It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secret" Links Between Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Secret Links Between Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead

Note: Thread contains some mature content

So, I had a pleasant little chat when my awesome brother called from the west coast to say hi(!)

He and I are both Walking Dead and Breaking Bad Fans (however, he also happens to be a "Game of Thrones" fan, which I don't watch, but he's trying to get me hooked on it "somehow". . )

Anyways, he ended up mentioning something he heard recently, and with shock I immediately decided to look into it.

Below of some of the news that ensued (in a nutshell). Warning: Hold your hats on, It's a "doozy."

Link between Merle's stash of "goods" that he whips out in S2E2 of WD and the fact that the "blue stuff" at the bottom of his bag looks intriguing similar to the "blue stuff" on BB.

Taking out a plastic bag with Merle's stash to bring down T-Dog's fever, viewers can clearly see Blue Sky just laying in the bottom of the bag.

www.hitfix.com...

Suggesting the "Blue Sky" from Breaking Bad is what ultimately started the zombie epidemic in the Walking Dead series(?) -gasp

Could this really be true? Or better yet, a deliberate twist? (to be announced when?)

There's more that I have yet to look in to. The suspicious links are said to apparently expand to greater extents than that.

And then we have the spin-off to BB, "Better Call Saul" which follows the life of Saul, Walter White's rather unconventional, yet dependable lawyer through the timeline of his life before he arrives to the BB scene, scheduled to air this November...

...The stuff just keeps getting better and better

edit on 4/11/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Seriously cool speculation

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

These are 2 incredible shows that have talent around every single job on camera and behind it.

The "blue" would be crazy if it was what the govt in TWD season 1 used as the zombie virus vehicle, maybe through the water supply.

Also, combine BB and TWD, throw in a little Al Swearengen and Dan Dority from Deadwood. now that would be epic!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Dumbest theory ever. The connections made don't hold water. Walt destroyed the car, not to mention it was on the other side of the country. A lot of people say bitch so that connection is out too. There was blue meth in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, so of the basis of the theory, it should be included.
edit on 11-4-2014 by gippers because: mistaken

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I don't watch TV. Truth can be almost as strange as fiction.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gippers

"easter eggs" and rabbit holes...

edit on 11-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Indeed It is just speculative theory of sorts. It's likely an "inside joke" between the AMC Network that they implemented for amusement. But still fun.

Also, the Dodge Challenger is IMO, by default, a pretty widely-used and known car. So I don't think that was deliberate,
But for imagination purposes it would be interesting to imagine Glenn as the car salesman, and that maybe he just said he delivered pizzas before the apocalypse happened as a cover

Even so, hypothetically, one could easily imaginatively skew parts of the two shows together for fun after fitting some scenes from the two together.

However, for what it's all worth, one thing is positively certain: ____ is Jesse's favorite word ever. This cannot be disputed.

edit on 4/11/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I don't watch TV.

That's cool, because It's on your computer too, which you are on right now, Mr. "I don't watch TV."

reply to post by gippers

Walt destroyed the car

And bought a second one.
edit on 4/12/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Most definitely easter eggs. Some I noticed first time round.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Breaking Bad first Episode 2008
Walking Dead first comic book issue 2003

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Blue sky is not and will never be the start of the ZA on WD. I doubt it would ever happen, as even the thought of a WD plot blaming the blue for the ZA is absurd.

Blue sky is blue for a reason. It's the chemistry (no pun intended). Vince and the writers knew that they would figure out a different type of precursor and the methylamine and Blue Sky roles were born.

Walt, the wonderful chemist he is, does a P2P cook using methylamine. "Biker" meth, as it is/was called is prepared in the same way and is, in reality, blue. If you watched BrBa, you'd know that Walt & Jesse had to switch to a P2P cook due to the increased regulations on Pseudoephedrine. They were tasked with producing a larger volume of product to satisfy Tuco's demand and would need, according to Jesse, "200-300 boxes of sinus pills" .

Jesse further explains to Walt "there ain't that many smurfs in the world" in order to procure the amount of pseudo needed for that sort of volume. THIS is when Walt, who has already transformed into Heisenberg, in all his chemist glory, decides on a P2P cook.

These events take place in Season 1, Ep. 7: A No-Rough-Stuff Type Deal. It's actually one of the most pivotal episodes of the series, especially concerning the product and method of production. And the writers nailed it.

The superb writing of Breaking Bad allowed the plot to have multiple layers and interconnecting story arcs. Inanimate objects even had their own character. They had some very talented folks writing, directing, and producing the show, who wrote and worked together to give us one of the best television shows, ever.

So, there you have it. A few reasons why there is no chance that the ZA was caused by Blue Sky and will never be a plot, nor story arc, on TWD. The writers on TWD, not to mention Robert Kirkman, would never allow that. Neither would Vince Gilligan.

edit on 12-4-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

unb3k44n7
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I don't watch TV.

That's cool, because It's on your computer too, which you are on right now, Mr. "I don't watch TV."

reply to post by gippers

Walt destroyed the car

And bought a second one.

Yes but the second car he bought for Walt Jr. had racing stripes on the roof and hood. The car Glenn drives has racing stripes down the side. Theory debunked unless you are absurd enough to think someone would repaint a car in the zombie apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

OK, [mastermind of every topic in the universe.]

Thank you for vomiting all over my interesting, "imaginative" and speculative topic at hand and turning it into an annoying eyesore for others, including myself, to view. Thank you to those who did not shove a stick and were intelligent enough to see the topic for how it was meant.

4th post in and the destruction begins with blatant unnecessary use of profanities when 'alternatives' easily could have been used (the reason why topics end up stained for others), followed by Mr." I don't watch TV" DeRRR, accompanied by [you]

It's a new Record!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

You're seriuosly accusing me of using profanities? I only quoted what was included in your link referring to the similarity of jesse's favorite word and daryl's story. It was not directed at you and anyone can tell that by reading it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gippers

The threads done.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I can't believe you accused me of using profanities. The definition of bitch is a female canine and I never used it in a manner to suggest otherwise. You should not attack another individual's character just because we debunked the proposed theories so fast and easy.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I haven't yet seen WD and I am into 2nd season of BB. I'm posting this because I have always thought meth addicts are the perfect zombies. Skinny, skin peeling off, wild eyes and crazy as hell, brains fried and would shoot their own mother or forget they had a child. The images portrayed of meth addicts are scarily similar to any "walking dead" images. There is a massive meth "demic" currently and will be ongoing as long as the cash flows, so I guess there will be a lot more dead soul sucked beings stumbling around looking for euphoria.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i agree with your brother, game of throne is the best of the best with no contest, even from breaking bad.

it's adventure & entertainment yes, but it's also art, psycho-sociology with many shades of grey, a deep allegory of our societies and the way they are run and therefore a feast for any decent free thinker (they say conspiracy theorists, but it's a biased terminology)

a link between BB & WD ? since WD is from a comic book that precedes BB, it'd have no other meaning than creating the buzz

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

look up 7 things you didn't know on youtube about the 2. They have easter eggs and the same cars in both.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anHairInTheSoup

im sorry but game of thrones? We make fun of that so much, it is so dumb and unrealistic, even if it was about midevil times

top topics

<<   2 >>

join