It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cherry tree from space' mystery baffles Japan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexandrosTheGreat

John Pruit!! No...that was Adventures in Babysitting...nothing to do with the cherry tree but just as amazing IMHO. jACK PARSONS there we go.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread but it makes you wonder if you sent a pregnant woman into space for 8 months would the kid come out looking like the movie Jack? If you are unfamiliar with the film, a child is born after only 3 months and grows at a more rapid pace than a regular human. By age 10 he looked 40 years old.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder
I'm willing to bet that the electric field of Earth has a very different strength at the height the ISS is orbiting. If the seeds spent 8 months on board the ISS it's fair to say that they were exposed to an electric field intensity which differs from the typical intensity experienced on the surface of Earth.

Makes one wonder about living in houses filled with wires running current all day..

As the magnetic field of Earth weakens I would expect this to be happening to everything here eventually. Mass evolution? I wonder if that's in the fossil record?

I feel like we are on the verge of some very deep mysteries.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Im not sure if it would be a good idea to eat the fruit or let the pollen spread to other plants by bees, or even safe for the bees or insects that go near it, this is interfering with mother nature and im not sure how she can repair it.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
reply to post by BlueJacket

Interesting stuff!
A lot of plants/trees will flower earlier than they should due to adverse conditions-something in them knows on some level that something isn't right and so they initiate flowering faster than they usually would in order to maximise their chances at reproduction.
Maybe some conditions on the ISS led the seed to start the process of flowering early when it was planted back on earth?

Yes, higher radiation. Orbits can pass through areas of higher Van Allen radiation.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-4-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Perhaps if a child spends time in space during a specific time during the gestation period, and returns to earth he will out grow the norm and be a giant!!!

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
edit on 11-4-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think it was due to stress. I remember a story about Australia where a very sever drought caused something unexpected to happen. The trees began blooming. I suspect the tree knew it was about to perish and gave one last heave ho in an attempt to continue its lineage.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Orgone therapy had nothing to do with orgasm or sex. That is a misconception by many who attribute his books on Orgasm to his orgone therapy devices....not the same.
What? And you claimed to have researched this? Let's start with the origin of the name "Orgone":

He moved to New York in 1939, in part to escape the Nazis, and shortly after arriving there coined the term "orgone" – derived from "orgasm" and "organism" – for a cosmic energy he said he had discovered, which he said others referred to as God.

Now as far as his views on the curative properties of orgasm, we have this:

Culture Books Wilhelm Reich: the man who invented free love

Reich was a sexual evangelist who held that satisfactory orgasm made the difference between sickness and health. It was the panacea for all ills, he thought, including the fascism that forced him from Europe. In his 1927 study The Function of the Orgasm, he concluded that "there is only one thing wrong with neurotic patients: the lack of full and repeated sexual satisfaction" (the italics are his).
Reich's book "The Function of the Orgasm" was very much about sex and the relation of orgasm to Orgone and it seems preposterous for you to claim otherwise.

The strange case of William Reich

In both his International Journal of Sex-Economy and Orgone Research and his book, The Function of the Orgasm, the romance of orgone is spelled out in polysyllabic detail. Aside from being the cosmic energy, it is described as being blue in color and a treatment for cancer. It has many other remarkable qualities, too. In the first place, says Reich, it is everywhere. It is measurable (the unit is an Org). It can be seen with the naked eye. It emanates from the sun. It accounts for the blue of the sky. It kills rot germs. It is in all plant and animal organisms. Both St. Elmo’s Fire and the bluish formations astronomers have observed during a period of increased sunspot activity are simply manifestations of orgone energy. All red corpuscles are charged with it. So is plant chlorophyll. All gonadal cells, protozoa and cancer cells consist of these “bluish energy vesicles.” The bluish coloration of frogs in sexual excitement, which many biologists, says Reich, have observed, is nothing other than “orgonotic excitation.”

But its most astounding property is that it can be collected and concentrated if you know how, and Reich says he does. He has fashioned orgone accumulators which he rents out to his patients.
As I said before if it weren't for the cure for cancer claims, Reich might have been allowed to pursue the rest of his quackery without any book burning.

