It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Indistinguishable From magic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A black body is an idealized physical body that absorbs all incident electromagnetic radiation, regardless of frequency or angle of incidence.

A black body in equilibrium emits electromagnetic radiation called black-body radiation. 

The radiation is emitted according to Planck's law, meaning that it has a spectrum that is determined by the [perception] alone, not by the body's shape or composition.

A black body in equilibrium has two notable properties:

It is an ideal emitter: it emits as much or more energy at every frequency than any other body.

It is a diffuse emitter: the energy is "radiated isotropically", independent of direction.

en.wikipedia.org... (Black body)

Now watch.... science!... 

An isotropic radiator is a theoretical point source of electromagnetic or sound waves which radiates the same intensity of radiation in all directions. It has no preferred direction of radiation. It radiates uniformly in all directions over a sphere centred on the source.

en.wikipedia.org... (Isotropic radiator)

Or magic?

A magic circle is circle or sphere of space marked out by practitioners of many branches of ritual magic, which they generally believe will contain energy and form a sacred space...

or will provide them a form of magical protection, or both.

en.wikipedia.org... (magic circle)

More Magic.... 

Science... Black body

The idea of a black body originally was introduced by Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860 as follows:

...the supposition that bodies can be imagined which, for infinitely small thicknesses, completely absorb all incident rays, and neither reflect nor transmit any. I shall call such bodies perfectly black, or, more briefly, black bodies.

A more modern definition drops the reference to "infinitely small thicknesses":

An ideal body is now defined, called a blackbody. A blackbody allows all incident radiation to pass into it (no reflected energy) and internally absorbs all the incident radiation (no energy transmitted through the body). This is true for radiation of all wavelengths and for all angles of incidence. Hence the blackbody is a perfect absorber for all incident radiation. 

How does one create a black body?

In physics, a physical body or physical object (sometimes simply called a body or object) is a collection of matter with some common attributes, most important, the spatial location.

en.wikipedia.org...

Continuum mechanics is a branch of mechanics that deals with the analysis of the kinematics and the mechanical behavior of materials modeled as a continuous mass rather than as discrete particles.

Modeling the body as a continuum assumes that the substance completely fills the space it occupies. Modeling in this way ignores the fact that matter is made of atoms, and so is not continuous.

certain physical phenomena can be modeled assuming the materials exist as a continuum, meaning the matter in the body is continuously distributed and fills the entire region of space it occupies. A continuum is a body that can be continually sub-divided into infinitesimal elements...

Infinitesimals have been used to express the idea of objects so small that there is no way to see them or to measure them. The insight with exploiting infinitesimals was that objects could still retain certain specific properties...

en.wikipedia.org...

In common speech, an infinitesimal object is an object which is smaller than any feasible measurement, but not zero in size; or, so small that it cannot be distinguished from zero (O) by any available means.

MIB

edit on 11-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Ouch! My head just exploded. I read everything you posted, twice. I'm going to admit...I understood none of it.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Destinyone

Ouch! My head just exploded.

Another level.

I read everything you posted, twice. I'm going to admit...I understood none of it.

Des

Thanks for reading anyhow, thanks for reading any how.

It's about a black body... But it's a circle/sphere.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Destinyone

Ouch! My head just exploded. I read everything you posted, twice. I'm going to admit...I understood none of it.

Des

Don't worry.

Stuff quoted out of context. Barely understood. Superlative woo-woo.

The OP is analogous to Shakespeare's views on life.

To quote old Will, "Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing".

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

To quote old Will, "Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing".

I like that... out of context.

Full Sound and fury, but signifying nothing...

A blackbody allows all incident radiation to pass into it (no reflected energy)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Magic is tricks...science is tricks? Magic isnt real. Science isnt real?
Magic is illusions. Science is illusions?

Indistinguishable from each other?
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I'm still gluing my head back together.

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So...subatomic particles are black bodies?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

mysterioustranger
Magic is tricks...science is tricks? Magic isnt real. Science isnt real?
Magic is illusions. Science is illusions?

Mysterioustranger doesn't understand magic. Mysterioustranger doesn't understand science?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
So...subatomic particles are black bodies?

Not exactly. The subatomic particles would be the stripping/or sacrifice of solidity or structure down to inifantisimal peices spaced out, and the black body the realisation or awareness from the perspective of the space in between. Your avatar is brilliant!

Kind of like having a out of body experience, but going out and in at the same time... If that makes sense.

