effect your opinion on 9/11?

I was actually going to bring up this point in the OP, however I did not want to turn it into another thread about my views regarding 9/11.

But since you ask....

The short answer is no.

I have spent years looking into the events of 9/11 and really only about two days looking into TWA-800 and even at that so far I have really only seen the story from the side of the conspiracy theorists. What strikes is is that the TWA-800 truthers (for what of a better name) put forword a much more robust argument than 9/11 truthers put forward (and yes I have watched most of if not all their documentaries). The first documentary that I watched on this subject had lots of hard evidence with really good whiteness statements that all seemed to corroborate each other then on top of that it had lots of interviews with the guys who were directly involved in the investigation of the crash.

Furthermore I do not find the conspiracy as far fetched as 9/11, it still has the same flaws as lots of other conspiracies but it does not require the same huge stretch of the imagination as 9/11 does.

I also happen to have some serious questions about Pan-am 103 and the role of the ISA and Syria, I question the death of David Kelly, I question the Moscow apartment bombing, and that is not to mention my questions around the work of the intelligence services and special forces. I actually believe a lot of conspiracies, and I write about some of them on ATS, it just so happens that I am a individual who cares more about the truth than the spectacular. Deep down I would probably love to get all excited about 9/11 being a inside job but I just dont see the evidence.

TWA-800 may turn out to be the same, its a subject I am probably going to devote some time now into exploring further and in the course of this exploration into the subject I may very well discover that the idea the plane was shot down by a conspiracy is just as wrong as the idea thermate brought down the twin towers.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The next day as they were at the airport to prepare for the return flight to the states, she said she heard a group of pilots that were in the air during the time of the mishap and they had seen the whole show, the rocket going up to the a/c and the explosion. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well obliviously she is lying or misinformed. I have every single witness statement from every single pilot within site of the accident and none of them said anything as insulting as a 'show'. The pilot of Eastwind flight 507 Capt David Mclaine was the closest to the event and described it as an explosion at about 16,000 feet altitude, 5 miles downrange at the 1oclock position. The Captain was the only witness out of 244 that saw the event as it occurred.

At 13,800 feet altitude and 9 miles downrange all the witnesses reacted to a very loud concussion explosion that was heard 20 miles away. By the time the sound reached the beach and parts of Long Island the event was 46 seconds old. After the explosion it took the airliner 51 seconds to impact the water and all the eyewitnesses saw the fragments and burning jet fuel during it's last few seconds before impact.

USAirways flight 217 passengers and a HH-60 helicopter pilot were north of the position and described burning streaks and flares.

One of the most interesting elements of the eyewitnesses was of the 104 initial witnesses only 18 knew(or suspected) an airliner was involved. Not a single person said anything about a missile until after they saw media reports. Most described flares, streaks of light and cheap fireworks.

The small amount of people who see conspiracy in this event and a missile brought down the plane have not seen the data-and like 9/11-have no use for the data whatsoever.

The scientific data of this event, as to what brought down the plane, is unquestionable and proven.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join