It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis asks Forgiveness for abusive priests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Pope Francis calls sexual abuse of children by priests for what it is...Evil. He also has asked for forgiveness for priests that have committed this evil act. However, Pope Francis did Not imply that these men will get a pass on consequences. In fact, he made clear that those who have sexually abused children will be dealt with in the strongest terms. Forgiveness Does Not equal consequence avoidance, or impunity.
That is a very important distinction.

Video and Story link found here: www.cnn.com...

edit on 11-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Hi rickynews!
Forgive them?
Nope. Never.

Put them in a yard in a maximum security penitentiary with the other inmates?
Yes.
Do unto others....

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

jacygirl

Hi rickynews!
Forgive them?
Nope. Never.

Yes.
Do unto others....

jacygirl

Perhaps, but note that forgiveness does not mean avoidance of consequences. I think they should face the consequences they deserve too.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Give 'em hell Francis!

...umm...so to speak.

This one's for you -

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

As much as I like the fella, he is NOT his brothers keeper.

Judgement is reserved for the individual, they will reap what they sow.

Scum.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What's next? Forgiveness for Hitler? Pol Pot? Stalin? The sex trade slavers in Thailand?

Forgiveness is to be earned and only then bestowed.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If it was EVER my child (though thankfully they're adults now)....my method of forgiveness would likely be akin to a "Saw" movie.
I am a meek person until someone is preying on another. (not PRAYING)
Sorry, I'm pretty passionate about innocent children.

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

jacygirl

Hi rickynews!
Forgive them?
Nope. Never.

Yes.
Do unto others....

jacygirl

But did not the Christ also say "Turn the other cheek"?
"Let him who have no sin cast the first stone."
"Forgive lest not ye be forgiven"

Im not condoning these atrocities. Merely pointing out the crazy that is the book used by over a billion people who pick and choose what parts to read to live by.

Hell, the US Constitution is little over 200 years old and look at how much we argue about "what was meant".

edit on 11-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Here is a lesson I learned about forgiveness.
I wasn't sexually abused but my husband was unfaithful to me. For years I hated that lady . Every time I thought about her I hated her more. I would get this knot in my stomach and I'd clench my jaw with the feelings I had about her. Then someone pointed out to me that the physical feelings I had of this hate in my stomach and jaw did nothing to the lady that wronged me. It only hurt me not her. It was the equalivent of eating poison and expecting the other person to die. In Christianity forgiveness is more for the victim than the perpetrator. I no longer hate or even give time to thoughts of that lady. I feel better. What ever she feels well that's on her. We worked to reinforce our marriage so this wouldn't happen again. She has to live with the thought that she almost broke up a marriage and if there is such a thing as karma she will have something similar happen to her. That's if she can ever find someone who wants to marry her. She had five kids by five different guys and no trips to the alter. Do I find a little joy in that. Absolutely. I'm human after all.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
NO! They are not exempt to any fricken laws or to be dealt with any differently than anyone on this fetching rock. Label them SEX OFFENDERS stick them in prison, so the inmates who would love to get there hands on them can show them what's it's like. That's a crude picture I just painted but they are no different. If you are a man of faith and serving GOD then you know better.

Option B~ Castrate them and make them Unixs (not sure if I spelled that right)

I have beyond ZERO tolerance for these individuals. They are forgiven, but they will pay for there crimes in this life and when they stand before god.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We can forgive
But we will not forget.

The will be held accountable.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Hi AutumnWitch!
My ex-husband left me after 16 years together (and 3 small children) to be with his girlfriend from work. They are still married, but he is miserable and turning into an alcoholic.
I only hate her for how awful she has been to my kids.
I was abused as a child. I did manage to forgive my father, and sat alone with him as he died.
Perhaps I have selective forgiveness.

the owlbear...I think "turn the other cheek" means something entirely different in prison! (lol)

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Pedophiles and other sexual predators of the young should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, then clean house from within and expel those who seem unstable as well.

