It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis asks Forgiveness for abusive priests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Forgiveness in this case is divided between the abused children forgiving their abuser, the institution of the Catholic church forgiving the priests as an institutional matter, and the relatives and friends forgiving the priest(s) in question. Is Francis saying he forgives them personally, or is this an institutional "ruling"? The abused children should all, if possible, have the opportunity when they are adults to talk to the abuser for as long as they need to come to at least some kind of communicated resolution.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Aleister
Forgiveness in this case is divided between the abused children forgiving their abuser, the institution of the Catholic church forgiving the priests as an institutional matter, and the relatives and friends forgiving the priest(s) in question. Is Francis saying he forgives them personally, or is this an institutional "ruling"? The abused children should all, if possible, have the opportunity when they are adults to talk to the abuser for as long as they need to come to at least some kind of communicated resolution.

I believe that Pope Francis was asking us, victims and non-victims alike, to forgive them.

I'm fairly certain it was not a formal Papal directive to the faithful though.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
“I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.”

― George Carlin

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Leave the forgiveness to God.
Men should follow his prescribed justice, which
I believe would leave no room for forgiveness
of child murderers. And child murderers are what
these people are. As their acts destroy the person
the child would've been. They are cowardly, weak,
child murderers. And any attempt to circumvent
swift justice, is an absolute offense to our Father
in Heaven.

I've always admired the way the Native Americans
dealt with their own who were sick minded like this.
They simply and mercifully took them out away from
the tribe and bashed their head on a rock.

Problem solved.
edit on Ram41114v49201400000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Much like other mental illnesses I strongly believe there is a wiring issue gone wrong with someone who molests children. Call it evil or whatever you want but there has to be something else going on in their head that makes someone attracted to an infant or young child.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

chrismarco

Much like other mental illnesses I strongly believe there is a wiring issue gone wrong with someone who molests children. Call it evil or whatever you want but there has to be something else going on in their head that makes someone attracted to an infant or young child.

I agree, no question about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
O, I miss the days(I wasn't there) that the Pope and Priests would execute people in the thousands for denying the Saviour, where their blood lust rival that of the Roman Colosseum, or their religious regime rivals. Or when they would execute an torture for days on end, that would dare make a mockery of the church, whether inside or outside the organization that would cause an even more blood thirsty mob.

Maybe they should bring back some old left wing traditions to quell this uprising. O yea, the right wing popular these days.

Doesn't necessarily work if the pope faints at the sight of blood, when the olds probably got more drunk off of it then Vlad.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

It's not the religion that is horrible it's the people and how they apply it...like anything else in this world, guns, dogs, welfare...we have a knack when it comes to exploiting things for the worse..bad examples but you catch my drift

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

True, can't really blame fictional characters and personas. But peoples are responsible for their own fate when it come these thing though.

It no different then a bunch of atheist kids thinking that there no God, after all the religious dogma they've been fed by their parents. If they were smart, they'd leave well enough alone, and just enjoy creation. No different then Miley cyrus being a good disney girl all her childhood, and a some what respected young girl, grew up to be a less respected woman who flaunts it for whatever reason a insecure person does.

If people wanna exploit things, then that's their own prerogative, and should suffer at the hands of reality for it. I mean look at the dark ages. Century after century, finger being pointed to the point the Popes scared of blood this day an age.

Is that a delayed result from karma?

Problem with reality, is that does not care for friend or foe, much like God. It could hardly care. Thats up to people that suffered at some else hands to care, less they suffer.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Riffrafter

Answer

rickynews
reply to post by 168617

I sincerely believe (and certainly expect) that this Pope Francis means what he says, and these men will face harsh consequences, as they should.

It'll be swept under the rug and we won't hear anything more about it. Nothing will happen to the molesters because the Catholic church has been covering for them for so long and continues to claim it's not widespread.

I think Francis may surprise you.

And in more ways than you think...

Thats a pretty ambiguos statement about the mouth piece of one of the most nefarious organizations on earth..

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Answer

Can I lend a hand here?

As a former, christian fundamentalist, take this for what it is worth (Look at previous posts).

You are still stuck in that beleif system my friend. Look around you. This is it? This one planet in which the whole of the universe revoles around? Nothing else? All of lifes mysteries, in one little book, no questions asked. Look to the stars instead, and be amazed.

Scientifically, you have a right and wrong center in your brain. Trust the truth side once in a while.

The Abramhamic religons are false.

The OT is a collection of mythology of racial origion, revised and redacted multiple times.. It is fraudulent to assume otherwise. For claims of the NT depends on the OT to be undoctored, true and accurate to an error margin of zero. This means, by direct association, Christianity is fraudulent.

This is the same for Islam, Kaballah, Talmudic.... etc etc.
Happy journeys to you? :-)
edit on 12-4-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join