It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babylon, Islam and magic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In Sunni Islam they are opposed to the practice of "magic". When I hear that my instinctual reaction is to feel that the word "magic" is very vague and badly defined in the context. And that makes me want not to avoid whatever appears to be related but instead research the subject as thoroughly as my feeble mind can manage.

Maybe the Quran is an allegorical myth and not a historical account.

Sura 2:102

And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew.

What is this magic they're talking about? Why are they against it?

How do I know if it's not the case that I am in Babylon right now, and all this interesting stuff I "stumble across" such as Kabbalah, Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Judaism, Freemasonry, Kundalini yoga, meditation and other things are this "magic" being handed down to me by Harut and Marut? How am I supposed to know what path is right if I don't study all kinds of things? I cannot sympathize with those with "blind faith" or those who say "I know the truth". If someone vaguely talks about magic I want to know everything about magic. If someone says Christianity is corrupt and led astray then I want to know exactly how and why, I don't just accept it because it's written so on a piece of paper or because some guy says it's so because he heard 10 people say so.
edit on 58430Sun, 13 Apr 2014 01:58:42 -0500201442pAmerica/Chicago2014-04-13T01:58:42-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

Allah.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

MX61000

Allah.
???

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Its called reverse psychology. Get the people to fear what they are not supposed to understand by the Masters, control the fear they create to use as a weapon against them. Difference between the koran and bible is different authors. Magic is not some mystical arcane deviant to any holiness or evil scheme. Its energy manipulation through willpower to cause change in something. Native Americas(not white race) called magic Witch Doctors. They used herbal medicines to cure people from anything and everything. But back then there were not corporations slaving sick patients for profit. To believe solely in a book by itself is a mental slavery, just like believing every human must obey Law because Authority is their Master instead of free will.
1. God is within, a lil thing called the spirit that flows through heart and mind.
2. Magic is only evil if the user is evil and wants negative results. Magic is also part of nature, its what fills the energy of the spiritual mother. To worship for the sake of worshipping is like saying: here is my energy master, do what you will with me. Learn to master yourself and magic is a natural thing that makes life a wonder to experience.
3. Never follow in the footsteps of any cult, no matter what god they talk about. Nearly all monotheistic religions have shed blood in the name of a ruthless diety for the hope of blind love. Like Mecca, the people really knew what they were praying and giving their energy to it, Islam would be extinct and populations would be reborn into a new paradigm where their energy would be used to create a world environment around them instead of enslaving their minds to Saturn and the tesseract.
11:11:11 Wake up homie

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
[
Different translation.

2:102 And they follow what the devils fabricated against the kingdom of Solomon. And Solomon disbelieved not, but the devils disbelieved, teaching men enchantment. And it was not revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they teach (it to) anyone, so that they should have said, We are only a trial, so disbelieve not. But they learn from these two (sources) that by which they make a distinction between a man and his wife. And they cannot hurt with it anyone except with God's permission. And they learn that which harms them and profits them nor. And certainly they know that he who buys it has no share of good in the Hereafter. And surely evil is the price for which they have sold their souls, did they but know!

edit on AprX61000 by MX61000 because: X

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

@ introspectionist....

How am I supposed to know what path is right if I don't study all kinds of things?
As the verse says...the ''magic'' was being used to seperate men from their wives. Its quite clear that it wasn't a good thing to leave in the hands of men.
edit on 13-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

MX61000
[
Different translation.

2:102 And they follow what the devils fabricated against the kingdom of Solomon. And Solomon disbelieved not, but the devils disbelieved, teaching men enchantment. And it was not revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they teach (it to) anyone, so that they should have said, We are only a trial, so disbelieve not. But they learn from these two (sources) that by which they make a distinction between a man and his wife. And they cannot hurt with it anyone except with God's permission. And they learn that which harms them and profits them nor. And certainly they know that he who buys it has no share of good in the Hereafter. And surely evil is the price for which they have sold their souls, did they but know!

edit on AprX61000 by MX61000 because: X
Interesting. Thanks. Where did you find that? I think it might be a good idea to learn Arabic.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

@ introspectionist....

