It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security, Treasury target taxpayers for their parents’ decades-old debts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... 4d-11e3-bcec-b71ee10e9bc3_story.html?hpid=z1

A few weeks ago, with no notice, the U.S. government intercepted Mary Grice’s tax refunds from both the IRS and the state of Maryland. Grice had no idea that Uncle Sam had seized her money until some days later, when she got a letter saying that her refund had gone to satisfy an old debt to the government — a very old debt.

When Grice was 4, back in 1960, her father died, leaving her mother with five children to raise. Until the kids turned 18, Sadie Grice got survivor benefits from Social Security to help feed and clothe them.

Now, Social Security claims it overpaid someone in the Grice family — it’s not sure who — in 1977. After 37 years of silence, four years after Sadie Grice died, the government is coming after her daughter. Why the feds chose to take Mary’s money, rather than her surviving siblings’, is a my

The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

Oh really..................

www.gpo.gov...

Thieves, this is in no way a descendents responsibility, not in my eyes anyway.
edit on 013030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good topic.

The government is getting more and more desperate for funds.

They're going broke and want the citizens to bail them out of their self made messes.

All the time while they continue the massive theft and corruption agendas.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The government is getting more and more desperate for funds. -

Looks that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
www.washingtonpost.com... 4d-11e3-bcec-b71ee10e9bc3_story.html?hpid=z1

A few weeks ago, with no notice, the U.S. government intercepted Mary Grice’s tax refunds from both the IRS and the state of Maryland. Grice had no idea that Uncle Sam had seized her money until some days later, when she got a letter saying that her refund had gone to satisfy an old debt to the government — a very old debt.

When Grice was 4, back in 1960, her father died, leaving her mother with five children to raise. Until the kids turned 18, Sadie Grice got survivor benefits from Social Security to help feed and clothe them.

Now, Social Security claims it overpaid someone in the Grice family — it’s not sure who — in 1977. After 37 years of silence, four years after Sadie Grice died, the government is coming after her daughter. Why the feds chose to take Mary’s money, rather than her surviving siblings’, is a my

The aggressive effort to collect old debts started three years ago — the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

Oh really..................

www.gpo.gov...

Thieves, this is in no way a descendents responsibility, not in my eyes anyway.
edit on 013030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

whew, it's a good thing my parents don't owe anything to Uncle Sam, they never bought a house so they never had to pay property tax. The only thing I owe is student loans, but I don't have children, so they are going to have to suck it up. They ain't gettin' nothing after I'm gone.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I hope mine didn't owe anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But the IRS will take a , I think it's as high as 55% of any inheritance that you receive. Even if it's not monetary. Families are losing their farms and livelihood over these onerousness tax burdens.

link   
Hmmmm, double post?

edit on 11-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

link   
Easy way around it. Send a nice letter to the Credit agency of disassociation of your dependancy and credit history from your family.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wonder how much it is costing the IRS to dig for these old debts.

I want to find out whose idea this was.

He now we have dead voters and the dead take their debt with them.
edit on 023030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Never have debts. Simple rule in life.

Don't have it, you can't spend it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

pookle

I do my best to live as humbly as possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

pookle

Well, how hard is it? Empty wallet, no spendy.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

pookle

Stormdancer777

pookle

True that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

TDawgRex

But the IRS will take a , I think it's as high as 55% of any inheritance that you receive. Even if it's not monetary. Families are losing their farms and livelihood over these onerousness tax burdens.

And see, my parents never owned anything, so no inheritance for me.

But I did receive genetic inheritance from my parents, maybe the government can take it out of my flesh?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That´s stealing and nothing else. Im surpriced that in US tax from inheritance is that huge, in here "from father to son" its one third which is also a robbery and about half when inherited your grandmothers sister etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

WarminIndy

TDawgRex

But I did receive genetic inheritance from my parents, maybe the government can take it out of my flesh?

That reads like you know the Merchant of Venice?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

pookle

Stormdancer777

pookle

I can tell you from experience. It's pretty hard. But it can also be stress free once all debt is wiped out. I haven't had a credit card since the 80's and buy everything cash only. But one medical incident can put you in the poor house back to filling in the hole in the blink of an eye. Been there, done that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I thought about buying a RV and living out of that and just traveling until I couldn't do it anymore. In my naïveté I thought that would be a relief from taxes to a degree. Boy was I wrong. They get you there as well.

www.rv-dreams.com...

I have no problems paying my taxes, but to often it seems that tax dollars are going to programs where they shouldn't. It's out of control. That's one of the reasons I hate the PPACA so much.

And it's getting worse.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a tax accountant.

Let's say your parents passed away and left you a cool Million dollars. After taxes (with the death tax) you now have $450,000.00 dollars. You update your will (giving everything to your daughter or son) that day and while going to deposit the money in whatever accounts, you are hit by a car and killed.

What happens? BAM! that $450,000.00 dollars is once again taxed at 55%. And so on and so on.

See what I'm saying here? It's a never ending robbery.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

pikestaff

WarminIndy

TDawgRex

That reads like you know the Merchant of Venice?

Let's not get into calling certain people Shylocks..but yes, I know The Merchant of Venice.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Next thing you know, they will have a reason to raid our saving's accounts and/or investment portfolios.

I am sorry, but the govt is out of control and it is time for us (the people of the US) to regain control.

Should this happen to anyone in your city, that you find out about, there should be a massive protest to occupy the areas around any federal buildings in the area.

If anyone knows of anything like this happening in the Dallas area, I would certainly appreciate a head's up.

This is such BS as to not even be believable!!

Time to shut down the controlling political parties, time to shut down the federal govt. Time to stop the outrageously stupid actions of a bloated, corrupt, inept, inefficient federal govt.

I have had all I can take and will not take any more!!!

I would, for one, really be tickled by a universal strike on filing tax returns this next year. Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into the machinery.

This is a symptom of despotism. I believe we all know what Thomas Jefferson wrote about despots and patriots.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join