It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Noise - What ever happened?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

OGOldGreg
reply to post by iSomeone

and the theory behind this was that it was viral marketing for the new mass effect game, which was pretty much debunked cause the creators of the game(months after it had already been released) still said they had nothing to do with it.

Apologies. It was War of the Worlds. My memory just needed re-freshened. Please watch the video I added to the post you replied to for definitive proof of this.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

I would steer away from using the words "definitive proof" on this website, regardless of the situation. just saying.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's still going on. It's a topic that interests me so I keep an "ear" out for updates.

Linda Moulten Howe has reported a few triangle UFO sightings in conjunction with the trumpet/horn sounds. Military craft? I know she's a fringer, but I enjoy the passion in her voice when I hear her interviews on C2C and the like.

Here's a link to a recent report. Some of the quotes she uses are old, but it was updated with newer sighting reports as well as an interview with the people that experienced the encounters.

Linda Moulten Howe report

Date: March 13, 2014
Subject: Aerial triangle trumpet sounds in 2010 over Bighorn Mtns., Wyoming
To: [email protected]
Hi Linda,
My name is John Bobick and I live in Wyoming. This is to let you know that I have seen the black triangular aircraft and heard the trumpet sounds that it makes.
If you would like to hear more about it, you can contact me.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I actually heard a trumpet sound at my house one night when I went out for a smoke. I got my friend from inside and they also heard it. I recorded it on my phone and planned to post about it. The reason I never did is because I think it was a "perfect conditions" thing in my situation.

I live in one story condos behind a retail strip separated by a wooden fence. About a half mile from the retail strip is a highway and overpass with concrete retaining walls. At the time, there was quite a bit of traffic, the night was damp, and there was a breeze.

I showed a buddy the recordings (he's into this sort of thing) and he said he thought I caught something. I talked with my dad who woked out in the oil fields most of his life, and he said it was probably "perfect conditions" as he heard many weird things bouncing off the ... whatever the large tanks are you put oil in to refine lol.

Maybe I'll upload to soundcloud and let you all have a gander.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok, here's the one I recorded.

soundcloud link

Best capture is at :35 and then at 2:15 (best)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

This was heard April 4th, 2014.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlyn2014

Interesting video - normally when I hear car alarms go off I see the lights flash (as my O3 Honda does - and that's a very old car) - perhaps new cars don't do that ....... Sorry I'll call foul on this one

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That video is strange.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

Like i said the sound is slowed down slightly to make it sound deeper. Its been a sound FX trick used in films for years now and there are lots of places you can just download the deepened sound clips or you can just take them off any number of sci-fi or horror films.

www.pond5.com...

www.pond5.com...

www.pond5.com...

Pod 5 literally has 100's of waterphone samples www.pond5.com...

People love to trick other people and laugh at them that's why we are still getting the vids.

edit on 11-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I could try slow it down and reproduce it I'm my studio?

The problem is is when you compress and time stretch it degrades the audio, the audio in these video doesn't sound to me likes it's been slowed down or degraded unless they're using some very expensive plugins or hardware I am unaware off

Possible I guess but I'm doubtful of it, I'll give it a go when I get some spare time over the weekend

edit on 11-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

If you are going to try to slow down the exact samples i gave you and then compere it to the ones dubbed over the op's video in an attempt to disprove what i said then don't bother, because unless you start of with exactly the same samples as they used its not going to sound exactly the same.

What i posted was just examples , i was not trying to say those were the exact samples used in the ops video. The waterphone sounds used in these hoax videos is usually lifted from films and games that have already been tampered with. You can hear the samples used in the film i posted that are much closer to the sounds used in the op's video.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I think 'the hum' is a different phenomenon altogether. One that's much more likely to exist than these hoaxed videos. because lets face it what we hear in the 'sky sounds videos' is not a hum in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I know the guy who 1st posted in Canada.
He's not the kind nor does he have the cognitive ability to have made that up.
Also, I heard the sky noises a year before he did.
It's still happening, the 1 problem? 2 people can be standing together. 1 hears the sky noises yet the other doesn't. Yet the 1 hearing the sky noise records it on a cell phone. When played back? The 1 person who didn't hear it the same time as the other person standing beside them recording it, will hear the recording.

Not long before my Mom passed, she asked me, " I never heard the sky noises, does that mean I don't get to go to heaven?"
Her face scrunch in tears like a little girl, she was only 67, I said, " No Mom,, it probably means the opposite."
She looked so at peace when she went.....not like my Dad when he went 4 months later.

She believed me every time I heard the noises.
My Dad wouldn't say if he heard them or not, or if he believed or not, his only comment," What does it matter now anyway?" When my Mom and eldest Daughter asked him.

I still hear the sky noises at times.

He had a point yeah?

Blessings S & F

edit on th302014Sat, 12 Apr 2014 06:00:04 -05000414th30amSat, 12 Apr 2014 06:00:04 -0500 by StormyStars because: of an extra #

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The sounds weren't even close to that video.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I live in Northern Ontario and my 15 year old played hooky from school Monday so he could spend the day fixing antique lawnmower. Anywho, he heard the weird horn type sounds late in the morning and recorded it on his iPod. I had a listen when I got home from work and sure enough, that's what it was. Not as loud as I've heard them in videos I've seen but definitely loud enough to give me the hibby jibbies.

edit on 12-4-2014 by Xquizit because: Typo

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That's terrifying!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Bump an old thread. anything new?

EDIT:No one looks at the sticky thread anymore
edit on 30-9-2014 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

The event was actually real a freind of mine in Ottawa has being shocked by the sounds that when i asked him about he would rather skip the topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OGOldGreg

It was a deep and elaborate, yet simple hoax. Post video, outdoors, claim you heard noises that seemed to come from no where but perhaps the sky or deep with in the earth. Speculate a cause in comments, and wait for others to join in on the excitement.

Then there was no real cause that made sense anymore and no one paid any attention to the hoaxes.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I feel like all things in this genre'
some are real some are fake.
When the noises were at a peak in 2011-12
It seemed like the world was in one seismic and weather
calamity after another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join