How am I supposed to know what path is right if I don't study all kinds of things?
As the verse says...the ''magic'' was being used to seperate men from their wives. Its quite clear that it wasn't a good thing to leave in the hands of men.
But this "separating men from their wives" sounds to me a lot like what the elite is doing right now, this great social engineering project that the Zionists are running with humanity. I have been thinking that this "spreading of corruption" is actually a good thing, it's to spread evil, and that evil is enlightenment. Satan is Lucifer, the light bearer. It says there in the Quran that "the children of Israel" are not supposed to do this. But at the same time they are "God's chosen people" and their mission is to be "a light unto the nations". I want to know exactly in what way the Zionists are not real Jews and exactly what they are doing wrong. Until I know that I'll work with the assumption that those Muslims that are against the Zionists or hate them do not have the big picture, do not understand.
edit on 27430Sun, 13 Apr 2014 03:27:40 -0500201440pAmerica/Chicago2014-04-13T03:27:40-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Wrong. Satan is the god of Israel. Lucifer is Jesus/Isa. Everything you are told in the mainstream is false. Go check gematria, youll learn truth from numbers you will never find in organizations and books. Israels flag happens to be the pagan sex symbol with the solomon pillars aka twin towers(911). Their shrines/temples are called Sin-agogues. Also Islam doest the same thing with Shariah-666 in arabic logo, telling their disciplines to kill all non believers just as the jews say its legal and morally right to kill all non jews. Same master different flags, same cause, like Rome domination through bloodshed. Read up on Albert Pike. Third world war between Zion and Islam to collapse the systems and bring about 1 world religion. Enlightenment is something you find in yourself not any spread messages. The Light of Lucifer is the divine spark called the soul, free it from the chains of programming of religion and money, you find your salvation in the tree of life-Kabba(cube)allah(TheGod). Kabbalah-Jewish mysticism aka chakra awakening vs Islam Mecca(cube). And the cross of christ for Israel/Rome being the cube unfolded(Jesus ascending back to the Cube God)-Go through the Sun to get to the Father(Saturn)-Canaanite God EL.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

introspectionist

sk0rpi0n

@ introspectionist....

But this "separating men from their wives" sounds to me a lot like what the elite is doing right now, this great social engineering project that the Zionists are running with humanity. I have been thinking that this "spreading of corruption" is actually a good thing, it's to spread evil, and that evil is enlightenment. Satan is Lucifer, the light bearer. It says there in the Quran that "the children of Israel" are not supposed to do this. But at the same time they are "God's chosen people" and their mission is to be "a light unto the nations". I want to know exactly in what way the Zionists are not real Jews and exactly what they are doing wrong. Until I know that I'll work with the assumption that those Muslims that are against the Zionists or hate them do not have the big picture, do not understand.

See here's where you have got it muffled up. Israel were God's chosen people if they were righteous and lived according to the teaching's of God. Inheriting the Holyland was Conditional and if they corrupted themselves then they would be punished. After the second time Israel was destroyed according to the Qu'ran the Israelites were banished from the Holyland until the Messiah returned. As we know the Messiah has not returned and therefore the modern state of Israel from a religious point of view is illegitimate.

The Zionist's have no proof and cannot prove that they are Israelites.. Though some Jews in Israel may be from that lineage, the people in control of Israel are not. One of the laws in Judaism is as follows.

583. Not to appoint as ruler over Israel, one who comes from non-Israelites

So to cut a long story short, the Muslim's do have the big picture from a religious point of view.
edit on 13-4-2014 by 168617 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by G0v0D47

Do you know anything about the Qu'ran? It doesn't teach to kill all non-believer's or as I'm guessing you believe, non-believer's of Islam. It is quiet the opposite actually. The Qu'ran clearly states that anyone who follow's any of the major religions are righteous whether you are Christian, Muslim or Jew. An unbeliever is anyone who doesn't.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

introspectionist

edit on 27430Sun, 13 Apr 2014 03:27:40 -0500201440pAmerica/Chicago2014-04-13T03:27:40-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

That's a twist of words right there. For a start the jew in Israel are mainly ashkanazi jews not jews by blood, they are far from chosen, why do you think you have decent devout jews all around the world who are against(and speak out against) the Israel of today and Zionism? go and google jews against Zionism and look into it yourself.

Why do you think Jesus was sent to the jews? not because they were on the right path and to tell them to carry on with what they were doing that's for sure. They were far from God's Word and some of the most corrupt on earth, the bible tells us that Jesus even said they are form their father the devil, and no that's not a good thing as you've tried to spin it into above.