Maybe only then they can ask for forgiveness from those that have been scarred...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

rickynews
Pope Francis calls sexual abuse of children by priests for what it is...Evil. He also has asked for forgiveness for priests that have committed this evil act. However, Pope Francis did Not imply that these men will get a pass on consequences. In fact, he made clear that those who have sexually abused children will be dealt with in the strongest terms. Forgiveness Does Not equal consequence avoidance, or impunity.
That is a very important distinction.

Video and Story link found here: www.cnn.com...

I wonder how they will be dealt with? Sent to another country where they sneak under the radar and molest more innocent children? No-one should be forgiven for those crimes especially from Pagansville.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 168617

I sincerely believe (and certainly expect) that this Pope Francis means what he says, and these men will face harsh consequences, as they should.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

the owlbear

jacygirl

Hi rickynews!
Forgive them?
Nope. Never.

Yes.
Do unto others....

jacygirl

But did not the Christ also say "Turn the other cheek"?
"Let him who have no sin cast the first stone."
"Forgive lest not ye be forgiven"

Im not condoning these atrocities. Merely pointing out the crazy that is the book used by over a billion people who pick and choose what parts to read to live by.

Hell, the US Constitution is little over 200 years old and look at how much we argue about "what was meant".

edit on 11-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

Like god forgave everyone on Earth during Noah's flood? Parts of the book teach forgiveness and other stories have God helping soldiers kill in battle and encouraging child sacrifice.

The countless contradictions are why I refuse to believe anything in The Bible that doesn't have some corroborating evidence. It's a collection of legends and tall tales that somehow became a source of "absolute truth" for an astonishingly massive group of otherwise intelligent individuals.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

rickynews
reply to post by 168617

I sincerely believe (and certainly expect) that this Pope Francis means what he says, and these men will face harsh consequences, as they should.

It'll be swept under the rug and we won't hear anything more about it. Nothing will happen to the molesters because the Catholic church has been covering for them for so long and continues to claim it's not widespread.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What does forgiveness mean in this situation? They should be let to continue and make things even more worse if possible? They shouldnt be punished according the laws becouse they priest and what not?

I think they should be exposed to the whole world to see who they are, so ppl know to avoid them and ppl should be made aware of this situation around the world, so that they learn to protect their children better, even thou some ppl might want to take the punishing part for their hands its still more saver to more ppl than protecting the rapist by hidding theyr identities and actually they are easing their "robe" around the world all the time, some countries do not even give jail time for raping childrens/womans, its not good sign for future either.

Our world suffer from these ppl incredible amount already, i been reading here and there things like millions of children gone missing each year, theres known child traffics going on around the world, selling ppl slaves for rich and powerful, rape turism is known on some countries and theres fact that these ppl grave to rape and kill innocence, they in powerful postitions in our politics etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Answer

rickynews
reply to post by 168617

It'll be swept under the rug and we won't hear anything more about it. Nothing will happen to the molesters because the Catholic church has been covering for them for so long and continues to claim it's not widespread.

I think Francis may surprise you.

And in more ways than you think...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

romilo
What does forgiveness mean in this situation? They should be let to continue and make things even more worse if possible? They shouldnt be punished according the laws becouse they priest and what not?

I think they should be exposed to the whole world to see who they are, so ppl know to avoid them and ppl should be made aware of this situation around the world, so that they learn to protect their children better, even thou some ppl might want to take the punishing part for their hands its still more saver to more ppl than protecting the rapist by hidding theyr identities and actually they are easing their "robe" around the world all the time, some countries do not even give jail time for raping childrens/womans, its not good sign for future either.

Our world suffer from these ppl incredible amount already, i been reading here and there things like millions of children gone missing each year, theres known child traffics going on around the world, selling ppl slaves for rich and powerful, rape turism is known on some countries and theres fact that these ppl grave to rape and kill innocence, they in powerful postitions in our politics etc.

I think their identities should be made publicly known as a consequence as well, and let the light of exposure also be a consequence...but only after due process, and After Conviction, since there are some priests who are and have been falsely accused by false victims, who see a possibility and a potential for monetary gain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join