I have researched his background and his books and writings and would have to say there is nothing in them that would warrant burning of or destruction of property. Just like anything that can be sold, it is up to the consumer to decide in the end, unless it harms the consumer, and if this orgone therapy doesn't work or harm anyone, then why the strong reaction by the FDA and having him thrown in prison where he died?
Except that's not the way the laws work in the US and many other countries, which is why we aren't overrun by "snake oil" salesmen. Indeed the harm to the consumer may not be the fraudulent device itself, but rather the consumer's belief of the claims by the seller of the fraudulent device, method, drug, or other treatment that it will cure their illness when it's not been proven to do so, thus causing the consumer to try in in preference of other cures which really work. The death of Steve Jobs has been attributed to similar causes, not that his alternative treatment was directly harmful, but that it still resulted in his death because his pursuit of ineffective treatment delayed his seeking effective treatment.

So again your argument lacks critical thinking. It's basically saying that you don't like the laws the way they are and the laws should be changed. That's a bit silly perhaps if you think people should be overrun by snake oil salesmen selling fake cures, but I guess you're entitled to that opinion no matter how silly it seems to me. The bigger problem is using that argument as a defense to explain why Reich's books shouldn't have been destroyed. The claim to cure cancer without proof of such claim was illegal whether you agree or disagree with the law, and Reich was ordered by the court to stop selling his fake cancer cures. The books were not burned immediately, and probably wouldn't have been burned if Reich had complied with the court order, which most people do which explains why most people's books don't get burned. It wasn't until Reich defied the court order telling him to stop that his books were burned to ensure that they could no longer be sold.

So what of the claims of FDA approved drugs to "cure" illnesses that don't work or kill? Does that make them "hoakey" as well, or because they are FDA approved they are all good?
While I certainly can't defend everything the FDA does, I have to say that as imperfect as their system is, it's still better than relying on the unproven claims of snake oil salesmen.

I believe one of the main reasons for his persecution and eventual death from such was because of the era he was living and researching in. None were open to this line of research and those that did not understand it believed, falsely, that it was promoting sexual promiscuity and as such decided to wage a war on his practices even though they were mistaken as to his actual intent.

I would say there is plenty of critical thinking in my observation and posts on his research and therapy. I would also say that you seem to be speaking from a point of view with no research on the subject other than a few minutes to check out between posts. Maybe come back with some actual points to back up your opinion, or at least a bit more than your post above.....
Yes you do display some critical thinking sometimes, I'm merely pointing out what I see as some gaps. I probably have some gaps in my critical thinking too so feel free to point them out.

Maybe some viewed Reich as promoting sexual promiscuity, but some people viewed Kinsey in that light and none of his books were burned so you can't blame the book burning on that idea.

edit on 11-4-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Get ready for the Monsanto seed prep orbital space service...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

Your whole argument is just assuming that reich was wrong about everythins and a fraud. A bias starting point. Was he the only personal to ever write a statement concerning physical health and medicine, or are there tons of court ordered book burnings I'm unaware of for all of those? Cuz if not, yes, the book burning could reasonably be said to add credibility to the idea that this was something 'they' did not want to get out, because theres something to it.
edit on 11-4-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Cherry trees will bloom early if certain conditions aren't the norm. It would depend in which region on earth it originated from , with the climate or temperatures and sunlight it was subjected to in space. Move a plant and it will behave differently. It's likely it was kept in cold and dark conditions which will affect how a plant will flourish.

Japanese are just fans of cherry trees.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

um...seriously 6 years...lets take some actual empirical evidence to heart before just making a statement. I am not a fool in regards biology, nor are the Japanese monks, for christs sake, people have Google and think they studied a subject for 30 years.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That tree is a time traveler.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Anybody else notice it blossomed on April 1st????

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Did the cherry tree grow a rocky outside , elasticity, fire creation, or invisibility?

I here cosmic rays have that effect on people.. :p

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Interesting to say People are Disputing about The Orgone and William Reich
and this Cherry Stone aka Seed Growing Rapidly Accelerated tremendously ,,
from exposure to lower Gravity and Magnetic Field Radiation for at Least 8 months ?

So this Seed Adjusted itself ? What it Thought it was IN >? or should it say stay in

Reminds me of Deep Sea Depressurization and the Side Effects with certain People

anyhow ..

