It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Marshall Director Straw Buyin' for Buddies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The director of the Federal Air Marshal Service is retiring after being investigated for his role in an alleged operation to acquire guns for officials' personal use, FoxNews.com has learned.

Bray allegedly is among several officials who were obtaining weapons through this operation.
link

Sounds like he's trying to get a job with the ATF.

Cops do this all the time. They use their LEO discounts to get guns for themselves and their friends and family. Sometimes it blows up in their face and they get called out on ethics violations or if they're especially bad they get sucked into "straw buyer" status. Many do it. Very few get in any trouble for it. Fewer still suffer an real consequences from the trouble they get into.

I bet Bobby Bray, the director, has been doing this throughout his whole career and thought of it as a simple perk of the job.

So rest assured folks knowing that should civilian disarmament ever come to pass in the USA all you need to do is befriend a cop to get what you shouldnt have.

Best part, looks like it wasnt a problem until some of the guns went missing:

The [whistleblower] document further said “some of these weapons may not fully be accounted for or some stolen — thus the reason for the DHS IG [Department of Homeland Security Inspector General] to want photos of the serial numbers [of all FAMS agents' guns].”

Ooops. Anybody ask the ATF if they were sent to Mexico?
edit on 11-4-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The license they were buying under may very well have afforded these folks an opportunity to buy fully automatic weapons. We're talking very high-end hardware potentials.

The MSM sure weren't very forthcoming on the details, were they?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Its the discount they were after that's all. Who here is not guilty of hooking up your family with an employee discount.
Also, I don't view automatic weapons as "high end hardware" when you can buy the semi auto versions of the same weapon right now.
Everyone does it, this guy just got caught.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Its the discount they were after that's all. Who here is not guilty of hooking up your family with an employee discount.
Also, I don't view automatic weapons as "high end hardware" when you can buy the semi auto versions of the same weapon right now.
Everyone does it, this guy just got caught.

I don't do it. So, your justification of breaking laws is everybody does it? I guess if the IRS shows up at your door to take your home through some law breaking on their part, you'll go right along with it. Cause...everybody does it....

Des

edit on 11-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des Im talking about my employee discount at Musicians Friend.
I've given it out to people, including my family.
There are no state or federal laws that say I can't do this, so no I didn't break any laws.

Guns are expensive, if I had access to a discount I would use it.
Oh wait, I do...

new topics

top topics

join