It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Natural Antipathy For All Of Rodentia And the Men Who Laugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

I knew there would be someone who understood my pain! We must stand together and fight the good fight!

My husband is currently working in concert with this evil minion of the dark, by setting out little dinner plates for the creature he is calling "traps" yet, the minion and my husband know the truth of it - its dinner for the creature!

Perhaps they are plotting my demise together.... if I don't come back to ATS... they got me!

That said... I was going to post a picture of the creature and went on google for this, now those pictures will be things of my nightmares for weeks to come... I understand your distress at the Hobbit movie!

Use peanut butter chips whether you are using glue or mechanical traps and in the poison baits too. Mice creep me out severely and they can be quite clever and when on enters my house I don't play we use all three because it is all out war. I have yet to find one that can resist the peanut butter chip of death.

And yes my husband also finds it hysterical watching me run through the house and walk on the furniture. Keeping as little contact with the floor as humanly possible until the little beasties are dead.
edit on 12-4-2014 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Yup, the bait used was peanut butter. Never met a mouse that could resist it. Actually, it was peanut butter AND jelly - the kind that comes swirled together. I figured his last meal ought to be a decent one!

Another little known fact about rodents. I learned this from my first wife (one of my collection of exes), who knew pretty much everything there was to know about rats, mice, and voles. She used to experiment on them when she was working on her doctorate. I had to field death threats from PETA Puppies back in those days. Anyhow, rodents can't belch, according to her. Coke - or anything carbonated and sugary - set out will kill them dead. They can't burp, and the pressure from the carbonated water pops their little innards. I never did that, because I thought it unnecessarily cruel... and because they'd probably die inside a wall or something, and I'd never be rid of the smell.

She swore they couldn't resist the sugar, and the carbonation killed them dead, dead, dead... but I can't confirm that, never having tried it.

Beezzer: I strongly suspect that the main reason she wanted to make sure my shield came back, with or without me breathing, was so that she could stand on it if she saw another mouse.

edit on 2014/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hey now...not all of rodentia species are as evil

What about the coot widdle bunniies, and my faves the chinchilla?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm not scared of rodents and don't leap up on furniture to escape them but I do hunt them aggressively and with extreme prejudice when they get in the house. I think they're adorable and smart but
1)they have zero bladder control and that makes for a stinky health problem
2) they chew electrical wiring making for fire hazards
3) they pull out insulation creating a higher electric bill for me
4) they got into my spring planting seed packages and I've not forgiven them for that.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Have I told you today that your my Hero?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

whitewave
I'm not scared of rodents and don't leap up on furniture to escape them but I do hunt them aggressively and with extreme prejudice when they get in the house. I think they're adorable and smart but
1)they have zero bladder control and that makes for a stinky health problem
2) they chew electrical wiring making for fire hazards
3) they pull out insulation creating a higher electric bill for me
4) they got into my spring planting seed packages and I've not forgiven them for that.

I agree with ALL your points! But I still jump on the furniture and have a near heart attack!

I commend your bravery!

God Bless.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I have to admit I do love the bunnies myself!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I can home today to a still living gift from my cat and though of you OpinionatedB.

I should my appreciation, put it out of it's misery and disposed of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

calstorm
I can home today to a still living gift from my cat and though of you OpinionatedB.

I should my appreciation, put it out of it's misery and disposed of it.

Aren't cats cute when they do that... "Here mommy.. Look what I brought you!"

I used to have three cats, one was a siamese, the other was a rag doll and one was a stray I found as a very small kitten who was injured that I named baby. Baby never grew to be a large cat, always a tiny thing - probably from not having her mother long enough..

Baby was great at trying to be a big girl cat though! Always bringing presents and always so proud. The siamese and the rag doll were lazy though and just made friends with mice.

I was once in the shed getting out some grain for the cows; it was a bright lovely sunny day and the siamese and the rag doll were sunning themselves on the floor of the shed while I was working and a mouse happened by... walked right up to the siamese and within an inch of his foot stopped and looked at him, the siamese lifted his head and opened one eye and then in the manner of "Oh, its just you..." laid his head back down and closed his eyes once more.

I was like... and I have you again why? lol...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

You give women a bad name. We're not all spineless jelly fish when it comes to mice rats or other small mammals.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You'll just have to trust me on this: she gives women a very GOOD name. I've never run into one quite like her, but if there's one out there, there are bound to be more, so there IS hope for humanity! That possibility is what makes it worth the effort for fellas to keep on looking when they stumble across the tree-climbing, rat-killing, trap-setting variety of woman.

In all of my dealing with women over the years, I had not found one worth pitching off a bridge. I was all set to just turn my back on people - women in particular - and head off into the wilderness to be a hermit for the rest of my days. She changed that. I decided to hang around with humanity for a while after I met her.

The rest of them can play with rats (shades of "Willard"!) or keep a house full of cats, or whatever they like - I ain't got no plans to visit them no how. Not worth the walk. They can eat their yogurt, slather warpaint all over their faces, and agonize over whether that extra pound is gonna keep them from trapping some poor unsuspecting sot. Makes no difference to me.

I found one worth the walk, and ain't got no urge to pay the rest any attention at all.

Good thing y'all can kill yer own rats.

Have fun with that!

edit on 2014/4/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join