It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN publishes racist news segment about indegenous populations.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Goteborg
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I just can't get all worked up about it...the Maori and the royals, two groups I don't care about at all.

The reporter isn't exactly the classiest dame on the planet but the thread title promised an example of racism and I didn't see it, I also think describing that report as bigoted is a stretch but believe what you want to.

People confuse racism and bigotry all the time as they are close cousins. I could care less about the Royals as well but their response to the Maori put the dumb CNN newscaster to shame. You and I can disagree til the end of the world on whether or not the "report" was bigoted or not. I think we can probably agree that the reporter made a dumb a$$ out of herself though.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

daaskapital
I usually respect CNN more than other American outlets, but this is just utter rubbish.

Respect for CNN? Really? Do you like to be spoon fed MSM pap that much? You do realize that CNN was outed for publishing stories based on how much certain governments and special interests paid them? They are not alone in their blatant lies and propaganda. All of the MSM is controlled by insiders.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
LOL!! I had to watch this with the sound off ATM. I don't what the hell they are saying but the body language... HAHAHAHAHA!!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyFlatulence

xenophobic is the name of mainstream media. and by the way it's ; "Indigenous" An example of this alos would be to tell folks what never gets mentioned.. the MOhawks, the Cherokees and many other First Nations.. DO NOT use those names.. and the media doesn't use the correct ones.. IF a people cannot even get the media to use their correct name and sports teams still use Indigenous folks as "mascots" well..hunny we live in a racist nation. It always has been and always will be.The ptbs love to play folks off each other in a chess game with the dark side don't ya know. God forbid the natives get restless and accuse the ptbs and the media of the crimes they are guilty of.. OF course it's disgusting that is the media..

forgive the sarcasm..I am rather sick of my fellow humans today..not you just the narrow minded.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

nobody2u
reply to post by DenyFlatulence

xenophobic is the name of mainstream media. and by the way it's ; "Indigenous" An example of this alos would be to tell folks what never gets mentioned.. the MOhawks, the Cherokees and many other First Nations.. DO NOT use those names.. and the media doesn't use the correct ones.. IF a people cannot even get the media to use their correct name and sports teams still use Indigenous folks as "mascots" well..hunny we live in a racist nation. It always has been and always will be.The ptbs love to play folks off each other in a chess game with the dark side don't ya know. God forbid the natives get restless and accuse the ptbs and the media of the crimes they are guilty of.. OF course it's disgusting that is the media..

forgive the sarcasm..I am rather sick of my fellow humans today..not you just the narrow minded.

Ah lol a tactic that the romans once used Divide et impera or divide and conquor. Just keep em busy while they're fighting amongst. themselves then like vultures swoop down for the remains whatevers left you take for yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Once I read the words..."I usually respect CNN more than.." all credibility is lost.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
sadly that seems to be the priority of the American public. They are so self centered they only care about what their favorite celebrity if up to and could care less about actual news going on. They idolize the scum celebrity because they hate their own lives so much they have to see what others are up to, to make themselves feel better.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You will have no argument from me as to the real and persistent media bias in the U.S. media, specifically CNN, and others which promote and propagate a left-wing liberal bias.

However, as it relates to the video clip you posted, I'm not sure I agree with your perception that this particular story somehow demonstrates that Americans are "culturally unsound".

Jeanne Moos-CNN, is an off-beat Reporter that oftentimes mixes stories that add a bit of satire humor in every day life.
I could be wrong about her, but it seems to me that Ms. Moos' reports, which are usually down the middle and not necessarily an attempt of any political persuasion, may on occasion (but not usually) drift to a liberal bias. If anything, the video seems to be a disguised dig at former President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush while comparing the interactions of Prince William and Kate Middleton with the natives.

Perhaps Ms. Moos is just good at hiding her bias, but on the whole, I would have to disagree with you in that her report (as posted) should be considered anything other than an attempt to bring some humor to the viewer.

As to how Americans are perceived throughout the rest of the world, I think some media coverage does affect said negative perceptions about Americans, but there are also many other factors and dynamics in play that help or hurt the perception of American too, which are not necessarily fair or accurate, nor are they always based on reality.

edit on 16-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join