It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Keeps A Secret in Plain Sight: Hush-Hush Project Underway by Potomac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Can you work this one out?
www.washingtonpost.com...

What goes on beyond the fence is a mystery. The multi-agency review normally required to erect anything on federal parkland did not apply to the beige, metal buildings. The Navy, which operates the site at Ohio and Buckeye drives SW, calls the work a "utility assessment and upgrade" and volunteers nothing more. "Let's just say when they're finished, you'll be glad they've done what they've done," said Frederick J. Lindstrom, acting secretary of the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts.

here also scoop.agonist.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand... but that "American Gladiator takes on Fallujah" is funny as hell. Seriously, though, is this a facility of some sort?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
netchicken, here's a pic of the mysterious buildings

and check out these aerial photos of the site from Cryptome

Eyeballing US Navy Secret DC Facility

zero lift

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Im sorry guys, Im just not seeign enough evidence to point to anything conspiratorial in eiother the pics of the assosiated links to the site. Looks like a place where they keep gravel.

On the other hand why would the navy run soemthing super secret like that in the relative open when they could simply put it at say Norfolk which would have better security??

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The green truck in the pic looks like a porta-pottie pump truck. If this place was a true "secret facility", wouldnt they have thier own working plumbing? Also, if the Navy didnt have thier own plumbing installed, they would have DCmen in charge of waste removal, not a public company. I spent some time in the Navy, and not once did a public potty service come empty the poop off my ship, or my base. So the quetion begging to be asked is whats up with the waste management?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is not a secret Base this is a logistics office for the navy, I consulted a friend who works with a government contractor as a carpenter in the D.C. area. All it is, is a new logistics center for the navy department. The old one was across the patomic in a run down building and they waited for 5 years for the budget to go through for the new building.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
On those sattelite images is that a train bridge and tracks that run right in front of the structure? If it is I wonder if the train has the ability to stop at the new building?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Escape bunker for pentagon employees.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Any new word on what this ended up being?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just thought it quite interesting the Location and the fact that it is in the center between the whitehouse and the other buildings that were described in the Primary .. News Article ...Hmm

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
they couldnt be building a bunker there.

a bunker is too big, requires too much construction, machines, and manpower to 'openly hide' in a public park.

a secret accessway to an existing bunker maybe.. which would have a buried and sealed door and would be under the crappy floor of the utility shed left by the navy after they landscape it when they leave. lol.

wow imaginations are great. think up all kinds of wild # eh.

top topics

join