It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Blaine91555

Conservatives live in a conservative world with a conservative point of view.

Progressives live in a progressive world with a progressive point of view.

Both sides think they are right about everything and spew hatred at each other.

Both sides are held back and hurt themselves due to their inability to work together and work through differences.

Both sides are completely blind to the fact that working together is the answer and that bigotry towards each other is just another form of hate holding us back.

The real question is; why would any intelligent person belong to either side or limit themselves to one point of view?

Blaine you should run for elected office!!!! I'd vote for ya. There is no middle anymore in anything. You just end up getting ridiculed by both ends. And compromise is lost art in Congress and the Executive Branches.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The lesson of Fox is several.

1st. Fox is there to streamline the opinions of ALL the conservatives in America. Bad part about that is everyone has the same opinion which is often times banal and superficial, and sometimes completely fake. This is because Fox is there to align public opinion with the Republican parties agenda.

2nd. Fox news is BAD for conservatism as a practice. For example, Fox News was instrumental in assuring George W Bush's big government policy, his new departments DHS, his budget bloating policies, freedom busting bills Patriot act and all that other garbage... Well folks, that was thanks to Fox news programming conservatives to accept things that are not conservative. Without Fox there would not have been the public support for two wars, DHS, Patriot act, FISA and a host of other things that make the goal of "conservatism" much more distant.

Republicans and Conservatives are so keen to find real conservatives, with real conservative policies you sure as hell aren't gonna find those policies if you get your world view from Fox. You will simply be told when something is conservative and when something is not, like you are programmed.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

ketsuko

sheepslayer247
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Ya, FoxNews is crap. No doubt about it. They lie, use fancy editing and are so obvious about pushing their agenda.

Also, I wouldn't say all conservatives live in the FoxNews version of reality. In fact, FoxNews is not conservative at all. They are part of a new "fascist progressive era" right along with the progressives on the Left. But that's another topic entirely.

True conservatives don't buy Foxnews' BS for one second.
edit on 11-4-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

But is that any different than NBC or Reuters? Both of those outlets have been caught fabricating and editing, too.

Actually NBC and Reuters never went to court for the right to lie to the public. In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States. So if people want to complain about the falsehoods in the news then you can blame FOX for opening the door.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

swanne

Bassago
Holy cow, the only thing worse than that would be watching MSNBC for 2 hours a day.

Or Bill Maher.

I understand why a conservative would dislike Bill Maher, but his show usually includes popular conservatives as part of the panel. I could find plenty of shows that are far worse when it comes to creating intolerable partisan bubbles. I disagree with Bill on a handful of issues, and even when I agree he can be too extreme for me at times, but I think his show is decent for hearing opposing views go at it.

It's not the best, but I'd watch it over a lot of other shows.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I gave up challenging them with facts because my step father said he doesn't like being challenged

Exactly, conservatives don't want to know reality and they are too lazy and selfish to take figure out real morality and take any responsibility for their actions, so they go along with conservative and religious traditions whether they make any sense or not.

Right wing radio and "news" has already destroyed America, we are now just teetering on the brink of the third world.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

CB328
Right wing radio and "news" has already destroyed America, we are now just teetering on the brink of the third world.

Wow, you actually think we are teetering on the brink of being a third world country because of conservatives or 'right wingers'?
Again, you have it backwards. Conservatives and 'right wingers' is the only reason we are not there yet.

Since you like to throw stereotypes and insults around, you are the problem with America, with your stupid, retarded Obama avatar. LOL, LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i've had cable news on ever since my wife called and asked what was going on in NY on 9/11.

CNN and BBC for 7yrs straight.

really got sick of their bs. talk about spin and lies!

i never had watched Fox news until my provider changed.

now that's all i watch for news and i subscribe to The Blaze online.

i've never listened to Rush either. only when someone plays a clip of him.

the realities in the news are what the demographics want to hear.

i see that right here and other sites forums. people need a real bs filter not a partisan one.

our politico's lie and it either gets buried or spun on the msm. take the shoe throwers, from bush to hillary reporting on msm.
Fox does do it's own brand of spin, depending who is opining on it.

news is news, given everyone has the same details and don't leave anything out for an agenda.
opinion shows are just that, opinion shows.

just like internet forums.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I would like to point out that yes free speech is very respected and should never be silenced.

However when big corporations own news stations and tell them to squelch information to keep the people uninformed (in the millions), there is a point to draw the line. When they lie and fill people with inane propaganda, and keep every person living a lie, I think their right should be revoked just a bit. These stations only give a news report with a point of view the government wants you to have. No person should be deliberately kept ignorant just so the government stays "supreme".

Knowledge warfare.

And the entire party system is hooey anyway. Fox supports one "side" and just uses differing words from the other side of the fence so that they look like they are different. It produces an illusion of having "different sides". But both sides are exactly the same and follow the same agenda.

Fox is just a propaganda machine controlled by a master corporation that filters information. A person can not be completely educated on what is happening in the world if all they watch is this censored and largely false media meant to keep people ignorant.

