It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need advice concerning the neighbors dog.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Record the dog, loop the recording, and play it back all night long for the neighbors when they're trying to sleep, as many nights as it takes.

They have an obligation to keep a reasonable noise level, they will not talk to you about it, you have a right to have this addressed. The only way to make it happen is to make them come to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

That might be worth it. We went to the pet store but they were out of the whistles until Thursday. It is a duplex so it is just us and them. Technically, It is a main house with a Mother in-law attachment. We live in the main house and they rent the small apartment add on. There is a connecting door but it is locked from both sides that only the landlord can open. We are hearing the dog from there and through the walls and vents.

We have called the police a couple of times for drug related incidents, however, they refused to open the door and it isn't really worth the cops time to get a warrant over. I would never forgive myself if I got the dog killed. It's not the dogs fault it has bad owners.

Someone else mentioned capturing illegal activity on film. I had the opportunity once, even had my camera in hand for other reasons and totally chickened out because she was starring at me like "Go ahead, I dare you." I am still kicking myself over that.
edit on 12-4-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Goteborg
Record the dog, loop the recording, and play it back all night long for the neighbors when they're trying to sleep, as many nights as it takes.

They have an obligation to keep a reasonable noise level, they will not talk to you about it, you have a right to have this addressed. The only way to make it happen is to make them come to you.

I like this. Hubby does too.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I understand how you must feel. When I was teenager and still living with my mom, we had two barking dogs next door to us. My younger sister who has epilepsy used to have really violent cluster seizures at that time because of the incessant barking wearing at her nerves.

Forget the city, forget the police. They will do NOTHING!!! The people you want to contact is the county, once you file a complaint you will usually get a hearing.
In most counties, the dog barking needs to be recorded or documented over a span of time as proof, they wont go off of he said, she said. Get another neighbor involved because they will only grant an official hearing if it's two or more neighbors.
Also, proving that the animal is being abused helps your case. Is it being neglected? Left out in the winter months? Underweight? etc? In that case the animals will be taken instantly.

Contacting your HOA usually yields mixed results.

If you still wish to contact the authorities, most cities in America have a 10 pm quiet rule, when contacting the non emergency dispatch line after 10 pm, talk to the operator outside so he or she can hear the dog barking because this will give them a more of a reason to send the cops out. By you standing outside, this also gives the dog something to keep barking at. Hopefully your police dept isn't as useless as mine, some depts will issue a fine that continues to grow each time they have to come out.

I also purchased a high frequency device called PetAgree on amazon for 25 bucks. It works from up to 20 feet away, as long as your own pets are 20 feet away they wont hear it. Get as close to the barking dog as you can and fire away!

Otherwise, I hope they don't accidentally "leave their gate open"

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
When he come yapping and growling at your feet throw the little bastard in a pillowcase, and into the trunk with him. Drive to the country and release him around a house with children's toys in the yard (minus the collar). Dog is gone and you can imagine the dog is being loved by children the duration of it's life (even if it isn't).

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Get a dog.

Preferably one from a shelter who is up with 'street talk'.

When the little dog starts to carry on... take your dog for a little walk and allow your dog to chat to the nuisance.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Well the ultra sound does not work through solid walls, just so you know. It may work through the door though, or under it if tipped down. You want the sound wave to enter the area that the dog is barking in. I did notice that it bothered my cats a little, which I did not like, but soon enough the dog stopped barking outside.

But unfortunately we live in a duet, so I could still here the dog barking inside the house in the early morning, and late night. But at least it was not outside barking anymore because in the summer out here in California where it's sometimes 80 degrees at night, you want your windows open for a cool breeze, so it was hell.

Animal control sent repeated letters to my neighbors after I complained, there are laws against barking dogs out here, but it's a long process to get anything done. One time this asshole next door came over pounding on my door holding one of them in his hand. Well apparently he took my former kindness as weakness. Let me just say that he has never came back after I introduced him to the dark side.

So animal control told me to keep a log where I write down the date and time that the dog was barking every day, which was almost 24/7, I am not kidding you. Once that was completed, they set a mediation date for our neighbors and I. Well, I refused the mediation because it was an hour away, and I knew it would be a waste of my time. What was there to mediate? Just shut your dog up, period.

It's simple really, they can do one of these things.....

1. Have their dog trained by a professional.

2. Purchase a shock collar that trains the dog into understanding that barking all the time is not a pleasant experience.

3. Buy a muzzle.

4. Get rid of the dog.

I suggested all these things to the imbecile, but it was as if he just thought that I was going to just have to deal with it. After all, he lived there before me right?

Wrong! Our nightmare finally ended when we had our Lawyer send him and his nutcase Wife a letter threatening to sue them for harassment, and loss of wages due to lack of sleep. I processed loans from home back then, so the barking drove me crazy when I was trying to concentrate on working.

So after all that, the idiot finally buys a shock collar and rarely do I ever hear the dog bark anymore. Hey, a little barking is fine, dogs bark, but not 24/7. Nope, I am not having it.

As you can see, I have no sympathy whatsoever for irresponsible dog owners, they are plague, like stupid people. We all deserve a certain amount of peace and quiet during certain hours. What is even worse, is that the neighbors behind me moved in and the same thing started all over.

Luckily, this gal I could communicate with, and she purchased one of those hanging ultra sound bird house units, and the dog only barks when the batteries run out, but she is pretty good about replacing them.

Calstorm, I am sure you can go and speak to an attorney, and pay them a small fee to send a letter to those puke bags that you live next door to. Usually a letter from one knocks a little commonsense into their brains because it will cost them money and time. It worked for me.

Funny thing about the second neighbor's barking dog. It was the same kind of dog that my other neighbor has, a Puggle, a wretched breed. ~$heopleNation

edit on 13-4-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

calstorm
I live in a duplex, the neighbors have 3 dogs. One is as sweet as can be, one can be somewhat annoying because he often barks for long periods of timeout of boredom, but he isn't the problem.
Their 3rd dog is the dog from hell. The 3rd dog is a chihuahua mix. When I get out of my car to go into my house this dog will run up to me growling and snapping like it is going to attack. That isn't even the problem because all I have to do is stomp my foot and firmly say no and it runs away screaming. No, the problem is that when the owners are gone the dog yelps and howls as if it is in pain all day long to the point of driving us into insanity. I can't take it anymore. The owner herself is a psycho woman so we can't even have a civil discussion with her about it.

This kind of complaints are SUPER COMMON in the place I live.And there's many case that people just poisoning or torture those dogs and cats to death...
OP,your neighbor live in a dream ,in this dream ,she live in a house own by herself with the dog,and then you just jump out broke the dream ,of course she won't be nice to you.

SaturnFX
Dog whistle.
Buy one, and whenever it barks, use it. it will eventually realize that the annoying sound comes from barking and will stop the behavior...

For more advanced version...

Just remember though, your not trying to drive the dog nuts or hurt em..just teach it to not bark randomly.

Pity you can't simply talk to the neighbor and suggest a anti-bark collar

I think those didn't bark dogs would turn to paranoid for this.

Anyway,the download link of it:
play.google.com...
edit on 17-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you for all the advice. I bought a small hand held recorder and I am documenting everything. Still waiting on the electronic device to arrive.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

the camera's they have in car's can be had on e-bay for $30 + stick it in the window of your home

top topics

<< 1   >>

join