LOL What Would Happen if you freeze some spittle aka Human seed. & a Human EGG for 8 months in the I.S.S

then plant it into a human LOL

in all seriousness

Here is some interesting Stuff About William Reich I find Strange !

Talked to Einstein For 5 hours

Inspired Einstein From the Talks with Reich , Agreeing with Szilard and Signed the Letter Sent to FDR to Warn The US
of the Danger that the NAZI's Could Develop a Atomic Bomb and Suggest that the US should Also Develop its own Program

Einstein–Szilárd letter
en.wikipedia.org...

(Einstein had signed a letter to President Roosevelt in August 1939 to warn of the danger of Nazi Germany building an atom bomb, and had urged the United States to set up its own research project.) Einstein agreed that if an object's temperature could be raised without an apparent heating source, as Reich was suggesting, it would be "a bomb

Gave Einstein a Small Orgone Accumulator to experiment with And Reich and Einstein had a Dispute about the Experiments
en.wikipedia.org...

Now WHY This,, Anyone can explain this !! ?

On 12 December 1941, five days after Pearl Harbor and the day after Germany declared it was at war with the United States, Reich was arrested in his home at 2 a.m. by the FBI and taken to Ellis Island, where he was held for over three weeks.[103] He identified himself at the time as the Associate Professor of Medical Psychology, Director of the Orgone Institute.[104] He was at first left to sleep on the floor in a large hall, surrounded by members of the fascist German American Bund, who Reich feared might kill him, but when his psoriasis returned he was transferred to the hospital ward.[105] He was questioned about several books the FBI found when they searched his home, including Hitler's Mein Kampf, Trotsky's My Life, a biography of Lenin, and a Russian alphabet book for children. After threatening to go on hunger strike he was released, on 5 January, but his name remained on the "key figures list" of the Enemy Alien Control Unit, which meant he was placed under surveillance.[103] Turner writes that it seems Reich was the victim of mistaken identity; there was a William Reich who ran a bookstore in New Jersey, which was used to distribute Communist material. The FBI acknowledged the mistake in November 1943 and closed Reich's file.[106] In 2000 it released 789 pages of the file, which said: This German immigrant described himself as the Associate Professor of Medical Psychology, Director of the Orgone Institute, President and research physician of the Wilhelm Reich Foundation and discoverer of biological or life energy. A 1940 security investigation was begun to determine the extent of Reich's communist commitments. A board of Alien Enemy Hearing judged that Dr. Reich was not a threat to the security of the U.S. In 1947, a security investigation concluded that neither the Orgone Project nor any of its staff were engaged in subversive activities or were in violation of any statute within the jurisdiction of the FBI

en.wikipedia.org...

( My Take )

Sound Like they DID not want him to Leave the Country During the War , and Railed him , Well just Maybe The Government took for granted his Theory's and to Notice about THE LETTER that Einstein Wrote to FDR about the A Bomb Suggesting we make the A bomb before the Nazis do. ?

Then... He Really lost reality ...

Chasing UFOs
en.wikipedia.org...

HUH ? His Stuff Destroyed because of a violation through MAIL ? and Reich Hinted Dark Conspiracies > ?

While Reich was in Arizona in May 1956, one of his associates sent an accumulator part through the mail to another state in violation of the injunction, after an FDA inspector posing as a customer requested it.[129] Reich and another associate, Dr. Michael Silvert (1906–1958), were charged with contempt of court; Silvert had been looking after the inventory in Reich's absence. Reich at first refused to attend court, and was arrested and held for two days until a supporter posted bail of $30,000. Representing himself during the hearing, he admitted the violation but nevertheless pleaded not guilty and hinted at dark conspiracies; during a recess the judge apparently suggested a psychiatric evaluation to Reich's ex-wife, Ilse Ollendorff, but this was not communicated to Reich. The jury found him guilty on 7 May 1956 and he was sentenced to two years' imprisonment. Silvert was sentenced to a year and a day, the Wilhelm Reich Foundation was fined $10,000, and the accumulators and associated literature were to be destroyed.[130]

en.wikipedia.org...

Book Burning ?
en.wikipedia.org...

