It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eco-Friendly Diapers Made From Jellyfish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Move over Brawny, there’s a new product in the works with the strength to get the job done, and it comes from the sea. Cine’al Ltd., an Israeli nanotechnology start-up, is developing a line of super-absorbing products made from jellyfish.

Eco-Friendly Diapers Made From Jellyfish

Who would of seen this coming? This is seriously thinking out of the "Box" (see what I did there?). An abundance of Jellyfish due to warming oceans spurs a pretty interesting invention that really does tackle a seemingly endless pollution problem when you consider the rising global population. Another snippet from the article:

"In the United States, a 1998 study from the Environmental Protection Agency found that 3.4 million tons of diapers entered landfills in that year alone. Cine’al’s president Ofer Du-Nour is thus hoping his product will kill two birds with one stone.

“There are too many jellyfish in the sea, and too many Pampers in landfills. Cine’al may have the ultimate answer to both those issues,” Du-Nour told the Times of Israel."

Pretty ingenious stuff wouldn't you say? I imagine they got rid of the stingy bits otherwise those might be some pretty frightening pampers!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How about turning humans into diapers, since they are so overpopulated?

edit on 13-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And why would use radioactive substances for diapers?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

BlueJacket

Pretty ingenious stuff wouldn't you say? I imagine they got rid of the stingy bits otherwise those might be some pretty frightening pampers!

I was thinking the same thing.

Potty training through pain.

Yea, I know that's wrong...but that there is still some funny stuff!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Jellyfish has no brain, claimed to only have a few nerves reacting to light.
However, the body parts are also life forms perceiving a feeling, only living on with the whole body.

Though, the same might go for the plants alternatively used for diapers.

Less Jellyfish = more fish = more early dying fish = more food for humans = more humans

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I was really just commenting on the ingenuity of the matter, not waxing philosophical, just bringing a little unexpected news for folks enjoyment. I would be interested in the "how" of it all.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oneoneone

Chandra Bose proved the consciousness of plants more than a century ago in measuring resistance under different ausipices, IE heat, sharp objects etc...fascinating really. Heres a linky to some of his efforts, a real marvel imo.

www.ebdir.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They will probably use those deadly jelly fish to make the diapers. Once the pee hits the diaper, you never have to change a diaper again. Eco-friendly

edit on 13-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueJacket

I bet the testing phases of this product was horrible for the babies. /sarc.

That is so odd where you can find innovation like this. What a horrible fate for the jellyfish. Good thing it wasn't ground up tigers or something like that?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The scientists are Israeli, right? Are you sure this is not a product being marketed specifically to the palestinians?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

oneoneone
How about turning humans into diapers, since they are so overpopulated?

That has probably already been considered. Let's not rehash the idea.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Woodcarver

I love you self appointed moralists, ridiculous the way you decide to pigeon hole peoples thoughts based on your own incomplete analysis. Ever just discuss something for the sake of learning?...I guess judgement is much more fun than intellect.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Oooh boy... I bet this will be the perfect potty trainer ! No more diapers necessary folks... we promise this will potty train your poopers in ten seconds flat.

OOUCH ! LOL

leolady

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Hehe I know right? I am just utterly flabbergasted by the notion that this was even stumbled upon. I mean I can think of any number of plants that can absorb say 9x their weight in water like the Psyllium genus (seeds), so what in the heck is up with settling on Jellyfish? It must be a by-product of another industry as late and theyre trying to re-label it for sale rather then loss.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

All joking aside...I like the eco-friendly aspect to it. Less than 30 days. That's an astounding change compared to hundreds of years so this could be a really good thing. Working with nature to keep a good balance is a win in my opinion.

leolady

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Even if they find slightly allergic reactions for using this kind of product ,they would hiding it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

BlueJacket
reply to post by leolady

what in the heck is up with settling on Jellyfish? It must be a by-product of another industry as late and theyre trying to re-label it for sale rather then loss.

did you even read your own source? you sound as though you have only to guess that it must be a byproduct, when upon reading the article you yourself linked it states quite clearly that to be the case,

the jelly fish have been increasing in numbers overpopulating, and clogging up the turbines of reactors that use ocean water to keep cool, governments already have to frequently clean the waters of the jelly fish in order to keep their turbines unclogged, disposing of the jellyfish is costly, this is the new method to find a way to sell those jelly corpses rather then pay to dispose of them,

its just like the fluoride market, costly byproduct to dispose of but put it in toothpaste / water supply and it becomes a product that can be sold.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
From an ecological point of view, the diapers are a good idea: Hydromash is dry, flexible, strong, biodegradable and really absorbent. Much better than the diapers that are used right now (although the cotton washable ones are better, but what a pain for the parents!)

Some may complain that it is not fair on the jellyfish, why kill them for our convenience? (or the planet convenience).
I just did a quick research and apparently jellyfish are a menace to the planet and their numbers need to be controlled.
If that is correct and jellyfish are going to be killed anyway, then I think the diapers are a good idea.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

pryingopen3rdeye

BlueJacket
reply to post by leolady

what in the heck is up with settling on Jellyfish? It must be a by-product of another industry as late and theyre trying to re-label it for sale rather then loss.

did you even read your own source? you sound as though you have only to guess that it must be a byproduct, when upon reading the article you yourself linked it states quite clearly that to be the case,

the jelly fish have been increasing in numbers overpopulating, and clogging up the turbines of reactors that use ocean water to keep cool, governments already have to frequently clean the waters of the jelly fish in order to keep their turbines unclogged, disposing of the jellyfish is costly, this is the new method to find a way to sell those jelly corpses rather then pay to dispose of them,

its just like the fluoride market, costly byproduct to dispose of but put it in toothpaste / water supply and it becomes a product that can be sold.

What is it with you people that think you sound smarter trying to make it look like someone else did not do due diligence. Since it's seemingly apparent you have no real experience in industry...let me rephrase: Whats the REAL source of the by-product in another industry IE are they getting netted during Tuna fishing...come on, does your life improve somehow trying to bring people down, or do you actually use your mind and think beyond one dimension?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Japanese Bindweed and various Nightshades are also propagating greatly...wheres the diapers? Some people should just stay in their Mom's basement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join