It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cherry tree from space' mystery baffles Japan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueJacket

By my (admittedly basic) understanding of relativity the faster you go, the slower you age; or, put another way, a stronger gravity field (planet vs. spacecraft) shortens time. Relative to each other, the seed on the planet was moving much more slowly than the seed in orbit....hence, it 'aged' faster than the slower seed.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Of all fruits tart cherries contain highest amount of natural melatonin so they can help with insomnia, aging etc.
Just saying

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

heheh you must be from Michigan, indeed the Montmorrency Cherry is the best...a very rare commodity

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NickMcGimmick

thank you for the input and the reminder..very hard to keep your head under an onslaught of determined individuals

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

a salient point in regards research implying hormones synthetically produced atrophy the bodies decision to do so, vitamin D being the most recent...its a sad state when everyone just blanket accepts what the establishment provides. It is the end of scientific method IMO...but thats always the case. The world is full of a bunch of followers, very few actual thinkers.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Super cool. I'm interested to hear any explanation if and when they find out. I imagine control groups and studies aren't far behind.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I had a theory about this. Could this be a survival technique built into plants, (assuming it happens to more than just this one) The only time I could think of a seed ending up in space naturally, is if it was blown out there by an asteroid.. and when it finally falls to earth, it'll need to reproduce quickly to repopulate after a huge disaster. Sounds a little out there now that I type it out though, lol

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
-- theory of relativity of Einstein. --

Heh - So, Iv'e concluded by this.. The speed of light, ect... The vacuum effect.. in space..

-Space is a big Pandora magic box.. Nothing is what it may, and what is relativity to effect is able - Quantum Stuff I am talking about here.. -

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Misleading Thread Title because the Tree didn't actually come from Space, neither did the seed!

Why have the MODS not cautioned the OP about this?

If it was my Thread, it would have either been edited by the MODS or deleted into the rubbish bin.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

because it was the article title, you know...Terms and Conditions...you agreed to those my non contributing acquaintance.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by hana1

Really? Like most seed producing plants don't have both sex parts already?'

A small biology lesson as a refresher for those not still in Jr high school.

www.enchantedlearning.com...
There are some plants that have separate sexes but most have both on one flower.

edit on AMu30u0441505302014-04-11T08:05:04-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

I don't get what your trying to say.

Are you trying to tell me all seed producing plants are monoecious?

Then you go on and tell me that some plants are dioecious like I said...lol

Anyways to answer your question no not all seed producing plants "have both sex parts".

I suggest you lookup androecious and gynoecious plants if you think they do. Might wanna have a look at polygamy and trimonoecious plants while your at it.
edit on 16-4-2014 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Misleading Thread Title because the Tree didn't actually come from Space, neither did the seed!

If it was my Thread, it would have either been edited by the MODS or deleted into the rubbish bin.

the op did not say CAME from space, just space

Hopefully you do realized that your limited of wording the title of the thread ,

you must be a conservative. as you are referring this thread to go into the trash bin. just for your not understanding nor liking this thread luckily your not a MOD

ohh by the way the title if from where the Op got the Source from Yahoo News ( Complain to them ) TY

edit on 16-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Great food for thought, an amazing decision to do this in the first place kind of like the hundredth monkey. I will be glad to see many more experiments such as this in the future.

Perhaps the seed vaults should also be placed on space stations?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

TruthxIsxInxThexMist

the op did not say CAME from space, just space

Hopefully you do realized that your limited of wording the title of the thread ,

you must be a conservative. as you are referring this thread to go into the trash bin. just for your not understanding nor liking this thread luckily your not a MOD

ohh by the way the title if from where the Op got the Source from Yahoo News ( Complain to them ) TY

Cherry Tree FROM SPACE Baffles Japanese.

The title does make it sound like a full grown tree that was in space came to Japan.

When I read it the first thing I thought was a cherry tree somewhere in space entered our atmosphere and hurtled into Japan, kind of like Godzilla or some flying creature he fought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join