What is Remotely Strange his College & Friend that went to Prison with him that was release committed Suicide 5 months after his release. then all of a Sudden just before Reich Parole Hearing and more then halfway of his Term Died of a Heart Attack? Fully Clothed with no Shoes on when he missed the Morning Roll Call ? and He asked his Caretaker of his place to Dig his Grave and place a Vault on the Grounds in 1955 ?

OK From what ive Read about DR Reich on Wikipedia

There is a lot of Loop Holes , just the Life of this Guy is a Conspiracy within itself.

So was he a Real Quack Mad Idealist Inventor,

Or

The Government just wanted to Ruin his Reputation and Silence him for good.

But all said and Done He did have a Relationship with Einstein and had involvement of Einstein's Agreement with Leó Szilárd's Suggestion of having the US have a Atomic Bomb Program. Creating the Manhattan Project .

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I wonder if my seed will grow quickly when inpanted?

I have always fancied a trip to the space staion, perhaps I can hook up with a blonde Swedish Astronaught, purely in the name of science, plus, I really want to see a massive set of norks in weightlessness as I am sure most scientists have.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I knew mentioning orgone would derail the thread. I will introduce a new thread in due time regarding "my theory on WHAT Reich called Orgone," and my theoretical explorations between it, electromagnetism, acupuncture theory and a host of other difficult to measure concepts from our past.

Seriously people, obstinacy is no more scientific method than as yet unproven theory, in fact theory that is and has been in the process of testing is far better and the basis of scientific method. Dismissing out of hand is the furthest thing from it...

That being said, the reason you cannot find a bunch of information on the internet is because most of the good Doctors research was BURNED, for crying out loud AND one need perhaps look at actual books like : The Orgone Accumulator Handbook by DR. James DeMeo (with a forward by Dr. Ruth Reich) and find a host of plans experiments with plants, people etc...Now when following the design concept of full size accumulators you would quickly surmise by its copper, or steel wool make up along with sheets of metal towards the interior that conceptually we are looking at electromagnetics, especially when repeatable experiments have shown low voltage being produced within just one full sized construction(again I apologize this is in a book, aforementioned). When studying Qi theory again...using actual books and spending years in practice both clinically and in Tai Ji, one may arrive to a similar basis for understanding...some form of electromagnetism is at work within and all around us and it may be manipulated through a variety of methods.

So to bring this back to topic, the Cherry Pit simply re-ignited my personal excitement about my personal theory and the evolved theory of orgone by more modern researchers following Reich's very difficult to follow steps by virtue of the destruction of his material. How has Reich been debunked? He discovered an effect and strove to find its cause, theorizing along the way a connection to sexual energy because he and many others were/are familiar with the concept through Ayurveda and Taoist thought that the energy expressed through sexual ejaculation precedes and motivates the physical chi, or latent energy behind Prana.

You cannot simply read a wiki or a blog and even come close to tackling an incredibly deep concept that has persisted for thousands of years. Now please, there is no sense in further degrading this thread. There had been some great additions IE: Ebner effect and stratification etc...

Edit: Lol I am guilty of continuing to derail the thread...Cherry Pit> Space> 8months> grew and flowered 6 years early> hehe wow, let your imagination run wild as to whether or not theres a quantifiable reason for it and try to come up with a way to create controls and repeat it, measure it and maybe we could find some neat, new...or perhaps nothing at all, either way Cherry Pit >Space

edit on 12-4-2014 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Silcone Synapse

Interesting stuff!
A lot of plants/trees will flower earlier than they should due to adverse conditions-something in them knows on some level that something isn't right and so they initiate flowering faster than they usually would in order to maximise their chances at reproduction.
Maybe some conditions on the ISS led the seed to start the process of flowering early when it was planted back on earth?

Or of course,it may just be due to the tree sensing something not quite right here on terra firma...Fukushima related possibly?

Could be why its flowered early; it knows it won't live long and it's time to flower, produce fruit and seeds to start anew.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Reich's theories actually did get some play within the government. I came across references to orgone in some of my research in educational programs within the public school system here in the US. Sounds crazy but it is what it is, lol. We have had some interesting things get poked into by our government. It's the bizarre side of our history.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join