Internet is the best place to go if you're wanting a heck of a lot of info that isn't all false.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It's basically a hitpiece filled with lies. She claims FOX was simply not talking about a Salmonella outbreak, and was keeping the info. So I did a websearch, I see stories from the 8th and 9th of October from FOX. If what she says is true, we should see stories from the past several weeks.
Her implying the story was running for weeks ..

I was even more disturbed by the casual tone of it all, as if they had been discussing it for weeks, and I had just missed it.

Her saying FOX was intentionally not running this story and as a result watching FOX could literally lead to death ...

It was at that moment that I realized that Fox was simply not telling me things—things that, arguably, might be good for me to know. Such as, just to pick an example, that eating a certain brand of chicken might cause me illness or death

So I checked CNN ... what do you know, Oct. 9th, same as FOX. (or 1 day later even)
www.cnn.com...

Huffington Post .. Oct 8th, same as FOX.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

NBC, Oct. 9th.
www.nbcnews.com...

Basically her entire "article" is a lie.

ETA: I don't watch FOX or any other news channel, although what little I do watch FOX is better than most of them, with some really bad programs like O'Reilly.
edit on 12-4-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

CB328

I gave up challenging them with facts because my step father said he doesn't like being challenged

Exactly, conservatives don't want to know reality and they are too lazy and selfish to take figure out real morality and take any responsibility for their actions, so they go along with conservative and religious traditions whether they make any sense or not.

Seriosly moronic.

Question, who edited the Zimmerman tape to "create" news and make Zimmerman sound racist.

Hint: Was not FOX.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Lmao I thought everyone could see through the Fox News BS even fool suckers. IF you can see through the BS you'll realize that they throw in some big tips here and there to keep you tantalized on the edge of your seats. But only if you can see through the BS.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

I'm not attacking you on this but it did me a chuckle this morning.

You do realize that your Avatar is a bought and paid for creation by FOX, right?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Fox News knows what's good.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Onslaught2996
My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

More Liberal Baloney and Gobbly Goop. The Truth and Fact is that Fox News is the highest rated and trusted news source on cable television. Fox News Channel out performs and outranks any other news channel, including CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, you name them...Why is this? Simple - Because Fox News gives the American viewer both sides of an issue. MSNBC, CNBC for example have guests on their programs that only give the liberal point of view, without any debate. Fox News provides a forum for debate, because intelligent Americans want to consider both sides of an issue before making up their minds.
It is for this reason that liberals just hate Fox News, because they want Brain Washing programming, without real discussion or dissent. The American People are onto this, and they have spoken, and every single day they render their verdict by tuning into Fox News, The #1 rated cable news source.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I've heard a major university did an experiment where they took a group of high achievers academically and made them watch Fox news for 48 hours straight to see if watching just Fox news alone will make your intelligence plummet. Apparently all subjects experienced an average drop of 25 IQ points while watching Fox news. But the second the test was over their intelligence snapped right back to normal. All except this one subject. Fox news made him permanently retarded. Th parents sued the school. But then TPTB found out about it and covered it all up so the public would never know.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

BASSPLYR

I've heard a major university did an experiment where they took a group of high achievers academically and made them watch Fox news for 48 hours straight to see if watching just Fox news alone will make your intelligence plummet. Apparently all subjects experienced an average drop of 25 IQ points while watching Fox news. But the second the test was over their intelligence snapped right back to normal. All except this one subject. Fox news made him permanently retarded. Th parents sued the school. But then TPTB found out about it and covered it all up so the public would never know.

More lies and more whacked Liberal Gobbly Goop. Produce the evidence of the study, including name of the University.

Let's be Real.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

BASSPLYR

I wish you wouldn't downplay the studies done on Fox News viewership.

Watching Fox causes death. People who watch Fox News eventually die! 100% of the time!

It's true!

(lets ban them!)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Fox is a tool for me if I want to get the "other" perspective on a topic. So I`ll see some report on CNN, BBC, MSNBC, NY Times and then go see the Fox-version. Then, seeing both "sides" of the issue I have a fuller picture. What sad schmucks that need to ban what they don't agree with.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Fox is a tool for me if I want to get the "other" perspective on a topic. So I`ll see some report on CNN, BBC, MSNBC, NY Times and then go see the Fox-version. Then, seeing both "sides" of the issue I have a fuller picture. What sad schmucks that need to ban what they don't agree with.

The liberal left wing media and their brain washed audience certainly do not want you to get both sides on an issue, to the point of great Fear. Yes, it is absolutely true, the real issue here is that liberals and their misguided ideology live in Great Fear of Fox News because Fox directly affects their ability and their attempts to indoctrinate the people of our country with their distorted and flawed ideology - lest the people arrive at the truth or facts on a particular issue. They know that if you are able to get the whole picture, then they lose their "spell", and therefore their influence and control that they believe they have on you. They could not careless whether they report the truth or facts to their audience, they only care about influencing your thought process while intentionally impairing your freedom of thinking for yourself once you analyse an issue, and that is why they, the left wing media news channels - restrict debate from alternative perspectives on important issues. The American people are smarter than that, and are on to this game, and that is why Americans overwhelmingly choose Fox.
edit on 12-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join