It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine christening of USS Zumwalt a milestone for Navy, BIW.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Xcathdra
Even then Yamamoto strongly discouraged an attack on the US. The other factor that Japan used was the American people and their... wait for it.... 2nd amendment. They speculated they would lose a lot in an attempted invasion of the US mainland.

Actually that's apparently not true and something that has no evidence to back up,

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

pookle

nighthawk1954
This is one heck of a destroyer. It has been under construction for 5 years.

Saturday’s ceremony in Bath marks both the military’s first new destroyer class in decades and the local company’s delivery of a revolutionary warship

www.pressherald.com...

Why on earth would one celebrate a ship that's called a "Destroyer"?

Where is the pride and honour and celebration in that?

edit on 11-4-2014 by pookle because: (no reason given)

Destroyers have been called such since 1886 when the Spanish navy labeled one of there ships a destroyer. You don't seem to understand its the closest thing to a star-ship we have with its integrated power systems and other such features, she is a beautiful and impressive ship and the pinnacle of our known naval technology.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

pookle

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

you're saying that just America should not have weapons? my point is that if South Korea had no weapons North Korea would own them. you also say Iceland doesn't have an army, but the United States has a pretty nice air base their.maybe you should google that.

Have all the weapons you want, as long as you keep in your back yard. I find it ironic that the US complains about nuclear weapons of other countries when the US and UK is currently BREACHING the NPT in technology sharing for Trident missile system at al AND the US has used them TWICE in ANGER.

I just don't take americans seriously anymore nor do I welcome them with open arms. I walk watching my back.

You walk watching your back because you are delusional and paranoid, I cant see any other reason than that. Your fears are unfounded.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pookle

Canada(burnt down the white house),Mexico(poncho via),japan(briefly then they invaded Canada.....) the British,German mercenaries(hessians), chief Pontiac of the Ottawa tribe i think is the only one to take and occupy a united states city(Detroit if memory serves me)

the Philippines were a united states territory(not a state) and were invaded by japan in ww2

the reason it has not happened in a long time(or more often) is because of our quite impressive and numerous navy and due to our luck of having a nation so far away from the bulk of our enemies (they cant just walk here hence we have destroyers)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

buster2010

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

Did Poland make Germany it's enemy? Did China make Japan it's enemy? What did Kuwait do to iraq? Someone throws the first stone and im all for throwing back a bigger stone.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

Yes Poland did make Germany it's enemy. Before the war started Poland was constantly trying to steal land that Germany said belonged to them. You cannot do this and think the other country will stay friendly.

Then should Russia give back the land they stole from Germany?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
To add The DDG 1000 will be fitted with the soon to be tested rail guns, they was part of the original design

The rail gun addition/upgrade would make it much feared on the seas

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

pookle

nighthawk1954

Saturday’s ceremony in Bath marks both the military’s first new destroyer class in decades and the local company’s delivery of a revolutionary warship

www.pressherald.com...

Here is my relay to you POOKIE.....I don't know what country you live in ...you must be just kid...welll I will tell you why I'm proud.

My family has served in the revolution , war of 1812 ,Spanish war 1898,WW1,WW2,Korea,Vietnam ,Grenada and gulf
war... DO NOT TELL ME NOT TO BE PROUD! I lost a uncle that was on a Destroyer in W11...my other uncle was on the Dolittle raid.... I have been a fire fighter for 40 years ......WHAT TH HELL HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE?????

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
To add The DDG 1000 will be fitted with the soon to be tested rail guns, they was part of the original design

The rail gun addition/upgrade would make it much feared on the seas

Sending a solid mass of metal a few hundred miles is impressive, even more so with the accuracy.

From what I have researched with the new laser technology, the new ships being built will have the power supplies increased so when they become operational a minor retrofit is all that will be needed.

I also saw another article talking about the Navy's research into using sea water as a source of fuel. Apparently scientists were able to develop a technique that breaks the salt water down. Apparently it is processed onboard so it will increase distance and reduce the need for resupply craft.

Actual deployment is still about 10 years out but since they were able to crack this walnut, I would guess it will appear before that time frame.

The applications of that technology in both, military and civilian applications, could result in the complete independence / reliance on energy resources.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

pookle

nighthawk1954

www.pressherald.com...

We get it, you hate all things America. We also don't care, this is an incredible achievement.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I forgot to add.

I saw an article sometime back about the US military and the bridge layouts of federation starships. Apparently the military likes the design / concept. Would be interesting to see the bridge of a navy vessel laid out like a Starfleet vessel.

The NSA apparently has a similar setup for some of their operations.

Now if we can get the government to invest in starships and FTL drives instead of what we are doing now.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hmmm... anyone seen that Air Force commercial recently where the Colonel is touting the cool hardware of the USAF and says... "aircraft, spacecraft, STARSHIPS..." WTH?

I know it's hyperbole as he's saying why he joined to fly the cool hardware available... but the "starships" stuck out as weird, despite all the "hidden space fleet" rumors going around.

Oh well... and as far as the politics, I'm from a long line of military folks and though I'm of the mind that deadly force is over used and nothing to enjoy, humans have bullies and forces for good to keep the peace is needed... but the U.S. has lost sight of that warrior-poet credo of late and could stand to reign it in somewhat and return to being actual "good guys" not scared, torturing wimps.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join