An approximate realization of a black surface is a hole in the wall of a large enclosure (see below).

A realization of a black body is a real world, physical embodiment. 

edit on 12-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Oh well that certainly clarifies everything.
Not...

I'm a witch I should understand this...
edit on AM000000300000000441538302014-04-12T11:38:18-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

There's a martial art called Wu Wei or Wei Wu (forget which) in which everything is embraced but nothing is held. Is this what you mean?

But that's not right because you're talking about something that absorbs everything but doesn't let it go???

There are really really small particles made in a lab called nano particles or ultrafine particles which essentially don't absorb anything because they have very little substance but which can collect stuff because they have a large surface area. There was an experiment where some nano sized metal particles were place in ice water and radiated with focused sunlight. They collected heat on their surface - tremendous heat - and actually formed a bubble around this heat to protect it. So there were these incredible hot spots within this ice water. Is this what you mean?

I think Kirchoff studied the sun/stars and made his statements trying to explain how the sun/stars operate. Today, there are a number of people who feel that perhaps his explanation needs a re-think. His statements were made in the 1800's, I believe, and there is quite a lot of observing that has gone on since then.

Or are you talking about some hypothetical particle that a magic circle maker utilizes without knowing that they're using it?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

luxordelphi

There's a martial art called Wu Wei or Wei Wu (forget which) in which everything is embraced but nothing is held. Is this what you mean?

But that's not right because you're talking about something that absorbs everything but doesn't let it go???

There are really really small particles made in a lab called nano particles or ultrafine particles which essentially don't absorb anything because they have very little substance but which can collect stuff because they have a large surface area. There was an experiment where some nano sized metal particles were place in ice water and radiated with focused sunlight. They collected heat on their surface - tremendous heat - and actually formed a bubble around this heat to protect it. So there were these incredible hot spots within this ice water. Is this what you mean?

They both sound like what I mean, the former being a more poetic philosophical breakdown, but the latter inverted.

I think Kirchoff studied the sun/stars and made his statements trying to explain how the sun/stars operate. Today, there are a number of people who feel that perhaps his explanation needs a re-think. His statements were made in the 1800's, I believe, and there is quite a lot of observing that has gone on since then.

Or are you talking about some hypothetical particle that a magic circle maker utilizes without knowing that they're using it?

If this particle can be everywhere then yes! If not, a obvious medium to pass into that is instantly everywhere.

certain physical phenomena can be modeled assuming the materials exist as a continuum, meaning the matter in the body is continuously distributed and fills the entire region of space it occupies.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So...as far as combating bad vibrations i.e. undesirable radiations by tuning in to the colors/shapes/line directions in, for instance, a mandala - yes, I can see that.

Music does that too. Also there's a thing called 'earthing' (someone did a thread here on that awhile back which was where I learned about it) where you make sure your feet (seat of the soul in some beliefs) come into contact with the earth (green dewy grass or sand at the beach or...) for some minutes every day.

As far as a continuum, the way you describe it - there is only consciousness that I can think of and I don't think science recognizes that - they have the whole mud to apes thing. Seriously, I think science has moved on from mud to apes into frequency and electricity and tiny things. Actually, I take that back - they haven't moved on - just used it to explain how the mud woke up.

I read this thing the other day where scientists were using DNA to make something and there was a lot of stuff they were throwing out - they were calling it 'junk DNA' and it was kind of appalling to me that just because they didn't know what it was for, it was labelled junk.

To your topic, the isotropic radiator (or receiver), wouldn't you need rather some sort of isotropic mitigator? and how would you set it up as a perimeter? Or are you saying that human beings possess, within themselves, the ability to do this and just don't know it?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I read this thing the other day where scientists were using DNA to make something and there was a lot of stuff they were throwing out - they were calling it 'junk DNA' and it was kind of appalling to me that just because they didn't know what it was for, it was labelled junk.

To your topic, the isotropic radiator (or receiver), wouldn't you need rather some sort of isotropic mitigator? and how would you set it up as a perimeter?

Structurally? Along the lines of geometry, there is some great information on ths in nassim haremeins documentary, the black whole.
vimeo.com...

Also...

Or are you saying that human beings possess, within themselves, the ability to do this and just don't know it?

Yes possibly. All that junk must be for something. There was a thread posted recently about our DNA being aincient technology waiting to be activated. It was a interesting theory.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-4-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

top topics

join