It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I didnt mean there was no proof, what I meant is there are no remains of an advanced city with skyscrapers, or advanced technologie,

And you'll notice no such claims in Plato's writings on the subject...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
In my opinion the reason plato may not have wrote about the advance cities it may have had, is because he was never there (to my knowledge) and the story he heard was not the story from the origonal teller.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Atlantis a spacecraft? Hmmm I highly doubt that, i even highly doubt that atlanteans were so highly advanced. As i would see it, they were very highly advanced for thousands of years ago, but science is based on paradigms, and i think the atlanteans science was based on a different paradigm than ours, so i wouldnt say they were more advanced than us...
2 intresting theories i have read related to this topic is that atlanteans had a electrical system that gave free electricity to all of its colonies by transmitting energy through the earth itself, this is what nickolas tesla was trying to achieve. The other was the atlantis was jsut a colony of the Mu civilization, and that they were a highly evolved race of humans which if i remember correctly had four arms and highly developed physic powers.

All i can say is that atlantis will never be found just like the holy grail. But for some reason i think the best place to look is Antartica. By the way i hate how americans try to claim that america always possesed civilizations of great importance...just becuase your the most powerful country on the planet now doesnt mean it has always been that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I wonder why very few archeologist and anthropologist believe in the existence of Atlantis? Oh, that's right, because Plato's writtings are not proof of a lost civilization but nothing more than a blend of fact, fiction, and error. You will never find Atlantis, as it was a fictional creation formed in Plato's head. What do you people not understand?

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I suppose your entitled to your opinion, I still believe though that Atlantis existed, and was highly advanced.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A group of scientist are working on a theory that atlantis may be hiding under the sands. By marking on stones reveal at one time the Sahara could of been fllourishing with plants and life. In time the sands covered it up. As for a ship, I think Plato describe it as a larg land mass. But all possiblity must be examined tho.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
By the way i hate how americans try to claim that america always possesed civilizations of great importance...just becuase your the most powerful country on the planet now doesnt mean it has always been that way.

I also dislike some of the arrogance I've seen here in the US by our own media about our country and I'm an American. If someone is pointing at America as a possible place for Atlantis I believe they should point a bit south to South America. North America was covered with glaciers from the last ice age around 12,000 years ago. South America and areas in the Caribbean would have been much more hospitable. I believe areas currently underwater in the Caribbean would have been above water during the last ice age if the sea level was over 100 to 200 meters down from its current depths.

There is evidence of a huge ancient civilization in South America that would be interesting to discover more about regardless if it's Atlantis or some other ancient civilization. I've heard that the area cultivated on the ground could have supported a civilization of 100 million people on a tv documentary. The time of this South American civilization may have been about 10 to 12 thousand years ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ok guys heres what i know all you guys have pretty good ideas but if you follow history theres no way it could have been a spaceship because theres really no way plato could have convinced a entire civilization that atlantis is real because its hard to convine an entire nation of something like that because unless you count hitler no one else has convinced an entire civilization that something is real i have had dreams ever since i was a kid that atlans were real people and their civilization once ruled over the entire world w/b
adam
ps im only 16

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
atlantis was probably pangaea...i bet there was a civilization similar to ours, but something catastrophic, like a massive earthquake or a series of volcano eruptions caused the huge continent to split apart, and forcing the atlanteans into environments they would not have been adapted too, perhaps it led to some deevolution from their advanced ways, in order to better survive exceptionally cold or hot weather. if this were to happen, then it would explain why lots of cultures share similar construction and decorating techniques even though they are half the world apart. maybe we're on the verge of one of these huge events that drastically distort history, hell maybe even 5 million years from now new humans will be thinking the same thing of us but have no idea that there was a place once called atlantis even before us...

easter island may have something to do with it too, some correlation between that tribe and the ones on the west coast of south america, those cultures fascinate me

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Is it possible that, known at that time in history, technological advances in neighbouring civilizations meant that they had a superior power, for example the discovery of the chariot, metal work etc.
Maybe platos message was that he need to keep his local discoverers of the time, thinking, to keep up with the ability to defend, fear of the unknown would be a powerful motivator. It may even be that he wanted to prompt not just technological discoveries but also land discoveries

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

What do you people not understand?

That Plato said at least three times that it is a TRUE story.

That he gave precise measurements of size, etc. that would not have been necessary if a narrative only.

That he claims he used Hellenic terms for items, gods, etc. but that they were of a different culture completely.

That there is a geological location that exactly corresponds to Plato's details as given, complete with a local legend of a city destroyed by seismic activity and flood.

Another city, always thought to be a myth....the city of Troy, was recently discovered and has now become fact.

I guess THOSE are the things I don't understand....

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Plato was told of a civilization by a priest in Egyptian time, is this correct?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is a german non-fiction author pursuing the idea Atlantis has been a big space station. His name is Dieter Bremer. I'll try to give a few headwords to make his claims clear.

- Many myths report about disasters in the past most often accompanied by a (the) flood.
- All these myths are talking about some sort of salvation through a specific saviour.
- The myths mention some kind of advanced civilization often called gods.

The conclusions of D. Bremer are as follows:

- A big space station (probably 20km in diameter) was orbiting the earth in ancient times (at least 12.000 years ago)
- This space station which certainly was protected against asteroids etc. by battlebots got out of control and became a serious threat to the earth with all of its live on it.
- A special equipped, trained and probably bred "saviour" was elected to destroy the space station gone out of control.
- The space station was blasted by the savior(s) using some sort of nuclear weapons and major parts of it hit the earth including the battlebots and energy storage.
- The impact is responsible for all the disasters we know from the myths. Flood, red colored water (caused by acid sulfur) and even changed day length.

The space stations names are amongst others: Atlantis, Troja, Paradise and Jerusalem (the heavenly).
The savior names are for example Enkidu, Herakles, Esau and others i don't remember at the moment.

Further findings of Mr. Bremer are:
- The impact is responsible for the so called "Iridium Anomaly" found in the boundary between the Cretaceous and Tertiary periods, 65 million years ago.
- The impact caused the axial tilt of the earth, longer daytimes and in consequence higher gravity.
- The impact caused also the formation of the moon (at least in its current size).

Of course could these few lines nowhere come near to the details presented in the two books of D. Bremer. At it's best it's a starting point for further discussions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join