It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Unbelievable Places To Visit Before You Die. Breath-taking Photos!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
My cousin was telling me about this website she came across, so I got online and checked it out.
WOW! She was right! This site does have some breath-taking photos!

I wanted to share a few here, but due to their size, you will have to click on the source link to see all thirty-three. They are AMAZING!!!!
news.distractify.com...

Can anyone possibly pick a favorite?

If anyone has amazing photos of their own they would like share with us, please do.

These colourful rock formations are the result of red sandstone and mineral deposits laid down over 24 million years. Wind and rain then carved amazing shapes into the rock, forming natural pillars, towers, ravines, valleys and waterfalls. laboiteverte.fr

These unqiuely tall and thin mountains are so alien that they were used in James Cameron’s “Avatar.” Formed underwater 380 million years ago, the flow destroyed surrounding sandstone, leaving only resilient stone pillars. Some of the columns have reached over 4,000 feet above sea level.
michaelyama#a.com

Plitvice National Park is the largest of its kind in Croatia and the oldest in Southeast Europe. Over thousands of years, water flowing over limestone and chalk created natural dams and eventually, beautiful lakes, caves and waterfalls.
whc.unesco.org

This canyon was formed by millions of years of flowing water that carved out a deep, yet narrow crevice. Since significantly less light makes it down to the deeper depths, the walls often appear to be different colors.
wikipedia.org

Due to its extensive habitat of fauna and flora, this flowing river appears in yellow, green, blue, black and red as you travel along it. The rocks here are around 1.2 billion years old, and those who visit call it the most beautiful river in the world.
wikipedia.org

The isolated highlands of Iceland have some of the most superb natural sights in the Northern Hemisphere. The mindblowing glaciers, craters, lakes and geysers are breathtaking by day, but when night falls, the area becomes one of the best places to witness the aurora borealis.
earthporm.com

This lake has a uniquely high salt content. Salt-loving microorganisms thrive and produce red pigment, colorizing the water. For other animals, the salt is deadly and many calcify (effectively turning into stone) after taking a dip in the water.
abduzeedo.com

I hope you'll go check out the rest of the photos on the website. They are all amazing!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

sled735

Can anyone possibly pick a favorite?

Definitely not! They all look like such magical places to visit. What a boring little corner of Earth I live in

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Well, you need to move where I am.

We have some amazing places here too. I'll try to find some pics of my area to post here when I get up later today.

Good to see you.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for the share!
Truely some amazing places!!

I found this to be my favorite:

Sentinels of the Arctic, Finland

These sentinels are actually giant trees covered in snow and ice. This strange sight occurs in winter, when temperatures range from -40 to -15 degrees centigrade.

edit on 13/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

WOW ..what to say ...awesome places and so alien to someone from the east coast of Canada .That hidden beach cause by the bomb looks neat and private :>) thanks for posting ...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Very nice! One country that I was very surprised held a lot of gems was Iran. Search Iran nature in google images and you have many amazing sights.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

were you from you must be near to me to say that lol

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow its sad to think ill probably never see any of those places thanx for the share

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Along with some of the highest tides in the world the bay of Fundy is home to a amazing spectacle of the migration of shore birds .This vid give you some of natures miracle that happens in my back yard www.youtube.com...

ETA ..this vid shows the longest wave ever surfed that rolls up the Peticodiac rive from the tides of the Fundy www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

ETA sorry about that ..the wave vid posted above is not the one I was looking for , this is the peticodiac river boar that was surfed www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yes the underwater waterfall was the most fascinating cause ive never seen it and as I was looking at it I got scared haha...

Very cool photos!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Cool share.

I would renew my passport and get going -- if I could take indefinite time off from work and had a bundle in savings.

Not the case though.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The colors under the earth are wonderful at least in some places. Had visions of underground breathtaking "homes", cities, that took advantage of the colors, but used crystals to disperse light wherever needed, so the entire thing was aglow with both light and colors. Yet it was very high tech.

If it weren't for fear of planes, flying, would truly love to see the Provence, parts of Spain, Italy, perhaps Greece. Might not want to come back.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Great stuff OP, I think there are just two pictures that I had seen before. We could do with a lot more stuff like that here.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From a personal point of view, most of these places don't appeal to me. From a photographers point of view, well dam they are all good.

On a personal note, if I was to choose just one? It would be the Avatar set, without doubt

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here are some from my "back yard". My Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains... so beautiful! Just don't go wondering through them alone, you might run up on a Big Foot.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Amazing to be able to go surfing in a river. LOL
That water looks pretty dirty. Don't think I would want to jump in.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It looks dirty because of the turbulence in the river ..That boar happens twice a day .If you go upstream ahead of the tide head ,its crystal clear water .Great Salmon river in the past and they finally removed the causeway that was built back in the 60's .apparently after all these years theer was a run of mature salmon that went up to spawn ...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I love geology and would love to go to any of the above areas.

But before i 'kick the bucket', I want to witness for myself this cavern in Mexico with the world largest formed crystals

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

It would be so very very hard for me to not take some of that home with me.....

Sled, My favorite relaxation is a hot tub, in cold months, overlooking the smokies. Absolutely breathtaking.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Looks like those people are swimming in that pink lake. That freaks me out. I'd run screaming if I came across a lake that looks like pink paint. That just looks like something out of a sci-fi/horror flick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join