No offense but your assumption would be incorrect because the muslims certainly know a lot more about the big picture than what you have shown you are aware of here, and it's not just the muslims who hate the tyranny of the Zionists it's most of the world, it's just that the muslims seem to be the only ones today brave enough to do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

If you want knowledge, start with a Shia Muslim

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

introspectionist

The Quran was written 610-632 AD. Solomon lived 1000 BC.
The Quran is obviously not a historical account of anything in the Old Testament time period.
Nor is it an historical account of the life of Jesus. It counters the historical texts - the Gospels.
It was made up hundreds and thousands of years after the events.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

FlyersFan

introspectionist

The Quran was written 610-632 AD. Solomon lived 1000 BC.
The Quran is obviously not a historical account of anything in the Old Testament time period.
Nor is it an historical account of the life of Jesus. It counters the historical texts - the Gospels.
It was made up hundreds and thousands of years after the events.

Yeah, it was made up because Pagan's changed the teaching's of the Bible to suit their own objectives. The Bible is not a historical account and because of it's forgery has no legitimacy what so ever. It's a Pagan's religion and an insult to God.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Yeah, it was made up because Pagan's changed the teaching's of the Bible to suit their own objectives.

So you admit that the Qu'ran is a fictional work? Good. Glad to hear it.
Reality - the Qu'ran isn't a historical document. The writer of the Qu'ran changed the teachings of Judaism and Christianity and the Zoroastrian religion to suit his own agenda ... making it up as he went along ... just as you accuse the writers of the bible of doing.

The Bible is not a historical account and because of it's forgery has no legitimacy what so ever. It's a Pagan's religion and an insult to God.

I'm sure that your Imams love to preach that in order to keep everyone believing in Islam. Afterall, if Christianity is correct about the life of Jesus, then Islam is irrelevant. The Imams can't have that ... can they? It would take all their power away. It's rather funny that Muslims don't look at their own so called 'holy book' with the same critical eye. The Qu'ran was invented by taking bits and pieces from Christianity, Judaism, Paganism, and Zoroastrianism ... It's just plagiarism with a twist and a sprinkling of agenda on top for flavor. They changed the stories a smidgen to promote the newly invented religion of 'Islam'.
edit on 4/13/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts. I am not claiming to have the big picture, nor that Muslims don't have the big picture. I'm hypothesizing and trying to understand, questioning.

I want to go back to the Zionists or what is lumped together in conspiracy circles as TPTB. I have a feeling that indeed Muslims for the most part have reached a lower degree of spiritual evolution than what is required to understand what TPTB is, and what the purpose of it is. Islam as a religion might be valid though. Apparently the Quran is studied in Freemasonry... But it's only a feeling and I don't know anything.

What if the people in our outer world are a manifestation of the light from above?

What if we go through life living in separate universes? So that my soul might be in Babylon right now, but someone else's soul in in Egypt or Israel?

I think that "Israel", "children of Israel", "God's chosen people", "Jews", "Israelites" etc. is allegorical. It is perhaps genetic to a certain extent, that I don't know. But I think it is not limited to one "race". The parting of the Red Sea, the revelation of God to the children of Israel, the virgin birth of Jesus etc. are all allegories of spiritual events that each individual soul experiences at different times. We are all walking the same path though, upwards from the base of the pyramid towards the shining capstone and beyond.

I am open to Sunni Islam being right. But I cannot simply accept it and their view on America, the West, Israel, the Jews etc. It's something I try to understand instead of fear and judge. I use my own fear as a pointer to show me what to study. I guess that is the Gnostic path. And as far as I understand this Gnostic path is part of all major religions, including Islam, although perhaps not Sunni. But I don't know.

I'm not convinced by anything I have read so far, and that includes the views expressed by those who posted in this thread. But I listen to everyone, am grateful for any information, and as of now, don't follow anyone.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think the Muslim's would know a bit more about their history than some yank 20,000km away.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

@FlyersFan....
I'm sure that your Imams love to preach that in order to keep everyone believing in Islam. Afterall, if Christianity is correct about the life of Jesus, then Islam is irrelevant.
Islam perfectly mirrors the life of Jesus...as a MAN sent by God as the gospels teach. Christians who believe a man (Jesus) is God Almighty are proved wrong by their own scriptures.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join